Chinese NT 2018

• If the rumors are all true, Zhang Chang-ning and Yang Fang-xu may participate in neither 2018 Asian Games nor WCH 2018.

They are both injured on their knees though Yang's injury is "old" and Zhang's injury is "new".

The final roster of players who participate in 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia:

S - Ding Xia, Diao Lin-yu, Yao Di

OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Gong Xiang-yu

OH - Zhu Ting, Liu Xiao-tong, Li Ying-ying

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Hu Ming-yuan

L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie

They went to Indonesia by airplane yesterday.

Due to the "time", Yao Di replaced Zhang Chang-ning and no one replaced Yang Fang-xu.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I fear Zhang Chang-ning's career is not going to be a long one. She's still young and seems to have some injury or other almost every year. ;(

• sitenoise I feel the same way too. Hopefully this recent injury isn't a harsh one and she can recover well though it is understandable if she can't play in WCH, the main long term goal is to have her healthy by Tokyo 2020. This give opportunities for Li Yingying to mature and gain more experience.

I noticed on the Asian Games website that Duan Fang was listed, though I don't think she was able to travel in time. I guess her name was there just to fill the 14 player roster.

• I like the new shade of red! :thumbup:

Fit well the striking heat of tropical country!

From the final roster in the OFFICIAL website of the 2018 ASIAN GAMES, the Chinese team lists 14 player names incl. Duan Fang, but she has not showed up in JAKARTA. And much possibly won't show up. She can focus for AVC Cup & Swiss Classic training, the NT in the AG has more than necessary strength to proceed confidently with just 13 players. Simply too many int'l tournaments to cater within the close intervals.

I wish Zhang Changning's injury is not that serious to hinder her volleyball career, still awaiting her full participation in the coming WCH. But if she is not yet ready, then look for her in the 2020 Tokyo OG.

https://en.asiangames2018.id/s…l/event/volleyball-women/

A quality replay:

The 2018 Asian Games — Women's Volleyball Group B: China vs Vietnam 20180819 HD (full match, CCTV-5)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Yao Di's and Duan Fang's photos has been showed on the official website this day [Aug.20].

https://en.asiangames2018.id/s…c/results/athlete/9960631

https://en.asiangames2018.id/s…c/results/athlete/9960630

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• A quality replay:

The 2018 Asian Games

These Asian Games videos are getting taken down faster than the Olympics!

• These Asian Games videos are getting taken down faster than the Olympics!

Yeah sadly, it seems the volleyball matches in the 2018 Asian Games is a big no no in youtube, I just wanna share the replay match of China vs Chinese Taipei that I found yesterday's night by another uploader but now it's already gone too. The possible culprit of the copyleft issue sucks so much. I don't guess the replays of the volleyball matches in the Asian Games will follow the same fate as the notorious OG <sigh>. But strangely the replays of other sports such as basketball, badminton, table tennis etc from the 2018 AG are safely intact at youtube. Just have no idea WHY???

Try to look around the China's resources, sites like Tencent video etc may host some.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• CHN just beat KOR team convincingly in straight, 25-21, 25-16, 25-16 in today's pool match of the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta (23 Aug).

From the match, about the Chinese players:

• Zeng Chunlei was the weak link, got block repeatedly. Feel sorry for her but she was really no longer the core material for the team, and instead she was a burden for her team whenever she played.

• Gong Xiangyu played as substitute for Zeng but she was clearly the better player, both in offense and blocking. Quite effective in this match during her relatively short appearance.

• Yao Di had an excellent play, as the substitute setter for Ding Xia, she shone at the match. Her serves were also good.

• Liu Xiaotong was also good. Her offense was fine as well as her attacking serves, very helpful.

• Zhu Ting, Yuan Xinyue, Yan Ni all were great. Ding Xia, Lin Li too.

• Li Yingying was good. She just played shortly as Liu's substitute.

The KOR team had its full line-up incl. the captain, KYK. They led shortly in sets 2 & 3 only when Zeng was on court. Whenever Zeng was pulled out (along with Ding Xia) on double substitutions by Yao Di + Gong, the Chinese team just ran away, at least that situation occurred in the set 2 & 3, I missed the set 1 thus couldn't comment on it. CHN Middle blockers, Yuan and Yan were so effective (Hu Mingyuan was not fielded in this match), blocking also worked very well, the captain Zhu simply had less hard work on her shoulder, her teammates all were contributing (except Zeng alone). A total reverse situation from the VNL match between KOR vs CHN, what a sweet revenge for the Chinese team. The recent team training are effective!

Just saw Duan Fang at the bench, so she has joined the team at last.

I hope a HQ full replay of this match will show up soon. Must grab it fast as the earlier matches all had very short live!

• Zeng and Gong are still recovering from gastroenteritis. Hope they get well soon.

• Duan Fang didn't play well in the match against Kazakhstan.

Who will be the fourth OH of WCH is still in suspense.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I agree, I don't see Duan Fang making the roster for WCH. If Zhang Changning really does miss the tournament, the only other OH options available in the wide roster is; Liu Yanhan, who's level has declined over the past couple years. Zheng Yixin, convert her to an outside hitter since the middle blocker positions are hard to secure, Didn't she play as opposite before? Who knows, maybe Lang Ping might take a risk and bring Xu Luyao (OP/OH) though she has yet to accumulate experience at this level so not likely.

• If Zhang Changning misses WCH due to injury, Lang Ping will most likely bring 3 setters. Weakest spot is setter because there is no stable starter or backup. Too bad Shen Jingsi is not playing this year because I think she is a better option than Yao or Diao. Yao is too inconsistent and Diao is too inexperienced.

I don't think anyone can replace Zhang Changning for CNT. Liu Xiaotong is doing her best to take that spot but she is a backup. Li Yingying is lacking experience. The rest of the OHs don't have the attacking power or reception. So hopefully Zhang will be fit for WCH.

• Is Zeng Chunlei sick or something? I don't see her on court now.

Therefore, in this match, Li Ying-ying plays as an OP. Zeng Chun-lei's situation is unknown. Maybe she just has a rest.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• They only sent 13 players according to official website.

Let's wait for the official message.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Zeng Chunlei is recovering from a reoccurring injury. Hope she gets well soon.