Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• I think the time has come for the new thread for a whole new year for the team. So far here is my list of deserving players:

Setter
    1. Roberta - 2017 has been a great year for her.
    2. Naiane - talented & brave on court.

OH
    1. Natalia - basically the best OH Brazil has right now although she is underperforming in Fenerbahce.
    2. Fe Garay - still lethal. but I don't know if she will be able to make it to Rio. the younger girls are catching up.
    3. Gabi - Brazil's most stable attacker and hitter. With her on court, they can unleash Natalia full power.
    4. Rosamaria - she needs to step up her game.
    5. Drussyla - so hard to picture her as starter but she still have time to grow and learn. her beach volleyball skills transition on court is just great!

Opp
    1. Tandara - enough said.
    2. Tiffany - love her or hate her, she will definitely bring height and power on court. Plus, she looks like Tandara.
    3. Edinara - the second coming of Mari.

MB
    1. Bia - the top of the pack.
    2. Carol - getting so much better on Turkey
    3. Thaisa - if she decides to come back, and if her performance is on par
    4. Adenizia - doing well on Italy, although her attitude on court is off-putting
    5. Juciely - not young like the others, but her back slide is the best after Fabiana
    6. Mayhara - judging by her recent performance on Superliga, she still can make it

Libero
    1. Thaiss - help Osasco a lot
    2. Gabi - hope she recovers fast
    3. Suellen - wish she is a bit more active chasing the ball
    4. Camilla Brait - come back, please.
    5. Fabi - can she come back, too?

How about yours?

• I'd go with:

S: Roberta, Naiane, Dani Lins*
    OPP: Tandara, Edinara, Lorenne**
    OHs: Natália, Gabi, Rosamaria, Garay, Drussyla
    MBs: Bia, Thaísa, Adenízia, Carol
    L: Gabiru, Suelen

*She'll get called either way.
    **Just for some experience.

Players I'd like to see in a hypothetical B team:

S: Ananda
    OPP: Bruna, Paula Borgo
    OHs: Amanda, Fernanda Tomé, Maira, Mari Paraíba
    MBs: Milka, Mayhara, Fran, Mara
    L: Dani Terra

• I thought Dani Lins was pregnant? She's not going to play this season surely? Anyhow Roberta is definitely first choice.

OH - agree with most - but not really impressed with Rosamaria. I guess shes been part of the squad for a while now it would be awkward to cut her off . I kept hoping last season she would begin to show a better or more consistent level,, but i couldn't really see this.

Why isn't anyone saying Leia for Libero ? Has she left the team? I thought she only requested a season off.

I would like to see Tiffany in the team - just for the groundbreaking nature of it and what kind of dynamic that would add to the team and the reaction of other teams! lol the drama.

Edinara has got potential - still a bit raw but experience will help.

• Dani wants to play the WCH at least. I think she's gonna deliver this month? Not sure. That'd probably give her enough time to rejoin the team like Fabíola did in 2016 for the Olympics.

And I completely forgot about Léia for some reason. lol I'd take her over Suelen had Gabiru not suffered an ACL injury.

I agree with you about Rosamaria - I really like her and wish she could improve quicker, especially in reception, but so far she's been underwhelming in the league. Her season with the NT last year was okay though, so she might do well once again.

• This is just for me:
    Full review next time

Setter: roberta
    Second : fabiola

Outside hitter: fe garay
    Second: gabi; rosamaria (also opposite)

Opposite: tandara
    Second: edinara; bruna honorio

Middle blockers: bia and carol
    Second: thaisa

Libero: thaissa

• We had almost the same choice for every spot. And I do think Dani Lins will still be a part of the team. She has been playing with the team for such a long time and she understands Coach Ze's style of playing. Plus, having an experienced setter is always a huge helping hand for a team.

What's your opinion on Tiffany being Tandara's back up tho?

True about Rosamaria.Tbh I don't understand what people see in her. Pri Daroit have been outplaying her on some occasion this season. She is like the Marieanne Steinbrecher of the new generation; but that is during Mari's downfall year. At least Mari has 2004 and 2008's Olympics written her name all over it.

You are going to leave Natalia out and choose Rosamaria instead? Gurl.

• We had almost the same choice for every spot. And I do think Dani Lins will still be a part of the team. She has been playing with the team for such a long time and she understands Coach Ze's style of playing. Plus, having an experienced setter is always a huge helping hand for a team.

What's your opinion on Tiffany being Tandara's back up tho?

What I think people fail to realize about the whole Tifanny ordeal is that she's already quite old (in volleyball years) and has zero experience internationally, in a high level at least. So no, as cool as it possibly could be to see her in the NT, I'm not sure I'd want it. ZRG might want her in the team, though.

