Chinese NT 2018

• Lots of injuries for China this year, wish everyone a safe and healthy career.

Since the Montreux competition is only a few days after the Asian Games, my guess is that either Liu Xiaotong or Yuan Xinyue will replace Zeng as captain and lead the team while she recovers. This will also be a good time to further examine Wu Han at opposite in case Zeng is not ready in time for WCH. Li Yingying seemed awkward and is unfamiliar hitting at opposite, she is is more effective as main attack.

Edit:

I just read an article that Zeng Chunlei has resumed training with the team today though it is still unsure whether or not she will participate in the semifinals match against Japan.

• Congrats to Zhang Changning on her engagement.

• Any update on who will be going to compete in the Montreux Volley Masters? I think the only people I read confirmed to not travel to Switzerland are Zhu Ting, Ding Xia, Yan Ni, and Lang Ping.

• OH: Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan, Duan Fang

MB: Yang Hanyu, Gao Yi, Hu Mingyuan

S: Diao Linyu, Sun Haiping

OP: Gong Xiangyu, Wu Han

L: Lin Li, Meng Zixuan

Liu Xiaotong is playing all tournaments so far.

• Most likely resting for WCH. I thought she played well during the asian games while Liu Xiaotong could use more work.

Looks like Yao Di won Lang Ping, Diao didn't get much playing time in the games, but when she did, she struggled with her connection.

I would like to see how Wu Han, Yang Hanyu, and Sun Haiping do.

• Congrats to Zhang Changning on her engagement.

Could this personal reason be the real cause why Zhang was left out in the Asian Games? Frankly speaking the current Chinese team was already overpowering for the Asian Games competition, the team could stand very well without Zhang's service as it indeed exhibited during the tournament. Yet the WCH event may really need Zhang in service provided she's truly recovered and fit.

Congratulations to Zhang for her special day! May she be healthy and fit with the team as well as runs a successful personal life!!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Xu Lu-yao [OP/OH born in 2001] also joined the training camp of Chinese NT in Beilun, Ningbo though she should ... not participate in WCH 2018 as the player wearing No.7 shirt.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• BEST WISHES TO THE PAIR:

Zhang Changning(张常宁)& Wu Guanxi(吴冠希)

On 31 August 2018, the Chinese women's volleyball team had a happy event. CBA Jiangsu men's basketball center Wu Guanxi (吴冠希)officially proposed to the Chinese women's volleyball olympian Zhang Changning (张常宁). Under the witness of friends and relatives, Zhang Changning accepted Wu Guanxi's proposal, and the two were quite sweet.

Wu Guanxi is a 2.1-meter tall and handsome man. He is only 24 years old this year. His parents are volleyball players. Zhang Changning is well-known, no need for introduction any further. Zhang constitutes one of the main forte of the Chinese women's volleyball team, there is even a well-known, affectionate phrase among the Chinese volleyball fans to describe the main forte: Zhu-Yuan-Zhang. Zhang was born in 1995, with a height of 1.95 meters. The two can be described as a talented pair, and in China's sports world, these two personalities will definitely be an eye-catching couple!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• About Asian Cup and WCH:

It's said Zhang Yi-chan has returned Shanghai VC.

Therefore, will Xu Lu-yao replace her?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• About Asian Cup and WCH:

It's said Zhang Yi-chan has returned Shanghai VC.

Therefore, will Xu Lu-yao replace her?

Zhang Yichan is neither young nor good (I mean just a standard player), saw her play briefly in the VNL. So better give her spot to Xu Luyao, the promising younger player. At least to send Xu to the coming AVC Cup.

XU Luyao(徐璐瑶)— 82kg, 192cm, born in August 2000, Club: Jiangsu , Position: Spiker (OH, OP) , Spike: 317cm, Block: 311cm — the recipient of the Best Opposite award in the 19th Asian Women's U19 Championship in 2018, held in Vietnam.

• I like that Lang Ping is already giving opportunities to the next generation of players. Some other countries aren't doing that and are relying on their aging veterans.

For Xu Luyao it'll be hard to make the WCH roster, but at least she gets to experience what it's like to train with the NT. Hopefully this opportunity will motivate her to train even more harder for a chance to return next year.

• The 2018 Asian Women's Volleyball Cup

The 2018 Asian Women's Volleyball Cup , so-called 2018 AVC Cup for Women will be the sixth edition of the Asian Women's Volleyball Cup, a biennial international volleyball tournament organised by the Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC) with Thailand Volleyball Association (TVA). The tournament will be held in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, from 17 to 23 September 2018.

This is the first Asian Women's Volleyball Cup which will use the new competition format. Following the 2017 AVC Board of Administration’s unanimous decision, the new format will see teams being drawn into three or four pools up to the total amount of the participating teams. Each team as well as the host side will be assigned into a pool according to their previous ranking (2017 Asian Women's Volleyball Championship). As the three best-ranked teams will be drawn in the same Pool A, the next best three will contest Pool B. Pool C will comprise teams finishing next best four teams.

POOL A

Japan (1)

Thailand (Host, 2)

South Korea (3)

POOL B

China (4)

Vietnam (5)

Chinese Taipei (6)

POOL C

Kazakhstan (7)

Philippines (8)

Iran (9)

Australia (10)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…_Women%27s_Volleyball_Cup

The Chinese team will start its campaign against the Vietnamese squad.

16 September at 13:30 (local time)

China vs Vietnam (location: Nakhon Ratchasima)