Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• In Amanda's case I really don't want to comment about it because she has proven that she's not NT material.

Ouach! That's harsh. I agree her reception is sometime shaky and her back row defense is weak. But I wouldn't say she's not a NT material.

• Ouach! That's harsh. I agree her reception is sometime shaky and her back row defense is weak. But I wouldn't say she's not a NT material.

You've just assumed her reception is shaky and her defense is bad also. Her attack is not good either. What is she good at then? :gone:

I do like Amanda, I am happy for her growth in the past two seasons playing is our Superliga, but she should not be starter in Brazil NT. It's quite different level that I am pretty sure she does not belong (at least yet).

• First bunch of players called for training aiming the WCH:

Roberta (S); Tandara (OPP); Adenízia, Carol and Bia (MBs), Gabi, Natália, Amanda, Drussyla and Rosamaria (OHs) and Gabiru (libero).
    Cut from the previous squad: Macris (S), Monique (OPP), Mara (MB)
    Absent due to injury: Suelen (libero)

Dani Lins will be the second setter and Thaísa the fourth MB. Second OPP and libero spot is open. There's a small chance we'll see some other players from the B squad playing PAC join the team: Maira (OH), Fernanda Tomé (OH), Tássia (L), Bruna Honório (OPP).

Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
    Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

• isnt libero Gabiru's defense as good as libero Suelen's ?
    btw..what about Camila Brait ? when will she return ? (or will she return ?)

Gabiru is a big question mark. She hasn't played properly in almost a year, when she suffered an ACL rupture playing as an OH in Brazilian league, so there's really no way to know how her game is.
    Brait has stated that she'll never return to the NT.

• Gabiru is a big question mark. She hasn't played properly in almost a year, when she suffered an ACL rupture playing as an OH in Brazilian league, so there's really no way to know how her game is.
    Brait has stated that she'll never return to the NT.

ok.thanks. i watched Bra vs Chi VNL a little and Gabiru's defense didnt look that good for a Brazilan libero

• ok.thanks. i watched Bra vs Chi a little and Gabiru's defense didnt look that good for a Brazilan libero

She usually has great defense, but I think it'll be a while until we know for sure. That game against China isn't indicative of anything really. She was just coming off a big recovery period and made her first game in the season right in a 3rd place match. It's okay that she performed poorly.

• Dont know if anyone wrote it yet, but Jaqueline retired from NT.

It is for her own sake. I mean, she is still able to play but let's not kid ourselves she is far from her hey day and with the new girls already catching up, it is a wise decision to leave.