• Starting with setter position, I would like to see Naiane and Lyara (U23 until last year) having chances in NT for next years, thinking in the future, this is the first season of Lyara as starter in Superliga and I like her game a lot, otherwise I don't know if Naiane still have a chance this year because of her injury (not fully recovered) and playing time, maybe coach Zé relies on experience of Dani Lins (expected to deliver at the end of this month), Fabíola and Roberta who did a great season with NT in 2017.

For the opposite position, Tandara (which should have been starter since 2013) is what we have from best and I like her game, Edinara still inconsistent sometimes, but I like her, she can catch the ball really high, and I love her approach to attack, reminds me Mari Steinbrecher a lot (on her best days), and I don't see any promissing player for this spot besides her. Lorenne is great, but she made a terrible decision to play in Osasco, knowing she would be on the bench, and because of changes in roster, Paula Borgo who was also promissing for the position, turns into third option on the team, hope this two girls get better options for the next season.

Among the outside hitters, Natália, Fernanda Garay and Gabi are above the others on this position. I really like Drussyla, but she is feeling the responsability of being starter in a big team, and sometimes get's benched for Peña (which is doing better than her), she should step up her game quickly.
    Rosamaria is on her worst season on clubs in some couple of years, being outplayed by Pri Daroit all along season. If this two don't get better at the end of club's season, I think that coach Zé will work on the possibility of taking a defensive OH, so I will bet on Amanda, Mari Paraíba or Jaque.

Middle blockers is where we have the best options, we all know that Zé likes Jucy a lot, but I really don't want her in roster, I think it's time to Bia and Carol to play, the other two should be Thaisa and Adênizia. Thaisa is gonna be on roster this friday for the first time since she get injured, and all the work in her recovery is for sure counting on the possibility to take her for the WWCH.

Libero position is the big gap for me, Gabiru still on recovery from her ACL injury, and is expected to be fully recovered in june, she is what we have from best here, I don't like Suelen at all, but in this moment she is outplaying Leia. Osasco libero (Tássia) is making a better season than the other two, but has no international experience at this level (I guess).

• if without the acl injury if gabi, she will be the libero of the nt. Now, it is up for grabs but i think suelen has an advantage among other. With the team since 2017, had a good season, she can set well....

Gabi is third choice

Second choice is thasia.. her international experience was aweful last 2016 but it was her first!

Fourth is leia who isa having a terrible season

Fifth is jaqueine she is a stable passer!

Natalia araujo is my sixth libero; scouted in the kast u23 volleyball world championship!

• Dani Lins was asked about the new brazilian setters(she didn't mention Fabiola so I am assuming she is talking about the new girls) in this interview.

https://youtu.be/UoJB46F-lWw

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The superliga is coming to an end. I think it is clear that some of our favorites is going to make the cut.

But recently Coach Ze made a statement that Tiffany is welcome to play for NT. I think this is great. She is powerful and has the height. Some people says she is lacking international experience, hence, she should play as much as possible. She will be a good back up to Tandara.

And please leave out Thaisa. She is no longer who she is. Let her fully recover first. Bia, Adenizia, Carol, Juciely, Mayhara -- all these women can do a better job.

• THe position with whom i am excited to be with is the mb! There are a lot of players who has stepped up

Rio - juciely and mayhara (hoping she will be included)
    Praia - hoping fabiana will retire. Just wishful thinking
    Osasco - bia!!! When she’s angry everythjng is on fire
    Scandicci - adenizia being the no. Middle blocker
    Nilufer - no. 2 just alight below eda in attack but no 1 in block

Mara i dont think sbe will be called; mayany is a welcome addition
    Milka is having a great season with pinheiros as well

Barueri no thaisa pls but i welcome the addition of fran!!!!

• I have to disagree that Ze should leave out Thaisa. She was once Brazil's most dominant middle blocker and even the world at one point. It would be foolish not to atleast test her in VNL to see if she could return to atleast the level of Mara or Mayhara.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Coach Zé called 10 players to start preparation for this year in NT, the trainings starts next Tuesday.

S: Macris (Minas) Fabíola (Osasco)
    OPP: Tandara (Osasco)
    OH: Rosamaria (Minas)
    MB: Thaisa( Barueri), Adenizia (Scandicci), Bia (Osasco), Carol (Nilüfer/TUR), Mara (Minas)
    L: Leia (Minas)

After the finals of Superliga, we probably will have full list, but I think that there's a chance for players like Jaque, to join the team before the World Championship. Fernanda Garay, as everybody knows, asked to be out of NT this year, she just married and wants to spend more time with her family.

• S: Roberta, Claudina (she much better than Fabiola)
    Opp: Tandara
    OH: Gabi (Rio even though I think she has a hard time against good blockers, you need her in the back row) Fe, Natalie
    MB: Bia, Carol, Natalia (from Osasco..I know she is older but she has been playing solid)
    L: Don't know