Chinese NT 2018

• How about Asian games rooster tomen !

There are no messages about it.

There is only a rumor from a fan from Viet Nam.

I couldn't write it.

PS: China U21 has been the winner of 2018 BRICS Games in South Africa through winning India U21 and South Africa U21.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• How about Asian games rooster tomen !

The final list of 14 players [from among the current 16 under training] for the 18th Asian Games won't be announced until the end of the closed training in Beilun, a common practice by the Lang team. Therefore expect no such announcement within this July! That's all I learned.

My own very guess, Yao the setter will have to give way to Diao while Yang the OP gives her slot to Zeng, the veteran, for the Asian Games. But that's only a guess of mine :)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• The official 14-player roster of 2018 Asian Games:

S - Ding Xia, Diao Lin-yu

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu

OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Ying-ying

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Hu Ming-yuan

L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Maybe this roster will be a preview of the WCH roster also, but instead I would replace Yang Fangxu and add another middle blocker. It also depends on how unlisted players perform in the other upcoming competitions.

Hope Zhang Changning takes it easy and doesn't injure herself when she plays.

• Earlier I missed to count that the less experienced Gao Yi wouldn't make the final list for the Asian Games, thus no need to sort out between Zeng or Yang :-) No surprise, indeed this list is the best lineup the team is able to field at this point of time! And confirming the "Xu Yunli return" is just a quickly disappearing, groundless rumour!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• And confirming the "Xu Yunli return" is just a quickly disappearing, groundless rumour!

Shucks. I would have enjoyed that.

• Maybe this roster will be a preview of the WCH roster also, but instead I would replace Yang Fangxu and add another middle blocker. It also depends on how unlisted players perform in the other upcoming competitions.

Hope Zhang Changning takes it easy and doesn't injure herself when she plays.

In theory, Wang Yuan-yuan is the fourth MB if her injury is not heavy.

I hope the three MBs of the winner of 2013 U18 WCH, Yuan, Wang and Hu can all participate in 2018 WCH.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Only a rumor:

Perhaps only 12 players of Chinese women's NT will participate in Asian Games 2018 in Indonesia because some players need more time to relax.

Zeng Chun-lei is even suspected of not going to Indonesia because she has to go to Montreax as the captain of Chinese women's NT.

I hope it is a joke though just I hope.

Perhaps I used some Chinglish words and sentenses. Sorry.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2018/0731/4836.html

The wide roster of Chinese women's NT participating in 2018 AVC Cup:

Head Coach: Shi Hai-rong

Assistant Coaches: Xie Ji-yang, Hao Xi-yu, Yang Jian-bin

Doctor: Yu Hong-jing

Players:

S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu, Sun Hai-ping

OP - Zhu Yue-zhou, Wang Mei-yi, Chen Pei-yan

OH - Liu Yan-han, Duan Fang, Zhang Yi-chan, Ren Kai-yi, Che Wen-han

MB - Yang Zhou, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu

L - Meng Zi-xuan, Wang Wei-yi, Gong Mei-zi

The training players will be notified later before Aug.12 in Zhangzhou, Fujian.

I give the schedule again:

2018 Asian Games: Aug.18 - Sep.2

2018 Montreux: Sep.4 - Sep.9

2018 AVC Cup: Sep.17 - Sep.25

2018 WCH: Sep.29 - Oct.20

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Sohu coverage on the 2018 AVC Cup (or Asian Cup). A lax, partial excerpt from the article.

In this list, the players selected for the women's volleyball team training in this year and last year are basically on the list, including Wang Meiyi, who was selected last year, and Zheng Yixin, who only participated in the training session this year.

The main task of the Second Team is to prepare for the 2018 AVC Cup, but if there is any outstanding player or players, it is estimated that she will also participate in the classic Swiss Montreux Volley Masters, and even has the opportunity to participate in the World Championships as a substitute.

The women's volleyball Asian Cup/AVC Cup will be held in Thailand from 17—23 September. It can be seen from this list that the Chinese Volleyball Association also pays more attention to this event, basically gathering the best players in the country outside the First Team (main NT).

Due to the head coach, Lang Ping, already advocated the “Big National Team Plan”, as long as a player performs well in the Second Team, she also has the opportunity to rise to the First Team and takes part there.

In the past cycle, Zhang Changning, Ding Xia, Yan Ni were all promoted in this way, so these players, including Yao Di, and Deng Qiuyuan who may come to the Second Team in the future, are all cherishing every competition/tournament opportunity given.

In this list, there are also young players like Che Wenhan, who is selected for the first time in the senior national team's training. Together with Chen Peiyan, both players were part of the Chinese National Youth Team that won the just-completed BRICS Cup. Che Wenhan, born in 2000, is 1.95m tall, but her body is slightly thin.

This time, together with Chen Peiyan these two young players are joining the training to find out what the coaching team may get from them. If they can be included in the final list for the AVC Cup, this success alone is already a victory for both of these young players.

https://www.sohu.com/a/244448477_568429

• Lang Ping is very smart. These players in the AVC Cup wide roster should see this as an opportunity to get a foothold into the main NT, to showcase their talent and potential to the coaching staff. And even if they don't make the roster, it would be a good time to show some progress in the right direction. It also seems like they are trying to speed up the development of Che Wenhan for China's next generation. Look at Li Yingying who is the same age and is already making a name for herself. Though I would have to agree with you samsara , her body needs some work in getting stronger.

I'm glad to see Chen Peiyan's name, she has the athleticism, but needs to work on her skills and gaining more experience in competition. Hope she gets more playing time in this upcoming Chinese League season. I'm surprised Wu Han wasn't listed even though her name was on the Montreux wide roster, this could've been another competition she could get more experience in.

• In the photos of the team outing to Mount Putuo I noticed there was no Gao Yi, but instead Yang Hanyu. Has she been participating in the recent training?

• In the past cycle, Zhang Changning, Ding Xia, Yan Ni were all promoted in this way, so these players, including Yao Di, and Deng Qiuyuan who may come to the Second Team in the future, are all cherishing every competition/tournament opportunity given.

This article really summed up why I get sad when people talk about how unimportant and meaningless some tournaments are. I love B Team volleyball. It's way important :)

• In the photos of the team outing to Mount Putuo I noticed there was no Gao Yi, but instead Yang Hanyu. Has she been participating in the recent training?

If there are no other problems, Yang Han-yu will be the fourth MB in Team A. Wang Yuan-yuan's injury is still not well. Gao Yi ... might have to participate in 2018 AVC Cup.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• The videos of the award ceremony of Chinese Super League 17/18 on August 7, 2018:

Sina Sports: http://video.sina.com.cn/l/pl/sportstv/1723904.html

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• According to the news, because Ding Xia, Diao Lin-yu and Yao Di are all in Team A.

Besides Sun Hai-ping, Team B for 2018 AVC Cup will call Chen Xin-tong once more.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• rather than chen xintong, it's better to give opportunity to potential young players such as cai yaqian, meng dou and sun yan (also zhang zhihan)

• According to the photo about the training of Team B, the training roster of 2018 AVC Cup is:

S - Sun Hai-ping, Chen Xin-tong

OP - Wang Mei-yi, Chen Pei-yan

OH - Liu Yan-han, Duan Fang, Zhang Yi-chan, Ren Kai-yi

MB - Yang Zhou, Zheng Yi-xin, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu

L - Meng Zi-xuan, Gong Mei-zi

In theory, Liu Yan-han, Ren Kai-yi and Zheng Yi-xin all could play the match as opposite hitters.

Zhu Yue-zhou (OP) is said to join Team B but not in the photo.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Looks like Zhang Changning will not participate in the Asian Games because of an injury during training. As a safety precaution, her health is most important for China's success at the World Championship. I wonder if Lang Ping will send her to the Montreux Volley Masters (Sept. 4-9) so she can at least warm-up, though it might be risky.

With Yao Di taking the last Asian Games spot, Lang Ping can alternate between her and Diao Linyu to see who shall be the second setter for WCH if she decides to just take two.

I guess it also depends on what combination of positions Lang Ping will bring to WCH, will it be the typical...

4 Outside Hitters

2 Opposites

4 Middle Blockers

2 Setters

2 Liberos

or something else...