2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• DR played pretty well in second set.in that set they did everything well.served,defended and attacked well.in the fourt set Turkey served really well and they surrendered.if they keep playing like in
    the second set they can be a better team in the future.

some interesting matches in the schedule of tomorrow :

Germany - Russia : a match in-between
    Poland - Thailand : could be a tough match.Thailand seems slightly fav.its up to Polish players to solve and resist Thai style of game

• btw..how do they calculate best digger ? Suelen Pinto has had 51 digs out of total 80 attempts..Simge has had 49 digs out of 64 total attempts..Pinto's average per set is better than Simge..there is also that "receptions" part ..i guess Simge should have played less matches than Pinto ..so does Simge's average per set have to better than Suelen's..or im confused ?

• Q) - Why doesn't bad-ass 18 yr/old #3 on Belgium have to play the "youngster with potential" card that 20 yr/old Japanese player Ai Kurogo does?

A) - Because she is bad-ass.

Really enjoyed Britt Herbots today (even though her team lost)

• Ilchenko (Parubets) has improved so much especially in attack. The starting position next to Kosheleva is almost fix for her.

i think her passing is shaky...so is Voronkova's..we know Kosheleva's passing...thir trio is good at attacking but passing is really a problem..remember Voronkova's passing in Turkey match in the last ECH

• btw..how do they calculate best digger ? Suelen Pinto has had 51 digs out of total 80 attempts..Simge has had 49 digs out of 64 total attempts..Pinto's average per set is better than Simge..there is also that "receptions" part ..i guess Simge should have played less matches than Pinto ..so does Simge's average per set have to better than Suelen's..or im confused ?

It's total digs divided by total sets played by the whole team. 51/19 for Suelen and 49/19 for Simge. A little misleading because a player does not play in all sets. It's the same for blocks and other set ratio stats.

• Agreed. Britt Berbots is only 1.82cm .....basically same height as Kurogo 1.80cm.

Drussyla is only 1.82cm as well... Gabi is only 1.80cm.....but the Japanese are just sooooooooooooooooooooo physically weak.

Q) - Why doesn't bad-ass 18 yr/old #3 on Belgium have to play the "youngster with potential" card that 20 yr/old Japanese player Ai Kurogo does?

A) - Because she is bad-ass.

Really enjoyed Britt Herbots today (even though her team lost)

• pope :D

We'll go round and round on this forever. BAD-ASS, in my book, is ATTITUDE

• so you will like Ebrar Karakurt

• I really like this Polish team, Smarzek is a beast, it's so fun to watch her play and I sincerely hope she keeps improving and the news that she's going to play for Bergamo is true. I like the new setter, she's obviously not delivering miracle sets but is decent and makes good decisions.

Efimienko so far has been a positive surprise, I never knew she was this good at slide attacks. Kakolewska also needs to play abroad, finding a good and tall MB these days is very hard and she's relatively young, I don't see anything that stops her. I remember who said that but calling her as Polish Thaisa wouldn't be a bad idea for now.

This trio (Medzryk-Grajber-Smarzek) reminds me of Werblinska-Rosner-Skowronska trio back then in terms of their role, though Natalia's float serves look way too smooth whereas Werblinska screwing everyone with her jump serves back then. Dang, I miss old Polish team :heart:

Witkowska is doing all the dirty jobs along with Grajber on the back-row, she's really good and I actually think she's one of the best liberos in EU.

• Today I have one of the rare opportunities to watch live a match on sportdeutschland.tv of German NT vs. Russian NT. It is hard to tell, what to expect, despite the Russians are favourite as all the time, this is not that clear as mostly I think.

• Well done by Germany in first set, playing bravely, serving and playing well overall. If they can keep up the good work, they might have a chance today. Especially Lena Stigrot attacked well, she is used even occasionally playing opposite and to take responsibility. Overall, it is never easy for them to play Russia, a team, against them they lose nearly all the time with a truely mighty block...

• Germany took first set. what about Stigrot's passing generally ? she can/try to attack at least..she should play instead of Geerties at times

btw..eveybody calls some local player as local Thaisa ..someone said that for Zehra now for Kakolewska :rolll:
    who can be next Thaisa ? Jiniery or? :D

• This trio (Medzryk-Grajber-Smarzek) reminds me of Werblinska-Rosner-Skowronska trio back then in terms of their role, though Natalia's float serves look way too smooth whereas Werblinska screwing everyone with her jump serves back then.

when did Polish NT play with Werblinska, Rosner, Skowronska trio? any paricular tournament you recall?

• The story of the second set was simply, that Russia had the better start and transported it as top team to the end, leveling the sets. Anyway, still good play by Germany overall, with a better start in third they have still their chances I think.