Brazilian NT 2018 - who deserves the spot?

• And what was the reason for Hooker's late arrival? It happened last year too

• And what was the reason for Hooker's late arrival? It happened last year too

It happed in 2016 too, and it also happened on her first year in Brazil (2011). I don't know why she does that, and why the clubs still accept that. Last time it was a probably with a hurricane that supposedly made her passport go missing...this time it's something about her kids' visa...But wel...

• It happed in 2016 too, and it also happened on her first year in Brazil (2011). I don't know why she does that, and why the clubs still accept that. Last time it was a probably with a hurricane that supposedly made her passport go missing...this time it's something about her kids' visa...But wel...

In her first season playing for Minas she was hired and came later than expected, but ok, she didn't had her visa and stuff. But in her second season, same story. I guess the clubs are aware of such situation but they prefer to sign with her because she is a good player, not quite expensive, and good for marketing stuff, because people in Brazil still think she is the same from 2012.

• this season of Superliga will be very important for next year's NT. hopefully there will be new faces and all the previous talents step up to the plate. Coach Ze really needs to keep an open mind. speaking of which, why is he insist on having Skoworownska in Barueri God knows why. her witch-plus-damaged bee hive hairstyle is not helping either.

• this season of Superliga will be very important for next year's NT. hopefully there will be new faces and all the previous talents step up to the plate. Coach Ze really needs to keep an open mind. speaking of which, why is he insist on having Skoworownska in Barueri God knows why. her witch-plus-damaged bee hive hairstyle is not helping either.

I watched their broadcasted games, and Kasia was good. She started rather slow against Osasco, but found her rhythm and did a nice job. Of course she jump much less than she used to, and doesn't hit as hard, but I think she's doing a good job

• For the sake of Brazilian NT, Lorenne.. but will be Hooker, she won't accept any less than that.

This time we will see if claudinha will set to hooker more or not. Knowing claudinha she and roberta sets everywhere mb outside hitter and opposite. In nt roberta sets to opp more since tandara is in the back line. Whereas dani lins, sets more to mb and oh with fe garay in front.

• Tandara got injuried in a Chinese super league match yesterday. When she finished blocking, she stamped on another player's feet, which got her left ankle twisted. The photo looks scary. Wish her all the best and recover soon.

• I think she said she'll undergo exams to see if there are any torn ligaments. If that's not the case, I expect her to return in a couple of weeks (ankle twists take 2~3 weeks to recover from).

• It looks really bad but do we have an update on her?

It's said X-rays have confirmed that Tandara has not broken the bones, but she needs to do a MRI to check her ligament. After the initial evaluation, the doctor said Tandara may need to rest for about 2 months.

• i don't follow braz. league much but i thought thaisinha was very impressive in a recent match. is she considered too short for the NT?

She's only 1.74m. She's a phenomenal spiker, but a horrible receiver. I don't think we'll ever see her in the NT due to her height.

• i'd think somebody that short should be a very good receiver/defender... like lucia b.

Yeah, I'd think so too, but she's the exact opposite of Lucia. Thaisinha would be an even bigger threat in Brazilian league if she could improve her reception. While she's a great attacker, once she gets bombarded from the service line and eventually starts making mistakes, she often gets in her head and mentally checks out from the game.