2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• on first Day of the week 5 :

Brazil - Belgium : Brazil is the fav.

Turkey - Netherlands : Dutch team is the fav. on paper but could be a nice match

Russia - Dominican R : i expect Russia to win

Italy - Thailand : Italy is supposed to win.they have to win

Germany - China : i dont know how China will play..could be a tough match

Poland - Japan : i think Japan is the slightly fav. Poland should be stable enough to win.

Serbia - Usa : Usa is the clear fav. against this Serbian team without its best players

• Match of the week: Turkey - Netherland

Not only is it a crucial match to get a spot in final 6 for both teams, but also because of the drama :drink:

• [/quote]Match of the week: Turkey - Netherland

Not only is it a crucial match to get a spot in final 6 for both teams, but also because of the drama :drink: [/quote]

Does it matter which place you end up as long as you are in the top 5?

Italy could technically still get 5th place, but it seems very unlikely. If they win all their home matches this week (including Brasil on the last day), they end up with 30 points. Brasil, Serbia and Turkey only need one win to get 31 points (shouldn't be a problem since they have Thailand, Argentina and Germany respectively). That leaves the Netherlands with 26 points and Turkey, China and Germany to play (in Germany). They should be able to beat Germany and China (not with best players).

• would be enough for Serbia to beat Argentina..Serbia's AB-team could beat them.

Antonijevic - Bjelica
    Milenkovic - Blagojevic
    Raşiç -Aleksic
    Popovic..

this lineup is enough to win against Argentina but id like to see Serbian promising younger players ..seems we couldnt see bcz Serbia has to win that match .. the match vs.Korea could be tough (if KYK plays then Korea could win too)
    i guess if Serbia wins against Argentina they can play with the youngers on Day 3 against Korea

• Canter, Antonijevic is not in squad either for the last week. Antonijevic, Boskovic, Popovic, Veljkovic are not there. Rasic-Stevanovic are probably there to avoid some terrible losses.

• Serbia:

S: Bojana Živković, Slađana Mirković
    OPP: Ana Bjelica, Jovana Jovičić
    OH: Tijana Malešević, Jelena Blagojević, Bojana Milenković, Bianka Buša, Sara Lozo, Katarina Lazović
    MB: Jovana Stevanović, Milena Rašić, Maja Aleksić
    L: Teodora Pušić

Rasic is there simply because Mina Popovic is injured and now they only 4 middles in the wide roster.

• Don't forget, that German NTs don't like to play against top Asian teams, especially not against Japan and China. And Chinas roster is not that bad, despite Zhu Ting is missing...

yep,i see..not only German team but many european teams dont like to especially play China ,Japan
    i read that Zhu,Liu and setter Xia would be missing..the rest of the players are also tall and China is still a good blocking team and its always hard to play a good blocking team.

• is it possible to equally wear out all the teams in terms of long trips during VNL ? 8|

It feels to me that Japan is just now finding their stride. Don't know about any of the lightweight teams. :whistle:

• do you think Robin de Kruijf would have liked to play tomorrow a lot :lol:

also, it mustn't have been that easy for Gui and his players flying from thailand to germany

i think the most interesting matches will be :

Turkey vs.Netherlands
    Germany vs. China
    Poland vs. Japan

Russia vs DR match could end up being an interesting one

• Just watched THA v GER match. It's a shame Thailand didn't win any of the six matches they played at home. That group has been playing together pretty solidly the past couple years. They should be better. They should be tired. Such a lovable group. You can't help but root for them.

On the other hand, that German setter's left-handed spike is brutal, lovely.

• this camera angle for Bra-Bel :pinch: hate it

I just tuned in. I don't notice what you mean.

No commentary :(

• The opening of NED v TUR was kind of cool. VEry NBA like. But it blinded the girls :)