2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• China have completely shut down Zhu Ting.. China have no answer at all. Italy playing with so much energy

• you know better than me ..so can you tell me what makes Adenizia and Bia better than Carol ?
    i feel Carol just needs some more credit by her setters and coach

the advantage of bia between the two is that she can play all a-c sets, blocks intelligently! With drive
    On the other hand, adenizia being the third mb in the glorious season of brazil was the mvp during her juvenile year.. she has rhythm in everything but was downplayed by thaisa in spike reach and height... the rest was history...

Carol on the other hand was the promise of brazil dueing 2014 -2015 season when bia decided/asked dispensation... her shoulder injury in 2016 made it difficult for her to shine however even at 1.83 her spike reach and block is still awesome.. blocking eguno and yan ni last grand prix..

So there but since this is a long competition, either of the mbs will be used! :’) truly the renovation for the mbs in brazil is something every team is to be envious as past mb’s can outshine present mb’s if they are not motivated. Hahahahahaha

• This Chinese mb Hu is very good,she has a fast slide

Langping uses this chance to practise its potential back-up players. Italy's defense is very good. I think italy has bigger chance to win with this roster. :lol: Only folie is missing I suppose considering the roster of wch.

btw: the start lineup of china:Zhang changning, Yuan yinyue and Zeng chunlei are still resting~~~ :teach:

• I'm waiting for Yuan Xin-yue and Zeng Chun-lei.
    Of course, and Zhang Chang-ning

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Still the Italian team did a great job in defending Zhu Ting. I was amazed that they were always in the right place to dig her spikes.
    How did they do it? it was rare to see a frustrated Queen Zhu.

• Who will be your ideal starting 6? We have Koga and Ishii on the outside with Kurogo and Shinnabe and Nagaoka and Horikawa on the opposite. It's tough to choose but I will go with Koga-Ishii-Nagaoka trio although I really want Shinnabe there to stabilize the passing and strengthen the defence.

It's tough call for a number of reasons: I haven't seen Nagaoka play in over a year. Her injury could be career ending for all we may come to find out.

The Hisamitsu girls play better with one another. Yuki is better without Koga on the floor.

Koga plays better with Nabeya than with Yuki.

I don't like Uchiseto but she has been the most stable receiver--along with Risa.

I'd go with :
    Koga/Nabeya, (Nabeya is a good receiver as well and watching the V.League she strikes me as the most improved and improving of the stars) Alternate Yuki as needed.
    I'd start Risa at opposite (she is a vastly underrated hitter from that side) and switch her with Horikawa for short bursts (second set maybe). Horikawa can beast it but for only short periods.

Okumura/Iwasaka and Kitoe. It appears to me that Kitoe's injury (or whatever) has subsided. She is back up to speed. Happy!

I'm still not won over by Korogo. She played great in the first half of V.League. I think she needs to be coddled. That doesn't make for a good someone you can rely on.

I think if Nakada would have given Koga's starting spot to Arisa Inoue, she would have performed just as well as Kurogo has done--which hasn't really been that good if you watch her.

I don't know what has happened to Yuki.

• I think Li Yingying was not bad at all today, but Lang Ping took her out very soon . She should be tried as opposite imo. For the Italian side Sylla was very inspired but she kept hitting in the same direction,I think the Chinese could've done better to stop her. De Gennaro was great in defense.

• It seems, that Korea without Kim is easy prey for Poland, which will rise to 11 in the table now winning in three, and overtaking Germany by a very small margin (one set more won).