• What is full roster for AVC Cup?

The one I seen, but I'm not sure if it is a credible source stated this:

EDIT (Correct Roster) :

OH: Duan Fang, Liu Yanhan, Ren Kaiyi, Zhang Yichan, Che Wenhan

OP: Chen Peiyan, Wang Meiyi

MB: Zheng Yixin, Gao Yi, Yang Zhou

S: Sun Haiping, Chen Xintong

L: Meng Zixuan, Gong Meizi

• Yang Hanyu is training with the A team. Che Wenhan is taking her place. Also heard Liu Yanhan is not with the Asian Cup team because she is not in the group practice photo. I think Liu Yanhan is done with the national team based on her recent performances.

• Liu Yan-han may not participate in 2018 AVC Cup due to her injury.

Team B might have to be 13 players.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Liu Yan-han may not participate in 2018 AVC Cup due to her injury.

Team B might have to be 13 players.

Liu Yanhan plays in the AVC Cup. She wears shirt no. 19, and was fielded in the first match against Vietnam (China won 3-0).

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I think I seen Xu Yunli in the recent training photos. Look like Lang Ping has taken a liking to her as a role model to help the young middle blockers. Maybe a possible hint that in fact Yang Hanyu will make the WCH roster?

Seems like the B team is doing well in the Asian Cup. Liu Yanhan is putting up big points against lower level teams, but can't do the same against top teams.

• I think I seen Xu Yunli in the recent training photos. Look like Lang Ping has taken a liking to her as a role model to help the young middle blockers. Maybe a possible hint that in fact Yang Hanyu will make the WCH roster?

Seems like the B team is doing well in the Asian Cup. Liu Yanhan is putting up big points against lower level teams, but can't do the same against top teams.

That is one of the reasons why she stayed

Let see again when Liu meets the host's core team :-) Thailand sets a gold target in this AVC Cup, practically plays the same team as in the Asian Games. They steamrolled both team #2 from JPN & KOR.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• THA v CHN is going to be fun. Quite different from JPN or KOR though, who brought kids with zero NT or high level playing experience. Thailand didn't steamroll Japan by any stretch. They beat them because they have the experience to close out a set. They won't have that advantage over China. I'm picking Gao Yi as the difference maker over Liu. Just a hunch. Still, THA in four.

• I say bring Yang Hanyu for the last spot. They need her height in the case of an injury to Yuan or Yan Ni. Besides, Gong can act as a third setter if necessary.

For the Asian Cup against Thailand, it might help to go with height. Starting with Chen Peiyan at opposite.

• I say bring Yang Hanyu for the last spot. They need her height in the case of an injury to Yuan or Yan Ni. Besides, Gong can act as a third setter if necessary.

For the Asian Cup against Thailand, it might help to go with height. Starting with Chen Peiyan at opposite.

I think it over who will be left out among the 15 players now in Beilun TC.

I agree with your suggestion to leave out one of the setters, for two are enough, either Diao or Yao will stay at home, wait for her next golden opportunity.

Zeng, even though she is no longer shiny in the late years but considering her long services (incl the 2015 WC) and the limited years to stay with the NT, and being left out in Rio... this time the Team won't disappoint her and will take her along to Japan... a decision which I fully grasp.

About the Asian Cup, the host with its U-30 core team will be tough to crack for the Chinese second liners, the host team will be favourite in the final.

• The 2018 FIVB Women's Volleyball World Championship

The match schedule of the Chinese Team, five matches in the Pool B, and time refers to Beijing time zone BJT:

— 29/9 18:20 CHN vs CUB

— 30/9 18:20 CHN vs TUR

— 2/10 18:20 CHN vs CAN

— 3/10 18:20 CHN vs BUL

— 4/10 18:20 CHN vs ITA

• THE 2018 AVC / ASIAN CUP

The Chinese squad will see the Thai team one stage earlier In the 2018 AVC / Asian Cup, for the semifinals will play CHN vs THA (the real final) and JPN vs TPE. This unusual encounters may be caused by the seeding matters taken from the past results. Both the JPN and KOR teams are seeded higher than CHN. Lucky for the other two semifinalists :-)

SF1 Friday 21 Sep 16:00 JPN vs TPE

SF2 Friday 21 Sep 18:30 CHN vs THA

*BKK time zone (UTC +7)

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Heard the roster will be announced on the 25th and the team will go to Japan on the 26th. One of the 15 players on the team photo shoot will be cut. I think it is between Yang Hanyu and Diao/Yao, 4 MBs and 2 setters or 3 MBs and 3 setters. Lang Ping took 3 MBs and 3 setters to the 2014 edition.