2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• i did not watch DOM x JPN but it's not surprise that DOM has trouble with teams like JPN. they get very frustrated when they keep pounding the ball away and yet it keeps coming back. at the WCh 2014, when DOM finished in the final 6 (the highest result ever for them), they still lost to JPN 3-2 in the last match of pool play in the 2nd round. the result was meaningless because JPN was already eliminated and DOM already advanced to the finals, but i remember how sakoda keep flying from the backrow and pounding away, and DOM block and defense could never find her...

i think DOM really misses dela cruz, pri rivera and castillo, they really provided the glue that kept the team cohesive and together... certainly when they can't pass the ball, their whole system collapses.

• I don't see a stream for Germany-Turkey at sportdeutschland? It is just not there, if anyone can see it pls could you send me a link? Also can't see one on Sport Klub...

There is no stream on Sportdeutschland because Sport1 bought the rights for German home matches. You can watch here with German IP: https://tv.sport1.de/player/player.php?id=s202153

Great 1st set by Eda. I don't know why Poll is on court, she's not young and she's not good at anything.

• Smarzek is listed as 191cm, but she looks at least 194-195cm when she is beside Kakolewska :what:

• Eda + Zehra might be the best mb duo Turkey has ever had. Did anyone see those craazy spikes by Zehra followed by a block. :white: all back to back

Edit:and another one :super:

Also lets remember Zehra is just 18

Kubra is on her way to be a bench player in Vakifbank and NT. :wavy:

• Smarzek is listed as 191cm, but she looks at least 194-195cm when she is beside Kakolewska :what:

From a long time I also wondering if she is not more than 191cm high...

• From a long time I also wondering if she is not more than 191cm high...

Voronkova is 190cm and from the looks of it Smarzek is a few inches taller than her so maybe you're right :win:

• Yes but very small, Germany needs to win 3-2 and Turkey needs to get 0 points vs China as well. And Italy needs to win

It's too late now, we should have played better in the first weekend.. winning over Turkey and Poland back then would have the difference!

Early voting in my brain has Smarzek as VNL MVP even though Poland won't make the F6. Not just because of her numbers but because she said "Hi! We're Poland. We're here". Outstanding

• Elena Pietrini is really new rising star in volleyball. Her stats when it comes to attack are already very good. You can't even compare Ebrar with her and they are the same age.

To bad that Italy will not play in Final6 because they have chance to win this not only to be their :whistle: