2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• After the two first days, still early in a competition of 15 match days, it seems, that both Italy and USA have serious issues. Turkey did well, China and Serbia are continuing to dominate it seems. Russia will be tested by Netherlands today...

• Shocking win by the TUR over the Rio Bronze Medallist, similar to the GER huge upset win over the host, BRA, broke the 16-year continuous defeats ... I hope this loss won't affect the Karch's long stay prospect with the team :D

Hopefully a downloadable HQ full replay of this match will be made available soon :P

Meanwhile here's TUR vs ITA at 720P (sorry if already posted earlier): https://youtu.be/36Mj89fZcdc -- some other more there, mixed with the ignorable 240p(!)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Shocking win by the TUR over the Rio Bronze Medallist, similar to the GER huge upset win over the host, BRA, broke the 16-year continuous defeats ... I hope this loss won't affect the Karch's long stay prospect with the team :D

Hopefully a downloadable HQ full replay of this match will be made available soon :P

Meanwhile here's TUR vs ITA at 720P (sorry if already posted earlier): https://youtu.be/36Mj89fZcdc -- some other more there, mixed with the ignorable 240p(!)

I hope it does. :wavy:

#byekarch

• One thing I will say about USA, I can almost smell the racism of Karch Kiraly tbh. He has been cutting out black players slowly over the years removing even the best and only Opp USA had. He has cut some others out. And now he only uses black MBs which imho I can see him cut that out as well in a few years :down: seems he enjoys his murrica team white-only

Baseless accussations considering he still has a diverse lineup with Wong-Orantes and Dixon.

He prefers left handed opposites for his system that's why both Hooker and Fawcett are out. I don't necessarily agree with his philosophy but that's his style that won him the world championship and a world grand prix. I also don't find Hooker very efficient anymore and even in Minas we saw signs of chemistry being lost within the team. He probably likes it that way because left handed opposites are very good in fast systems.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Big congrats to Turkey :flower: Zehra did very good job :obey: Cansu-Gamze good duo.Meryem is doing very good job.Ebrar hit some good spikes but also made lof of mistakes.She is so young, i hope she will improve.Our reception should be better.

• After the two first days, still early in a competition of 15 match days, it seems, that both Italy and USA have serious issues. Turkey did well, China and Serbia are continuing to dominate it seems. Russia will be tested by Netherlands today...

It is not the best roster of italy. I agree usa has serious issues when everybody else gets faster and has good serving! Moreover, USA has no strong opposite or OH can kill ball out-of-system~~~ :cheesy:

China and Serbia will compete for the champion this whole year. :teach:

• Zehra did a really good job. She acted like an expericed player to me. and I'd like to see Ebrar getting more playing time, she is so fun to watch. USA's fast system is still working, but they need to bring in some powerful MBs to easy the burden on OH.

• It is not the best roster of italy. I agree usa has serious issues when everybody else gets faster and has good serving! Moreover, USA has no strong opposite or OH can kill ball out-of-system~~~ :cheesy:

China and Serbia will compete for the champion this whole year. :teach:

With a good setter like Glass, USA could be a much better team. Hill, Larson and Robinson heavily rely on a good setter. You can see how well Hill played with Wolosz in CL.
    If Alisha Glass returns next year, USA will still be a very competitive team.

• Congrats to Coach Guidetti and his team!
    i went to bed after first set bcz it was too late :D

i watched the full highlights....winning the tie break against the Usa was important.not easy to win a tie-break playing them normally .i hope it helps the young players improve their self-confidence on the court
    Congrats to Zehra Güneş for the good perf.i hope she keeps playing well/improving
    on Kelsey..i guess she will be better match by match bcz she didnt have much playing time last season.she will be better next season as she is supposed to be a starter in Vakıf after Gözde

• With a good setter like Glass, USA could be a much better team. Hill, Larson and Robinson heavily rely on a good setter. You can see how well Hill played with Wolosz in CL.
    If Alisha Glass returns next year, USA will still be a very competitive team.

Glass is an important setter but dont underrate Lloyd who is also a solid setter

• Glass retired. She won't come back and even if she wants to... I don't think she'll make it to Tokyo. Her physical condition was not the best since a long time ago and she said she wanted to have a normal life and start a family with his bf/husband.

Lloyd is not exactly a poor setter. USA's system is just harder to replicate.

You also have players like Larson who are on their way to passing their prime. It's not as easy as you think. I have doubts Glass could make her better than Lloyd. I still prefer Lloyd. Much better physically and could be with Team USA for a longer time. I just feel that she needs more time as Glass did for USA.

You may not know it but Glass was put under a microscope when she began to become the titular after Berg retired.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• I think USA have some issues with coach, after Marrison's arrival to Netherlands, USA NT have tactic issues. I don't think Alisha was better than Lloyd. USA NT have problem with their OPP but issue can be solved if they find a new coach. Karch himself made team worse :whistle: