2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• About Terzic, there are a lot fans here like Terzic. Players like Serban are also satisfied. Terzic can understand Russian language easily and that's why they even don't see him as foreigner coach. I also remember that Terzic said he would like to be a coach of Russian NT. We don't have problem with Serbians too. There are a lot of fans of Boskovic and Mihailovic here. Gratcheva always said good words towards Boskovic and Mihailovic. She even compared Mihailovic and Egonus' power with male players. I don't think Altinli it will be matter to me or Russian players even if Serbian fans will root for Turkey or other countries. We are not trying to force anyone to root for Russian NT. Our tv commentator also are respectful but some users here I think they deserved my words because I never use such words unless they are not trying to distroy my nerve system. When I said Turkish players are brave, hero on court you mostly found it right and agreed but when I told it was job of GUI you didn't agree. It also is not matter to me. But it seems you like we always say such words their hero, brave, powerful like Thaisa, etc... That's why I find it nonsense to talk blind fans.

• There's obviously a language and cultural divide in here. We can just move on and talk about volleyball instead of doing some nonsense stuff to incense someone or everyone. You are all getting on my nerves by the way. It's stuff like this that I find this forum unreadable.

Can't we just have a day without drama? It is perfectly clear to me you all love attention and drama.

You should just all learn how to tolerate people.

If you think you are the better person then please... Do us a favor and ignore that someone you think is pissing you off. It's unhealthy and unproductive. :read:

/Endrant.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• De Gennaro is literally only libero who stops Zhu Ting so much in one match. She is the beast :super:

• He also says that if Serbia secures a F6 spot next week,

Do you know if that is even mathematically possible? With so many teams close in the ranking

• De Gennaro is literally only libero who stops Zhu Ting so much in one match. She is the beast :super:

Indeed!
    lol there is speculation on a Chinese volleyball forum saying that the Italian team have got the best analytics software of Volleyball and they have done intensive research on Zhu Ting spikes.
    Egonu and MBs were quite tall and they blocked the down-the-line route very well which left only cross court options. De Gennaro was always ready and in place to dig the Zhu cross court spikes.

It sounds easy but I am sure the Italian NT did a lot of hard work in their defence system. This is already the third time in a roll since last year that the Chinese NT lost to the Italian NT. Thumps up to their great work!

• Do you know if that is even mathematically possible? With so many teams close in the ranking

I have no idea, really. Any in case it won't just depend on Serbia's results.

Another issue he raises in this interview is that the prize money is actually lower now - relative to the number of games and the amount of travel compared to Grand Prix, I suppose.

• Do you know if that is even mathematically possible? With so many teams close in the ranking

Yes, it is mathematically possible.

If Serbia were to win all 3 matches next week, they would be sitting on 11 victories. It is just possible but extremely improbable that 5 teams will have more than 11 victories. In fact, if Serbia were indeed to have 11 victories after 4 weeks, than only 5 teams can possibly be better than her (other than irrelevant China). Russia, one of those 5, has an extremely difficult 4th week, where they could well lose all 3 matches (but even a single loss will knock their chances of surpassing Serbia in this scenario)

To make a long story short, if Serbia were to win all 3 matches in Week 4, and Russia to lose 1, then she will indeed have already secured a place in F6 even before Week 5.

• He also says that if Serbia secures a F6 spot next week, he'll send a B team to Argentina for the final tournament.

That's typical for Terzic: if he wants to rest his main players, he will give away intentionally matches, he doesn't care about.

• Among the four strong teams (China, Brazil, Serbia and USA), Serbia is the only team wasn't beaten by a weaker team as host. The lunatic who had bet on Germany defeats Brazil must be very rich now. :cheesy:

• Big week coming up for the USA with Russia, Brazil, and China. With the US not in the "develop the pipe line mode" they will want to win all three of these matches but especially Brazil which is playing its A team. Hill and Larson will probably start two out of the three matches. At OP we will see if Drews takes over the #1 spot from Murphy. Foluke remains the #1 MB'er but the #2 spot seems up for grabs between the other three with Gibby being the blocking leader. Expect no change with Robinson and Lloyd and I'm sure Karch will continue with the double sub.

The one thing that I will be curious to see is if the US gets in trouble playing their current OP's whether Karch will really shake things up and put Bartsch over at OP. I think that would be their strongest lineup.

• The weakest pool of the whole competition will be next week in Poland (Lodz) with the hosts, Germany, Belgium and Argentina (the last are supposed to lose all three matches anyway...).

• yes, but i doubt ARG can beat PUR or whatever euro teams are in the running in the challenger cup (which are they anyway?).

fivb website is so pathetic as it does not contain info on the challenger league.

yes, but i doubt ARG can beat PUR or whatever euro teams are in the running in the challenger cup (which are they anyway?).

fivb website is so pathetic as it does not contain info on the challenger league.

Look in neighbor thread here, I made an update now:

FIVB challenger cup

• The weakest pool of the whole competition will be next week in Poland (Lodz) with the hosts, Germany, Belgium and Argentina (the last are supposed to lose all three matches anyway...).

Germany - Belgium wil be nice. :D

Yes. But they have even the chance to defeat the best Challenger team at the end, so even last place among challenger teams doesn't necessarily mean vanishing from this competition.

this doesnt make sense to me. if the team coming from the Challenger round loses to the last of VNL this would mean all of its struggle,wins,fights go to trash can..
    this two shouldnt play a last match to determine which to compete in VNL next season.. the winner of Challenger round should directly be able to compete in VNL after it is done