Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• Ouach! That's harsh. I agree her reception is sometime shaky and her back row defense is weak. But I wouldn't say she's not a NT material.

You've just assumed her reception is shaky and her defense is bad also. Her attack is not good either. What is she good at then? :gone:

I do like Amanda, I am happy for her growth in the past two seasons playing is our Superliga, but she should not be starter in Brazil NT. It's quite different level that I am pretty sure she does not belong (at least yet).

• First bunch of players called for training aiming the WCH:

Roberta (S); Tandara (OPP); Adenízia, Carol and Bia (MBs), Gabi, Natália, Amanda, Drussyla and Rosamaria (OHs) and Gabiru (libero).
    Cut from the previous squad: Macris (S), Monique (OPP), Mara (MB)
    Absent due to injury: Suelen (libero)

Dani Lins will be the second setter and Thaísa the fourth MB. Second OPP and libero spot is open. There's a small chance we'll see some other players from the B squad playing PAC join the team: Maira (OH), Fernanda Tomé (OH), Tássia (L), Bruna Honório (OPP).

• isnt libero Gabiru's defense as good as libero Suelen's ?
    btw..what about Camila Brait ? when will she return ? (or will she return ?)

Gabiru is a big question mark. She hasn't played properly in almost a year, when she suffered an ACL rupture playing as an OH in Brazilian league, so there's really no way to know how her game is.
    Brait has stated that she'll never return to the NT.

• Gabiru is a big question mark. She hasn't played properly in almost a year, when she suffered an ACL rupture playing as an OH in Brazilian league, so there's really no way to know how her game is.
    Brait has stated that she'll never return to the NT.

ok.thanks. i watched Bra vs Chi VNL a little and Gabiru's defense didnt look that good for a Brazilan libero

• ok.thanks. i watched Bra vs Chi a little and Gabiru's defense didnt look that good for a Brazilan libero

She usually has great defense, but I think it'll be a while until we know for sure. That game against China isn't indicative of anything really. She was just coming off a big recovery period and made her first game in the season right in a 3rd place match. It's okay that she performed poorly.

• no juciely?

I doubt we'll see her in the NT again. She's nearing the end of her career. Her performance already decreased quite a lot after an injury she sustained last year and she'll probably even be on the bench next club season.

• After evaluating players' performance in Pan Am Cup, Ze Roberto has just announced four more players that will join the NT. He has invited Dani Lins (S), Thaisa (MB), Suelen (L) and Fernanda Tomé (OH/OPP). So, there are 15 invited players right now:

OPP: Tandara

S: Dani Lins and Roberta

OH: Amanda, Drussyla, Rosamaria, Natália, Gabi and Fe Tomé

MB: Adenízia, Bia, Carol and Thaisa

L: Gabiru and Suelen

It seems that we won't see Mara and Monique this year anymore (finally), only in case of injuries. I guess Rosamaria and Fernanda Tomé will be fighting for the last spot. Ze is probably going to use them as OPP.

• saishuu, what do you think of tome? i only saw a little bit of her at the pan am cup. surprised that such a tall woman is used as a passing OH, like martinez. i don't know how i feel about her. at times, she was a good attacker, but i thought it was against weak opposition... she doesn't seem to jump very high. is she as tall as thaisa? maybe rosa is a better option. or edinara.

• saishuu, what do you think of tome? i only saw a little bit of her at the pan am cup. surprised that such a tall woman is used as a passing OH, like martinez. i don't know how i feel about her. at times, she was a good attacker, but i thought it was against weak opposition... she doesn't seem to jump very high. is she as tall as thaisa? maybe rosa is a better option. or edinara.

I want to root for Tomé, but I don't think she has what it takes for a WCH. She's 1.94m tall, but she lacks power in attack and her approach seems kinda odd sometimes. Her passing is actually decent for someone of her height, but I don't know.

Rosa's confidence is on the rocks and Edinara performed the worst of all OHs in the Pan Cup, so I think both still need time. Edinara wasn't called, which is understandable, but Rosa has a chance to go as back-up OPP I think.

• Tome got a slim chance from Ze because of her fighter attitude.

I'm not really sure if that's enough but she had moments in PanAm that I liked from her and she's unscouted.

I wish Amanda doesn't go to WCH and give chances for the younger players but Rosamaria's confidence is not swell. I think she'll get the last slot but barely.

Ze was a mess for not giving her a chance to play as starter in VNL to recover her swagger but he let Monique get her court time which did not even show any good results so that makes the two of them.:gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• about BRA: in the past, they tried out some other OH/OP, whatever happened to pri daroit, joycinha, suelle, ivna?

i guess ze doesn't like joycinha... maybe the others are not playing well. i remember them from 2015, when the team got split for the GP and the pan am games...

• I think an absolute opposite like Sheilla worked well for Brazil during her era. Either Natalia or Tandara could've been the heir of the throne but they persevered and are/were quite useful as OH especially Natalia for the national team.

Tandara as absolute opp of the present should kickstart the younger players' butt to working hard as an OH especially the talented girls.The only downside for this is unlike Sheilla, Tandara will have it difficult to rule the position for ten years considering her age which could mean trouble for the National Team if none of the younger OHs of this time becomes world class.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney