2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• The main reason why USA's game drastically improved after the first week was moving Kelsey to the libero position.. she has really been great, especially passing. Today wasn't her day, I expect her to get back on track already on Friday.
    2008 USA was a very different team.. they were not EXPECTED to do so good in Beijing, far from favorites. They won against Cuba in the semis, but they lost during the preliminary round also 3-0 and were beaten badly. They won 3-2 against Japan, 3-2 against Poland and dropped a set against Colombia.. So there's no reason to compare those 2 teams.. Now they are clearly one of the favorites, and people have certain expectations from them.. they also have, although they try to avoid the pressure

• The main reason why USA's game drastically improved after the first week was moving Kelsey to the libero position.. she has really been great, especially passing. Today wasn't her day, I expect her to get back on track already on Friday.
    2008 USA was a very different team.. they were not EXPECTED to do so good in Beijing, far from favorites. They won against Cuba in the semis, but they lost during the preliminary round also 3-0 and were beaten badly. They won 3-2 against Japan, 3-2 against Poland and dropped a set against Colombia.. So there's no reason to compare those 2 teams.. Now they are clearly one of the favorites, and people have certain expectations from them.. they also have, although they try to avoid the pressure

Colombia has never qualified to the Olympics. They lost a set against a young (almost junior) venezuelan team. It was the only set won by that southamerican country in the whole tournment.

• You dont like it or you dont agree it, it is not interesting for me. But you have to respect it or İ will teach you to respect others' opinions. Karch Kiraly never got silver medal in 2008 in Beijing with that roster. Now they are favorite, good, we all do know that. Karch Kiraly got bronze medal with favorite roster. After Marrison's leaving USA NT seem different İMO. You think USA NT now is favorite and they will get gold medal of WCH, good, with this roster even their libero was good OH in İmoco once (ironic). İ admit that USA NT is favorite and their staff is also good but İ am not sure Karch will take this team gold medal or not. İ dont want to talk over predections, let's wait and see.
    İ mean USA did a good job with that roster in 2008 and got silver medal of OG, i dont think Karch could take team silver medal with that roster, whatever we will what he will do with this fave roster. Let's wait and see

First of all you have to get some manners. Second, who said I don't respect your opinion? Third, when did I say they're gonna won the WCH?

• Seems like someone is really bitter about the USA team and is being really rude about it.

"Listen to my opinion and take it, if you refuse, I will teach you how to respect other people's opinion."

Y'all know y'all can spit out your opinion without being rude and come across as bitter btch, right? :whistle:

• My opinion of the USA vs Turkey. Turkey was digging a lot of hard hitting balls and scoring on them. That makes a big difference in the match. Turkey has a lot of new younger hitters who haven’t been scouted much and not the normal players teams are use to playing. They played really well. The USA team look discombobulated. Foluke doesn’t look good at all out there, yes set were not good but her blocking was rusty. I don’t know why she hadn’t played more during the tournament. So with Turkey digging a lot does that mean Hill and Larson were not playing well? I don’t know, they just weren’t playing well. MBH should have started but it was good to get her in there. Dixon played well, Gibby played well too. She is good at blocking. I saw her rubbing her thigh and then had a bandage wrapped around it. Hopefully it’s minor. Kelsey as a long term libero. I don’t see it, but who else do they have? the other libero right now who has never played professional, Benson at home who hasn’t done much of anything.
    A lot of people want to blame Karch but it’s the players who have to go out there and play and they, not the coaches, didn’t play well. The USA NT loses players during the quads because many don’t get picked up by foreign teams to play, then they lose the experience and the coaches have to wait on new players to come through. Going from NCAA to professional is not easy compare to players who live in foreign countries with different club levels.
    USA NTs have always been good with some of the best players but no coach has ever lead them to a gold medal. Or no team of players have won Gold. Good example 2012 Olympics when they played in the finals, the team froze and couldn’t pull it out. They were just staring at each other.
    USA will always be at the top tier but I don’t see them being the team to beat at tournaments.

• I wonder HOW MANY Vakifbank VC players in this TUR vs SRB match? Seeing Rasic served so good and Gui wouldn't look, I can only smile... :-)

TUR MUST win here to keep the gate remains opened.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Just install the CN giant Octopus streaming network zhangyu tv droid app to watch live the cctv sports broadcast and others through multiple choices :-) Plain and simple, ofc with the CN commentaries!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Tijana is getting on fire :super:

and Jelena is playing so clever...

now we hope we can use the middle blockers more often... :heart:

• No matter what the result will be, TUR is playing with a real fighting spirit and enjoys the game. Guidetti dis very good job by making a 'team' so far :super:

• SRB is not the same team without Brankica Mihajlović... even Tijana becomes less effective as now opponent blockers can track on her with better focus. At least it's safe to say that without Brankica the SRB team is not that powerful as it is used to be.

• Great block defense by Tur so far. They just need to fınd a way to receive Rasic's serves :white: Noone is helping to Boskoviç at attack so far :aww: