Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• I think Rosamaria will be cut and we will see 5 OHs

I hope Ze doesn't pull this stunt. Brazil is an olympic quad late from changing its players. Amanda is just a redundancy with Fe Garay at this point and we're not even sure if Natalia can return to her previous form and as much as I don't like to use "old" but Amanda is 30 years old. I couldn't see any more improvement she can have at that age if there's anything she could offer to have space for Tokyo Olympics.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I hope Ze doesn't pull this stunt. Brazil is an olympic quad late from changing its players. Amanda is just a redundancy with Fe Garay at this point and we're not even sure if Natalia can return to her previous form and as much as I don't like to use "old" but Amanda is 30 years old. I couldn't see any more improvement she can have at that age if there's anything she could offer to have space for Tokyo Olympics.

She was the main OH during the entire VNL. The only one who hasn't benched this year. I do agree though that she is not essential to the team, but neither is Rosamaria.

• Tomorrow, brazil will start game 1 out of 4 friendly games against the reigning world champions, usa! However the cast if usa is without larson-burbach, akinradewo, hill, robinson.

Lets just hope and see there is a change in the atarting line up or that ze invents in their rotation. Fingers crossed!

Would like to see:

Fe garay

Tandara

Gabi

Roberta

Bia

Adenizia

Suellen

Im ok with dani as second setter and rosamaria as second opposite but if fernanda tome surprises it would be a pleasure.

Drussyla in the service reception along with amanda. Thaissa/carol in the front double mb rotation!

I would like to have fe garay as captain to make the team humble and dedicated as her.

• It looks like Minas doesn't want Natalia to take part to the WCH. I've read this in Bruno Voloch's blog

It sucks if she can`t play....I truly wish she was health and ready to play...but a player`s health should always come first and Minas is right in this case.

Last year Natalia played 6 friendly games....Mountreux....Grand Prix...South American Championship...Champions Cup....and look what happened...I blame this on Ze Roberto.... There were no need for her to play every single tournament of the summer...she should only have played Grand Prix and Champions Cup.

• I hope Natalia doesnt end up taking someone's spot and end up like London 2012, where she goes as a serving substitute. I think this would be a shame. It is clear she is not in any shape to play - I am not sure what is expected in a month??? Even in training she is not jumping. It's just being dragged on to be honest... I hope Minas does force Ze's hand, like Taubate did with Lucarelli so this charade is ended.

• agguerro, yes, i remember how natalia in london 2012 was sort of redundant, but then, who would ze have taken then? mari? i heard she was not in good shape then.

sort of like valeskinha in 2008, she was the 4th MB (out of 12 players), kind of a redundant player there, i don't even know how much she played in the tournament.

• agguerro, yes, i remember how natalia in london 2012 was sort of redundant, but then, who would ze have taken then? mari? i heard she was not in good shape then.

sort of like valeskinha in 2008, she was the 4th MB (out of 12 players), kind of a redundant player there, i don't even know how much she played in the tournament.

True.. In the end in London it didn't really make a difference - who would have predicted that Jacqueline would play like she did in that final! It isn't quite the same this time round though - but I guess you never know when a player is going to give a breakout performance - Gabi and Drussyla might have the tournament on their lives... Personally I think Guimares needs to focus on a type of play that works with the players he has - the quick pipe attack from Tandara and Natalia last year was a winning formula - sort of what USA have started doing to them now. He needs to get Drussyla, Gabi and Rosa training that play - its almost become redundant this year.

• Natalia did a great job in the match against China in the pool phase of London 2012. She was in the court during the entire tie break which was important for us, because we needed to win that match otherwise we would be out of the tournament.

Not all 12 or 14 players will be used often during a championship but sometimes we don't even realize their main contribution. This is the case of Adenizia in 2012 also. She barely entered the court but she was an important person during trainings and to keep the team's spirit up when things were going down the hill.

• a healthy Natalia could have helped Tandara a lot but seems she wont be able to be in her best shape in 2 months..if she cant give her best and show her %50 then Rosamaria should be added to the team for the approaching WCH in Japan,imo

Rosamaria could be the best third option amongs all the attackers (i think so at least)..i like Drussyla too..Gabi should focus more/most of the time on the dirty job like Lucia Bosetti...nice to see Thaisa is back ..maybe she is currently not better than any of Ade,Carol and Bia but as if her presence gives her setters a mental strength when she is on the couth

what about this lineup ?

Roberta or Dani Lins

Tandara

Garay - Drussyla/Rosamaria

Ade - Carol /Thaisa (if she is ready)

Gabiru (or even Gabi as libero ??? )

• Best lineup for me would be

Dani Lins/Tandara

Fe Garay/Drussyla (or Gabi)

Thaisa/Adenizia

Suelen

But some of these girls are still recovering from injuries

• Gabi looks more confident playing with Roberta. Of course they have been playing together since forever, but her plays apparently does not fit so well with Dani Lins' style. Brazil will need a lot of hard work to make a new team again. But i believe in this team, and when you guys talked about London, that olympic showed that Brazil know how to reinvent itself, so i think we can do an amazing job at world championship.

Do you guys know if Montreux will be televised?