2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• i did not watch DOM x JPN but it's not surprise that DOM has trouble with teams like JPN. they get very frustrated when they keep pounding the ball away and yet it keeps coming back. at the WCh 2014, when DOM finished in the final 6 (the highest result ever for them), they still lost to JPN 3-2 in the last match of pool play in the 2nd round. the result was meaningless because JPN was already eliminated and DOM already advanced to the finals, but i remember how sakoda keep flying from the backrow and pounding away, and DOM block and defense could never find her...

i think DOM really misses dela cruz, pri rivera and castillo, they really provided the glue that kept the team cohesive and together... certainly when they can't pass the ball, their whole system collapses.

De La Cruz and Castillo are certainly missed. Especially Castillo (where has she been playing?). But Rivera not all. Her prime has already passed long time ago. Have you watched her playing lately? She cannot even run for a ball. With all the due respect, she doesnt have the body of an high level athlete.

Those 3 players were in the last Grand Prix. Eventhough, DOM finished on the bottom :whistle:

• I want to ask this again. Does anyone know? Do they have chartered flights with sleeping cabins?

When these 190 cm long women take a 20+ Hour flight from Omaha to Bangkok, or whatever, are they just flying Delta coach—with crying babies and what not?

• Way to go Poland!

• leonardo, i haven't seen rivera lately no, but i meant she was a stablizing force for receiving serve... which is their weak part.

eve as OH is not good enough, and i guess kwiek could try moving pena to receiving OH and using rodriguez or gonzalez as attacking OPP, but that is still not good enough.

i do like fernandez but kwiek has been trying her as digging libero and binet as passing libero, but i think binet is not that good at it...

• Zehra Güneş is really new rising star in volleyball. Her stats when it comes to attack and blok are already very good. You can't even compare Lubian with her and they are the same age.
    She has already won Champions League and Turkish league and is choosen the best MB.
    I am so happy that we will watch her against the best teams of VNL.

• leonardo, i haven't seen rivera lately no, but i meant she was a stablizing force for receiving serve... which is their weak part.

eve as OH is not good enough, and i guess kwiek could try moving pena to receiving OH and using rodriguez or gonzalez as attacking OPP, but that is still not good enough.

i do like fernandez but kwiek has been trying her as digging libero and binet as passing libero, but i think binet is not that good at it...

I agree. They are missing an OH who can pass. They desesperately do need one. They have so many great attackers, but the backrow is their weakest link. It is quite funny because Marcos has tried almost every single player as OH, even Vargas :cheesy: , but nobody was able to do it in a decent way.

Pena is another liabilty in the backrow. Maybe they should try an ex libero as OH in order to help the with the pass. Otherwise, they will keep this losing record.

Btw...how annoying are the screams from the turkish side? I understand that you need to celebrate and so on, but omg...it is almost unbeareable. I had to turn off the sound of the match

• I agree that Zehra is really a great prospect as MB, but she needs to improve her variety in attack :!: In this tournament I only see her hitting the 2-meter-shot, never a quick hit closer to the setter or a slide attack. Better blockers will eat her alive (though there are not so many around in world volleyball these days)

• Congrats girls, we are going finals after 4 years :cheesy:

I think Zehra is a little bit overrated.She is a good attacker but her blocking skills are very bad :teach:

Cansu is like new Yuan :lol:

Though I agree she might seem bad next to Eda Erdem her blocking skills are nowhere near ''very bad''. Also her attack is and her athleticism is on par with some World class mbs and better then some as well although she could use some variety indeed. I think she will never be a slider, more like Rasic, Veljkovic, Thaisa kind of player to me. At age 18 I don't think she is overrated at all, what else can we expect from her other then scoring tons of points above 60-70% sometimes 80-90% each match.

Cansu Ozbay is indeed crazy screamer lol she can tone it down a little :lol:

• Congrats to Turkish girls and Guidetti for making it to the final round.. they have deserved to go to the final round after playing a good first round. what i like in this new format is that all the teams play one another so nobody can claim that the pools were unbalanced or that team had deserved more bla bla..
    i couldnt watch the match vs Germany ..there was no working stream around to watch
    i checked the stats..all the players seem to have done well offensively except Meliha..its not wrong to say Guidetti considers Meliha as a regular starter so Meliha should do better at attacking she should keep improving on different part of her attacking game .

Zehra Güneş has been doing well. She should keep working hard..i disagree on that she is a bad blocker..she is not..she is the 7th best blocker of VNL so far. sure there's always a room for improving

i found German Drewniok a promising player.Unfortunately she is an OPP and Lippmann's backup at the best..one of these girsl should pass to be on the courth at the same time..or two-man passing system should be applied

btw..many troll-ish posters have appeared in the forum recently.. their posts are disrespectful and partly discriminatory towards some players ..i think we should simply ignore them .when they realize nobody feeds them then either they will start to write on "volleyball" or will disappear ;)

• Zehra Güneş is really new rising star in volleyball. Her stats when it comes to attack and blok are already very good. You can't even compare Lubian with her and they are the same age.
    She has already won Champions League and Turkish league and is choosen the best MB.
    I am so happy that we will watch her against the best teams of VNL.

Made my day. Where are the croatian rising stars? :lol:

• I really don't like Ebrar.Her technique is bad.She plays with high-slow balls.That's why she is not effective with these fast sets right now.

I am waiting for Derya Cebecioğlu.I don't know why Guidetti didn't call her.She is a huge talent.I can say she can be a great all-around OH :thumbup:

• I really don't like Ebrar.Her technique is bad.She plays with high-slow balls.That's why she is not effective with these fast sets right now.

I am waiting for Derya Cebecioğlu.I don't know why Guidetti didn't call her.She is a huge talent.I can say she can be a great all-around OH :thumbup:

you could be right about Ebrar but give her a few years..she is just "raw" atm