Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• Do you guys know if Montreux will be televised?

Laola.tv seems to have the television franchise for Montreaux. They have shown all the competitions in the past. I am sure they will show it this year as well.

• Do you guys know if Montreux will be televised?

Sportv will broadcast, but I think only Brazilian matches and maybe semifinals and final

• No Roberta hasn’t lost her starting job. She has better connections with the hitters then Dani Lins and the team played better with her. Thaisa can hit of course but her side to side is slow.

Sorry but I disagree. Dani Lins is way more precise and has a better distribution. She can find the connection until WCH. I think Brazil played overall better with Dani, especially in the 3x2 match.

• I don't know, but Walewska and Valeskinha were not there as well.

I think Mari just doesn't care about her time in the NT anymore and she is still hurt by being cut in 2012. Walewska never participates in this kind of stuff, I think she doesn't like those press and media appearences. She wasn't at Fofão's farewell game also. And they are great friends.

• Brazil played better in the 3rd match because they served well and USA put out their worst receivers and defenders with Lowe as opposite. That's almost nothing to do with Dani Lins.

Hancock is also one of the best servers in USA. I like Carlini but she will not be in the world championship squad because of that.

Dani Lins faced an easier team than Roberta during the third game and the latter have to play with Carol who is arguably the worst MB attacker of Brazil in the third game and Bia who is in a very bad form for the fourth. Not fair comparison in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains ().

• I totally disagree. I think Dani gave the team another rhythm.

• Well i think mica hancock will be the second setter of usa. Her serves to brazil esp at amanda is just a show!!!

I just hope amanda will be cut! Honestly, ze’s insistence of ze during the entire wnl is just a massacre to drussyla and rosamaria who were making a name and potential to the new team.

Rosa maria is good! I hope her confidence increased!!! Especially after this friendly. Saw her game 2015 and she is awesome..

I just dont like anymore ze’s insistence to players she adored! Maybe true to some but not at all players! The setter in the 2015 under 23 championship game against turkey wasnt used. Lets give dani lins rest she was the main culorit of the 2016 upset to china.

Players who are playing good for brazil after the 2016 olympic disaster are tandara, adenizia, roberta, gabi. Gabi and adenizia not used, roberta and tandara being cut. Lol

Are they vindicated??? Yes they are.

I just hope fe garay and gabi will help tandara as natalia wont be an assurance to the team...

I hope that with the injuries of players ze would call and create a new team with better pass, winsome spike and better block reach. There’s milka, there’s edinara, but insists on players like amanda, dani lins, thaisa, gabiru. Haiiiiii

Im okay with suelen, fe garay, tandara, roberta, adenizia, gabi.... Drussyla and rosamaria!

• Brazil played better in the 3rd match because they served well and USA put out their worst receivers and defenders with Lowe as opposite. That's almost nothing to do with Dani Lins.

Hancock is also one of the best servers in USA. I like Carlini but she will not be in the world championship squad because of that.

Dani Lins faced an easier team than Roberta during the third game and the latter have to play with Carol who is arguably the worst MB attacker of Brazil in the third game and Bia who is in a very bad form for the fourth. Not fair comparison in my opinion.

i agree. The third game was a no brainer win for brazil but usa fought as a team. Dani lins was subbed in the fifth set. The 11-14 run is credited to precise sets of roberta to its oh and tandara!

• my take is put roberta as starting setter

Dani lins as second setter, making a point to her serve and to wuick sets to her middles

Tandara - roberta’s power play is a real threat to all power houses

Roberta’s sets to oh is better than dani as well. Well last vnl her sets is good but the spiker is amanda so its a no brainer..

starting blocker should be adenizia

Bia is good against serbia china and italy play

Carol is good at usa game only

Adenizia is good against serbia china italy

Thaisa is goot against russia italy serbia

Rosa maria good at turkey game, usa game

Drussyla good at serbia game

Gabi good at china game

Suelen and fe garay at the back will i think provides a better pass to brazil

• I think it was Thaisa who impressed me the most on the last game tbh. She had moments of brilliance both in attack and block (but she should forego using the slide IMO), she still has her serve and she can set and she can still improve going to WCH. What happened to Tandara? She was awful on this last match maybe she was pressured the other veterans were watching. Ze's mistake was letting Fernanda Tome in instead of Rosamaria as OH, I think that cost them the set and the match. I still can't make a conclusion who should be starter - Dani Lins or Roberta. Roberta's connection with Gabi really came into play on this last match. And sorry if I missed anything, but why was Fe Garay not playing in these friendlies?

• Thaísa is still a great team player. She has lots to improve still, but she's already shown she can do well. As for Tandara, might be a wrong impression from me, but she just looked like she didn't want to play any of these matches lol

Garay is being prepared for Montreux, that's why she didn't play the friendlies.

• I think we dont have any expert in slide attacks right now. Bia is the only one who has been constantly doing that for the past years but her connection with Roberta is really bad. I miss Fabiana, her slide attack was a killer. Maybe Thaisa can help us in that position.

• I think we dont have any expert in slide attacks right now. Bia is the only one who has been constantly doing that for the past years but her connection with Roberta is really bad. I miss Fabiana, her slide attack was a killer. Maybe Thaisa can help us in that position.

I don't think Thaisa is the answer.. she really struggles on the slide, similar to Rasic.. Adenizia has more potential in that element IMO