Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• Are you kidding? Gabi already has a very good reception and defense, she can easily play as a libero. I don't see Drussyla comparable to Gabi's level at all

She is good overall, but she is not excellent or stable as Jaque used to be. Have you seen her performance both in reception and defense in the games against the US? She was not even good tbh.

When I mean she has to be excellent is because Brazil have been playing in the past two years with Natalia as starter, and she is a weak receiver, hence Gabi swas not enough to cover her in many matches.

Finally, I guess that Gabi can play as libero if someone is injured or something, she won't be worse than Gabiru IMO, but I am pretty sure that she is not good enough to play constantly in this position.

• Agreed. She is at least good overall, but I guess she needs to improve her reception and defense in order to have a spot as starter in Brazil NT. She is a good attacker, but not as good as Tandara, Natália, Drussyla and others... I guess she should try to play similar to Jaque's style in NT (when she was in her best days) and try to become a reliable receiver, and then I think she will be able to help Brazil even more than Jaque once did.

but compare to Drussyla and Natalia, Gabi has the best receiving and floor defense (Drussyla might have better defense because of her beach volleyball days).

• yes, but also missing many key players.

what do you mean by further oly champions?

oh, i thought you meant the recent US x BRA friendlies... that's why i said they (the US) were missing many key players.

i have not been able yet to watch rio matches (thanks, fivb), but yes, it is too bad that CHN finished 4th in pool play (and maybe that means they should have been eliminated) and it is sad that CHN x BRA met in the quarters...

• I prefer a player with a so-so backrow skills but better attacking skills like Drussyla, that's why I would choose her over Gabi.

• I prefer a player with a so-so backrow skills but better attacking skills like Drussyla, that's why I would choose her over Gabi.

i definitely agree. Gabi can play the role of amanda in the reception area and can spike in the back row!!!

• Bia and Tandara have small injuries and will miss Montreux. They will have only a little time to recover until WCH...

• well naiane is out duw to a knee injury. Juma has been called in nt but has always been cut in the final rooster.

Roberta is ok.

Dani lins is still there. Sigh..

Natalia is still not jumping but will play for wch!!!

Fe garay i hope her prime still doesnt past.

Rosamaria might be moved to opposite slot or be cut!!

Amanda playing hard for brazil...

Drusssyla coming from an injury!!!

Mari has not been called..

Thaissa is levelling up but is still playing below her game.

Bia had a shoulder sprain while blocking tetori dixon!

Milka has just been called but isnt playing.. In nt! No opportunity!

Mara is just out! Mayany is even better at her in clubs!

Tandara also had shoulder injury.

Bruna hasnot been called

Fernanda tome is called as opposite when she should be in the pass!!!

Libero is suelen. Gabiru is ok but not with the level of suelen. Even camila brait is not good as she is just coming from pregnancy.

Well we have so many claims about who must be going and who must not but we must be not put it as a pressure, brazil is brazil. They had a great game, actually was very commanding presence before the semis game between turkey and the third place game with china!

The issue for brazil is the how to handle the strong opponent serves, the connection of the setter to middle blockers, and how to counter counter when amanda is in the front row! Brazil has an excellent back row attacks and blocking skills for me, actually the best in the world!

• Garay is back!

Roberta as starting setter. Dani in the back up.

Adenizia, carol and thaisa in the middle (though bia is not having a good nt season, she is the current no. 2)

Natalia is spared but will travel.

Gabi and drussyla in the wing area.

Suelen as liberoZ im ok with this. Gabiru is fine but i prefer natalia aurajo!!!

• Brazil won its first game in montreux! Thaissa ang carol are blocking machines along with rosamaria!!! 15 blocks

Gabi - 18 points

Rosa 16 points

Garay 8

Drussyla - 9

Thaissa- 9

Carol -9

Second set inversions, roberta made a difference along with drussyla.

Suelen is still at it...

• anyone has links for the Russia VS Brasil match? it seems like a good match

i dont have the link. But aff tv volei has it in youtube or in fb!

Gosh drussyla and garay! Rosamaria in the opposite. Thaisa is working it well

• Dani Lins still can have her starting spot, but Roberta seems to have better connection to the players since she is playing with Carol, Drussyla, and Gabi on club level.

I definitely agree. Dani lins was the reason poland was able to snatch a lead to brazile in the fourth set. She was replaced by roberta but sadly gabi’s level dropped significantly after her injury. Yes she is a very stable passer but when it comes to spike, she seems a bit off, wrong timing, spikes to the net. Gone are the days when she will kills balls in fast pace.

About garay, she plays two sets per game as instructed by ze. Ze doesnt want to down play all her cards come wch 2018.

I was a little sure when natalia is used as a serving substitute as compared to amanda so amanda can get away with the selection.. however, rosamaria’s play isnt what we supposed to watch earlier. But this is just day 2 of the competition, i have a feeling she or amanda will be cut.

As of the moment, im ok with dani as starting setter, roberta in the inversion. Roberta makes wonders in the inversions

Tandara will be ok come wch, rosamaria as opposite reserve

Fe garay no. 1, no. 2 is drussyla damn this girl has huge potential, gabi in the back line reception, then natalia who is still a questionmark

Im ok with brazil rooster of middle blockers. The trio plus thaissa are the best in the world with thaisa just 35% of her current form. Bia will be ok come wch, carol is super fast in blocking but needs to work in attack to get the starting spot. Thaisa’s block and serve is okayish. Her spikes is something she needs to improve!

Libero is suellen. Gabiru nvm!

• Suellan for sure, Gabi can fill in if needed but as one of the 4 OH. since I don’t see her as the prime hitter with Drussyla, Fe and Natalie. Tandara of course. you need Rosemarie as the 2nd OPP for the double sub. Roberta should get the start. She’s much better than Dani Lins. I’m over Thaisa. I’m sorry. She can’t move from side to side and her hitting isn’t there. So Carol, Adzenia, and Bia.

• Suellan for sure, Gabi can fill in if needed but as one of the 4 OH. since I don’t see her as the prime hitter with Drussyla, Fe and Natalie. Tandara of course. you need Rosemarie as the 2nd OPP for the double sub. Roberta should get the start. She’s much better than Dani Lins. I’m over Thaisa. I’m sorry. She can’t move from side to side and her hitting isn’t there. So Carol, Adzenia, and Bia.

i agree. Speed is number one

• Thaisa's movement may be a bit slow, but what she has that Carol and Bia don't have is all those years of experience and I think that coach ze isn't going to let her go just yet.