2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• I sort of fear Italy #17 more than Egonu

• I remember liking Italy libero last year. Is this the same one. That was some hustle play

Yes, it’s the same one. Monica De Gennaro is probably Europe’s best libero.

• I know Japan are quite strong maybe much stronger than Turkey. But Egonu had height. She should have hit smarter than that.

How can you make a correlation between height and being smart? :what: And it is indeed not about intelligence, it is just lack of good fundamental techniques. Since she is very athletic, she never had the pressure to work on her technique in junior level but clearly it doesn't work well against good defender teams. This was her first match with the team this summer, she will for sure improve in upcoming matches

• I don’t really consider Egonu that athletic. at least not like that youngster on Belgium. I don’t see it on defense or backcourt attacking.

• This is the first time I've ever seen Kurogo sweat

• Holy cow. Kurogo is hitting some smart shots. You go girl

• Tie-Break! What a set point. Good rallies in this game.

• Italy is an error machine

• Kotoe seems to have recovered from whatever was ailing her. Great to see her back. She's killing it with her digs!

• OMG the stream just died at 14-11 for me

• I don’t really consider Egonu that athletic. at least not like that youngster on Belgium. I don’t see it on defense or backcourt attacking.

She's not athletic in defence, but few can match her explosive jumping and power.