Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• As for Tandara, might be a wrong impression from me, but she just looked like she didn't want to play any of these matches lol

Tandara looks a little bit overweight too, but it can be related with her complacency :( i think this is unacceptable. Every player know, or should know, how important are this kind of match.

• Tandara looks a little bit overweight too, but it can be related with her complacency :( i think this is unacceptable. Every player know, or should know, how important are this kind of match.

It did kind of look like she was a bit slower and tired during these friendlies. Maybe fatigue or a hidden injury? She didn't look like the same Tandara that we know. Nothing important, but how come Tandara and Rosamaria don't follow each other on Instagram? Hope their isn't any drama between the players.

• I agree Brazil looked tired and disjointed but there have been injuries, pregnancies and players coming and going. But Brazil is Brazil and they always show up in the big tournaments. Yes Rio is not an example of that but I think the competition in Rio was exceptional good than in other years. It’s not so one side the last couple of years.

• It did kind of look like she was a bit slower and tired during these friendlies. Maybe fatigue or a hidden injury? She didn't look like the same Tandara that we know. Nothing important, but how come Tandara and Rosamaria don't follow each other on Instagram? Hope their isn't any drama between the players.

wow! the two of my best brazilian players???? how come???

• I agree Brazil looked tired and disjointed but there have been injuries, pregnancies and players coming and going. But Brazil is Brazil and they always show up in the big tournaments. Yes Rio is not an example of that but I think the competition in Rio was exceptional good than in other years. It’s not so one side the last couple of years.

Brazil lost by 15x13 in the tie break against the further Olympics champions.

• wow! the two of my best brazilian players???? how come???

There have always been a lot of drama in Brazilian NT. This wouldn't be the first time.

• yes, but also missing many key players.

what do you mean by further oly champions?

probably meant "future"?

• probably meant "future"?

yes I meant future, I didn't know which correct word to use.

What I was trying to say is that Brazil did not play bad in Rio 2016. Losing in the tie break by 15x13 to champions China with Zhu as MVP means that the match could have gone either way and that Brazil could have won the golden medal.

• yes I meant future, I didn't know which correct word to use.

What I was trying to say is that Brazil did not play bad in Rio 2016. Losing in the tie break by 15x13 to champions China with Zhu as MVP means that the match could have gone either way and that Brazil could have won the golden medal.

agreed. now that i look back at it, that match between china and brazil was the determinant factor of who is going home with the gold.

• I wish Roberta will be the starting setter right now. Dani Lins has good connection with Thaisa and that's it. Roberta has better distribution and her sets to both of the wings are incredible. I think both Roberta and Dani Lins have problem setting to the middles (except Dani-Thaisa). I would definitely bring Drussyla and Rosamaria. These 2 are the crucial ones to help the continuation for Brazil after Tokyo. Gabi-Rosamaria-Drussyla could be a good triangle if they are give the chance to develop more. As for now, I am aiming for Gabi-Garay-Tandara (since I don't think Natalia will be ready for the WCH).

• I really love Gabi but I can't see her at the international level needed to play in such an important tournament as the WCH. Maybe she can enter during one specific match and change things like she did before, but being in the starting six is too much for her IMO. She is good in all elements, kinda like a universal OH but we need more than what she delivers... I think Drussyla would be better if she recovers properly.

• I wish Roberta will be the starting setter right now. Dani Lins has good connection with Thaisa and that's it. Roberta has better distribution and her sets to both of the wings are incredible. I think both Roberta and Dani Lins have problem setting to the middles (except Dani-Thaisa). I would definitely bring Drussyla and Rosamaria. These 2 are the crucial ones to help the continuation for Brazil after Tokyo. Gabi-Rosamaria-Drussyla could be a good triangle if they are give the chance to develop more. As for now, I am aiming for Gabi-Garay-Tandara (since I don't think Natalia will be ready for the WCH).

I definitely agree! Last match i sW robert setting to thAisa and there were slum dunks!!!!

• I really love Gabi but I can't see her at the international level needed to play in such an important tournament as the WCH. Maybe she can enter during one specific match and change things like she did before, but being in the starting six is too much for her IMO. She is good in all elements, kinda like a universal OH but we need more than what she delivers... I think Drussyla would be better if she recovers properly.

i like drussyla and rosamaria! Awesome plays from 2015 championship

Agreed. She is at least good overall, but I guess she needs to improve her reception and defense in order to have a spot as starter in Brazil NT. She is a good attacker, but not as good as Tandara, Natália, Drussyla and others... I guess she should try to play similar to Jaque's style in NT (when she was in her best days) and try to become a reliable receiver, and then I think she will be able to help Brazil even more than Jaque once did.

• I thought Gabi is better than Drussyla. Her reception could be a mess in the friendlies because she had to cover both Gabiru and Rosamaria or Amanda.

I also love her pipe attack. She can adjust to any setting mistakes which is good for Brazil's playing style.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Agreed. She is at least good overall, but I guess she needs to improve her reception and defense in order to have a spot as starter in Brazil NT. She is a good attacker, but not as good as Tandara, Natália, Drussyla and others... I guess she should try to play similar to Jaque's style in NT (when she was in her best days) and try to become a reliable receiver, and then I think she will be able to help Brazil even more than Jaque once did.

Are you kidding? Gabi already has a very good reception and defense, she can easily play as a libero. I don't see Drussyla comparable to Gabi's level at all

• I thought Gabi is better than Drussyla. Her reception could be a mess in the friendlies because she had to cover both Gabiru and Rosamaria or Amanda.

I also love her pipe attack. She can adjust to any setting mistakes which is good for Brazil's playing style.

I un-bolded the word 'any', but that's what I notice about Gabi. And she's badass.