Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• What happened to Rosamaria this year? She performanced well in national team last year...But why she even can’t be put in basic line in Praia now... ??=OAnd does she play much better in opposite position than as a outside blocker? I’m afraid that if she still play such short time in court, she couldn’t get improved and can she be selected into the national team next year?

She is a liability in passing. She can be a good opposite however tandara is the nt starter opposite...

And in her club, they have contacted fawcett

• mayany scored 11 points 6 in attacks and 5 in blocks! I bet lavarinni is giving her more time. And plus the sets she is having is more than before wcch

• She is a liability in passing. She can be a good opposite however tandara is the nt starter opposite...

And in her club, they have contacted fawcett

Tandara could get high points but she usually made errors in key times,I think that’s why she can’t be core of team like Sheilla.Among the young players,Drussyla seems to be worse than Rosa in passing... And Drussyla is resting for injuries now,Rosa can’t get enough time in court recently.These youth players should have opportunities to get improved, otherwise would Zé still plan to rely on veteran players in 2020?:/

• There's no way in hell Drussyla is worse than Rosa, both in attacking and receiving. Rosa isn't very good in either. She can be an average OPP, but that's it I'm afraid.

• Drussyla is better than rosamaria! She and gabi has other types of scoring. Unlike rosamaria.. but rosamaria is good in block and in service

• Mayany starter in game vs rio. Bruna got the highest point

Carol viva volei! Natalia pkayed good in the first two sets however felt pain in the knee..

Macris and roberta giving a show! What’s imminent here is that, macris is giving a sign to roberta that she will be starter and roberta isnt afraid even if it will need her position in nt.

• all this talk about BRA in desperate need of good OH and OPP, how about lorrayna? she is young, tall and jumps well, and a lefty. karch might have liked her if she were american...

as of the moment im ok with tandara and bruna

Oh - gabi garay and natalia. If cbv could just be brave enough i want tainara and julia bergmann...

Mb - im sure mayany will be the third mb along with carol and ade. Bia and drussyla (oh) dont have a good season due to injury..

• Mayany!!!!! But im afraid we already have the best blockers in the world! But she is a serious contender thought my first choice is carol gattaz if u check in the superliga!!!

• Mayany!!!!! But im afraid we already have the best blockers in the world! But she is a serious contender thought my first choice is carol gattaz if u check in the superliga!!!

Gattaz is having a great season, but I'm not sure she should be invited/accept the offer to the NT. She's quite old, and playing for such a long time without a break can be bad for her health. Also I don't think she'll be able to maintain that same form.

Brazil is already paying the price for relying on the same veteran players for such a long time so that would be a bad, bad idea. Quick results is not something they currently need. Focusing on developing young, inexperienced players for more success in the future should be their priority

• Gattaz already said she wont be back to the NT because she cant handle an entire year of practice and playing in high level. She is almost 40 and she has issues with her knee for a few years now.

Also, please. Superleague is one thing. NT tournaments are another. She was not that good in World Club Championship btw.

• Zé likes working with the same group of players, so I doubt we'll see Mayany as a serious contender for a spot in the main squad before Tokyo. It's gonna be Thaísa, Carol, Adenízia and Bia again. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Gattaz is having a great season, but I'm not sure she should be invited/accept the offer to the NT. She's quite old, and playing for such a long time without a break can be bad for her health. Also I don't think she'll be able to maintain that same form.

Brazil is already paying the price for relying on the same veteran players for such a long time so that would be a bad, bad idea. Quick results is not something they currently need. Focusing on developing young, inexperienced players for more success in the future should be their priority

I really would love to see Gattaz back, not only due to the fact she has the best slide attack in our league, but also because of how much she's improved since moving to Minas a few seasons ago, but that would probably backfire indeed. She hasn't played in the NT for ages and, as you said, her health would probably take quite a hit. It's too late for her.

I'd like to see a switch to developing new players too, but 1) there simply aren't many of them 2) investment in sports is gonna be basically inexistent with our new government, so it's probably all downhill from here.

• But ze its already 2019 after a drastic 2005 move its time to have a move again like doing a 2014 kiraly!!!!!

I still believe in carol-carol-mayany trio mb!

Haiii i really have high hopes for her! Next yr, she will play for the under 23 championship and we will see!!!

Mayany is a player that jumps high, gets fast mb spikes from other teams blocked and is good at single block for players spiking at the back row!!

• Ok now that u guys are saying that carol gattaz wont be accepted. Thenthey might invite diana alecrim of sae caetano. The girl got the block and serve!

• Ok now that u guys are saying that carol gattaz wont be accepted. Thenthey might invite diana alecrim of sae caetano. The girl got the block and serve!

It's not that Carol wont be accepted. She simply cant due to her health.

• i'd think it's not too early to get mayany or other young players in the NT for 2020... if only ze wasn't such a stubborn donkey...

Thats correct. I guess ze is solved with ade bia and carol. But mayany is a league of its own

• How about Mara? She's pretty tall and fairly young. Perhaps, she should be given more chances so that she can develop.

Has Tiffany's name ever floated around?

Mara is slow, gets blocked and cant really kill a ball

• i don't think BRA would seriously consider tifanny for the NT, mostly because she's not young.

for MBs to develop, how about milka, valquiria and mayany? i like leticia too.

(or they can pretend it's 2008/2012 and bring back walewska, gattaz, thaisa, fabi... or valeskinha :D^^:dance4:)