2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Do you think setter Roberta should have given more balls to Drussyla and Amanda against a team playing without KYK ?
    good game by Tandara!
    seems Korean Jeongah Park had agood match

the most striking result was DR's beating Thailand at their home-court in 3 sets

some interesting matches on the schedule of tomorrow :

China - Japan : lets see if Japanese coach will start with Kurogo against China and if Ting Zhu will play against Japan ?
    Turkey - Russia : OHs should help Meryem more tomorrow.Russia has a better block so it wont be easy for Meryem to score as she did today. a stable good game is needed plus good serves.
    Thailand - Germany could be more interesting than it appears to

• making rebound is also important rather than solid blocks
    Kübra is rumored to have told GUidetti that either Zehra or me..goodbye Gui..i miss you..two drops of tears..."
    im kidding :D ..Kübra was said to have been given some rest by Gui

:rolll: good choice by Guidetti, she needed that rest after 2 full weeks on the bench. She must have been sOo tired... :P

In all honesty: I'm not missing her

• China - Japan : lets see if Japanese coach will start with Kurogo against China and if Ting Zhu will play against Japan ?

Play your B team against Japan at your peril. Serbia and Russia tried that last year and paid the price :white:

I wish I could read Japanese and know where to look for gossip and find out the skinny on Koga. Two full games on the bench after her, uhh ... you can call it an error or a mistake. I think it's more egregious than that.

• Now roberta sets to her middles and your saying.. he should have set to the outside hitters... common the game is precise!

• Now roberta sets to her middles and your saying.. he should have set to the outside hitters... common the game is precise!

or maybe you dont like me ..lol
    i thought Korean team without KYK wasnt a real threat to Brazil so Roberto could have done better than setting 54 balls to Tandara then 18 to Amanda...however,18 balls to Bia is good..mine is just an opinion no need to be angry at..i didnt watch the match you could be right..sometimes setters feel that way and that is correct..btw..i dont think i leave many comments on Roberta here ..so how did you infer that i didnt like her and Tandara ?( :gone:

• Do you think setter Roberta should have given more balls to Drussyla and Amanda against a team playing without KYK ?
    good game by Tandara!

Now roberta sets to her middles and your saying.. he should have set to the outside hitters... common the game is precise!

I think you may be misunderstanding Canter. He was responding to a comment I made earlier that in this match Tandara was too overloaded. I just felt that given we are in week 3, and the Brazilian outside attack in my opinion needs more work, this could have been a good opportunity to give more responsibility to them. I remember last year during WGP in the really rounds Brazil had good use of outside and the pipe attack - at the moment it just seems none existent. It was evident in that 3rd set when Tandara was under so much pressure and she made a few mistakes, because she was really overloaded. I watched a lot of matches in the Brazilian league where Tandara had to almost do everything and in the end she got burned out. Tandara is too important and its a long season, and there isn't really another opposite of that level. IT was really good that the middles were used though - I think Ade and Roberta still need more work on connection.

But also, Guimares, s a good coach, I am sure he knows exactly what he is doing..

• Gabi is playing the first set in each match. She is still recovering from her injury and there is no need to rush things right now. She will be more important during the WCH

• what about OH Gabi's situation..is she undergoing an injury ? ..why isnt she playing ? Amanda is better than her currently ?

And regarding rosamaria she is the third opposite.. in time she will be a back up come 2020 but ze really needs monique in the back row

• I think you may be misunderstanding Canter. He was responding to a comment I made earlier that in this match Tandara was too overloaded. I just felt that given we are in week 3, and the Brazilian outside attack in my opinion needs more work, this could have been a good opportunity to give more responsibility to them. I remember last year during WGP in the really rounds Brazil had good use of outside and the pipe attack - at the moment it just seems none existent. It was evident in that 3rd set when Tandara was under so much pressure and she made a few mistakes, because she was really overloaded. I watched a lot of matches in the Brazilian league where Tandara had to almost do everything and in the end she got burned out. Tandara is too important and its a long season, and there isn't really another opposite of that level. IT was really good that the middles were used though - I think Ade and Roberta still need more work on connection.

But also, Guimares, s a good coach, I am sure he knows exactly what he is doing..

That’s correct... tandara made a 9-1 run against praia in the semis but was overtaken by 10-9 by praia...
    Also the third set win of turkey against brazil was because of a bump spike by tandara and yesterday it was also a bump set that made korea win...

I am not angry with u canter. Its just that people are clamoring to rberta all the time. Give her time and you will see... those sets are awesome... its up to the oh/mb/opposite to do the scoring.. i am not saying only bia and tandara are effective.. that really depends on the game...

Ade wasnt used in the game vs germany but she managed to top along with bia the tournament in terms of blcoking.. cmmon this is a competition.. these athletes must fill us with brilliant ideas to watch...

I hope you understand my point..

• 14 points for Boskovic in first set...that's just ridiculous! :lol: :white:

And I'm not sure about %, but I think it was at least 50% in that period!

• And I'm not sure about %, but I think it was at least 50% in that period!

I actually think it was way higher, from what I remember, there were only 1 or 2 hits she didn't kill. It was kinda ridiculous. She was basically playing all on her own.
    The other two sets were more of a team effort, but still the match was a mess. Especially in the 2nd set when Serbia had huge problems in reception and Russia had huge problems on serve - so basically every serve by the Russians was either an ace or an error.
    Brankica looked visibly exhausted. It was good she was taken out and Milenković as her replacement did well.
    At this point I'm even curious to see how Živković will perform because Antonijević is hardly setting the world alight with her play at the moment.

• I actually think it was way higher, from what I remember, there were only 1 or 2 hits she didn't kill. It was kinda ridiculous. She was basically playing all on her own.
    The other two sets were more of a team effort, but still the match was a mess. Especially in the 2nd set when Serbia had huge problems in reception and Russia had huge problems on serve - so basically every serve by the Russians was either an ace or an error.
    Brankica looked visibly exhausted. It was good she was taken out and Milenković as her replacement did well.
    At this point I'm even curious to see how Živković will perform because Antonijević is hardly setting the world alight with her play at the moment.

I just watched the replay, and it was 10-12 in that first set for Tijana! 83%! :white: :cheesy:

• Thailand's great play from last week has simply evaporated. :gone: Their attacks are just so impotent and their defensive work is not up to par. They did manage to somehow snatch the 3rd set, but it was far from convicning.
    Honestly, the biggest reason to watch Germany's matches is to ogle at Felix the Beautiful :mirror: