2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Didn't expect Korea to win. Specially with that huge lead! :white:

• Wow! Congrats KOR! Genuinely happy for KYK. Its definitely not easy to win 3-0 against CHN based on the last 2 games of both teams. Services and floor defense spelt the big difference. Even at the net, CHN was outplayed.

This league starts to get interestinfg. Unpredictable indeed. POL, TUR now KOR surprised us with that big win! What’s next???

• The star for me is the 2nd OH of KOR. Her digs and attacks. She’s pretty small going head-to-head with CHN blockers. But her efficiency is high. Those down-the-line hits, off-the-blocks and in-between blockers. Girl has some balls! She’s a mental and smart player. Kudos to her. She’s the one who ended most of the long rallies.

• China's problem was the same problem USA had earlier, which is their receiving. Great to see some help from KYK's teammates specially Lee Jaeyoung.

Yes. Even if zhuting and zhang changning come back, china Nt team will aslo meet this problem. When they meet strong serving and blocking team like serbia, the situation will be even worse. For my point of view, It is a precious lesson for these young players,especially Yingying Li. :teach:

• Chinese passing was horrible, which led to the complete collapse of the game. Neither Ding Xia nor Yao Di had much to work with. They were running all over the court just to keep the ball in play.

Honestly I never saw Lee Jaeyoung playing so well before. She is quite short for an outside hitter but she was very skilful at finding the gaps and aiming for a touch outs.
    Good lesson for the Chinese youngsters.

Li Yingying obviously needs to improve her passing.
    Wang Yuanyuan needs to move faster and improve her judgement with her blocking.

Zhu Ting and Zhang Changning are missed more than ever lol

• I am fan of zhuting. but I have to say Zhuting's receiving is also not good in 2013 world grand prix~~~ Yingying Li will also experience this suffering period~~~ receiving collapsing :lol:

• OMG. Tbh I think Zhu Ting’s presence covers some problems of the Chinese NT, like they rely less on reception bcz Zhu Ting can kill the ball anyway. But when Zhu is not on court, the importance of reception increases sharply. Otherwise, they can’t run the middle and their Wing spikers can’t handle the bad sets. Just like today’s performance.

However win/lose is not much cared by the Chinese NT and coaches imo. You know, China is the host of finals. They qualify anyway. Jenny Lang Ping always want to give her players some challenges and see how they deal with the pressure in some relatively unimportant games, obviously this match is one of those. Winning of course is great, but loss might not be bad. I just love the dare-to-lose attitude from Jenny.

• OMG. Tbh I think Zhu Ting’s presence covers some problems of the Chinese NT, like they rely less on reception bcz Zhu Ting can kill the ball anyway. But when Zhu is not on court, the importance of reception increases sharply. Otherwise, they can’t run the middle and their Wing spikers can’t handle the bad sets. Just like today’s performance.

However win/lose is not much cared by the Chinese NT and coaches imo. You know, China is the host of finals. They qualify anyway. Jenny Lang Ping always want to give her players some challenges and see how they deal with the pressure in some relatively unimportant games, obviously this match is one of those. Winning of course is great, but loss might not be bad. I just love the dare-to-lose attitude from Jenny.

Well,there is another interesting thing. Vakifbank also has the same problem as China NT! :teach:

• I am fan of zhuting. but I have to say Zhuting's receiving is also not good in 2013 world grand prix~~~ Yingying Li will also experience this suffering period~~~ receiving collapsing :lol:

Yup, zhu’s reception is not that good in 2013 gp but she somehow managed to kill the ball and score score score. Yingying didn’t today. Never mind. Take this a lesson and train more. Best wishes to team China.

• Quoted from "Lou"

OMG. Tbh I think Zhu Ting’s presence covers some problems of the Chinese NT, like they rely less on reception bcz Zhu Ting can kill the ball anyway. But when Zhu is not on court, the importance of reception increases sharply. Otherwise, they can’t run the middle and their Wing spikers can’t handle the bad sets. Just like today’s performance.

Well,there is another interesting thing. Vakifbank also has the same problem as China NT!

Exactly! This is the so-called zhuting’s side effect. :lol: :lol: