2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Serbia use their middle and this different libero is doing her job well.

• sportdeutschland.tv

This is one of those odd matches. Looks like Serbia is playing better than USA but USA wins the sets :what:

• The Serbian team had decided to concentrate earlier at the 2018 World Championship to win that quadrennial tournament. Therefore they decided to exit earlier from the F6 competition. Moreover they want avoid BRA for the two belong to the same Pool (D) in the WCH, as some had mentioned here :-) Indeed I just parrot the same notion :)

It's cool to be here for the 2018 ECH Champion, but that's all, enough play n play at this annual fest, time to refocus to the big girls' event, to chase the truly big fish there! Bye bye,,, sayonara :-)

The Turkish team is saved. Read the lines as you like to.

LLOYD — when you wrote "independent" indeed you meant the exact opposite "dependent". Spotted consistent mistakes in your few latest posts about RUS & SRB teams.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• USA is through to the finals. All that effort of Boskovic gone to waste. Serbia is missing Mijahlovic.

Dixon's serve is getting back so as her attack. She easily displaces Adams to be the starter together with Foluke.

My question is.. considering the low number of sets the middles get, and the great blocking skills of Gibby, maybe we'll see her as a starter?

• That was a stepping-on-the-throat level squash by USA. Well played.

• I would like to think that is the case....especially because in 2015 and 2016 they did not even reach the Finals in the GP but played their best later in the WC and OG.

BUT.....I think this time will be different but for the worse.....Zivkovic is not the setter that you can win any major tournaments. Serbia lost for Italy and NED because of her ( I`m not just saying this now, I actually wrote this on the Serbia thread)...and I also wrote saying how many more matches would Serbia loose because of her??...and they lost for Turkey because of her.... She`s not clutch and during crucial moments she can`t do anything but set Boskovic.

I really like Milenkovic and she could be ready for Tokyo...but if Serbia wants to win the WCH they gotta go back to Malesevic/Mihajlovic but still with Zivkovic I don`t think they can win anything.

I wonder is Terzic already has a problem with Anna? Zivkovic was the reason why they lost yesterday and then she gets to start and play the whole game and Anna never comes in???... Unless she got injured, but I already sense something is not right.

The Serbian team had decided to concentrate earlier at the 2018 World Championship to win that quadrennial tournament. Therefore they decided to exit earlier from the F6 competition. Moreover they want avoid BRA for the two belong to the same Pool (D) in the WCH, as some had mentioned here :-)

• Milenkovic attacked 1/19 :white: so let's not complain why setters are setting to only Boskovic, the other apparently can't kill any ball :aww: Also MBs are not killer scorers anymore although they are still intimidating at blocking.

Boskovic again played insanely good but it is obvious that any team relying only one player can not win at this level. I also don't expect CHN to be champion with such a 'Zhu only' game. If Gabi got back to her old form and keep supporting Tandara, my favourite team is BRA to win the tournament. I don't see CHN winning without any scoring option other than Zhu

• Didn't you watch Ana in the previous games, she did nothing better than Zivkovic! She WAS once a good setter but after so many serious injuries, she is simply not there anymore. Don't make conclusions based on her 2-3 years older performance. I expect her to be a big disappointment in FB as well.

SRB won ECH with this 'terrible' Zivkovic setting everything Boskovic and Mihajlovic. However, this doesn't work when your player who scores half of the points is gone. :whistle:

• I`m not talking about this VNL only.... I`m talking about since Maja left and Zivkovic became the main setter....

The middles are not killers?? Did you know that Stevanovic was the best score among all middles in Italy??? And this is because her team had terrible reception and they did not even reach the playoffs....same goes for Veljokovic.... So if Stevanovic can score with Lo Bianco and Veljokvic with Mirkovic...They both should be able to score with Zivkovic.

Before VNL started Serbia played against Bulgaria B team....Boskovic scored 30 points and the middles got 2 or 2 balls each...

Anna has not been good either...but at least she can be better than Zivkovic eventually.

European Champions??? WHO CARESsssssssssssss.................. winning a tournament against Ned, Turkey, Belarus, Cyprus, Georgia and so on is such a big deal right??

I want to see Serbia beating China, Brazil and USA....and not those so called European Powerhouses

Didn't you watch Ana in the previous games, she did nothing better than Zivkovic! She WAS once a good setter but after so many serious injuries, she is simply not there anymore. Don't make conclusions based on her 2-3 years older performance. I expect her to be a big disappointment in FB as well.

SRB won ECH with this 'terrible' Zivkovic setting everything Boskovic and Mihajlovic. However, this doesn't work when your player who scores half of the points is gone. :whistle:

• Nice amount of countries you describe there pope

But for real in Ech its playing against: Netherlands, Turkey, Poand, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Italy, Russia
    And indeed then you still have other good/decent teams who can fight like Belarus, Germany, Belgium, maybe in the future Sweden can be added

Lookiing at the VNL top 10 we see that 60% of the countries are from Europe, and 75% from the top 8. If you want to look at numbers this is the facts. So people should stop underestimating the European finals and acting still as if it does not matter. So I get why people outside would not care about the Ech, it still does not take away the fact its the most competitive out of all continentals and the countries within do care. Winning this does mean a lot! I don't want to get into this too much but the numbers speak for itself. Many of these teams like Italy, Turkey, Poland are upcoming countries as well which means it will only get tougher. Just bcs Serbia won Ech easily one time, does not mean they always will win it easily, they still had momentum of OG with this one and others were not ready.

Btw I'm not trying to fight, just showing why I disagree. Serbia is a great team and they need to find new setters and new spirit. Maybe even a coach change could do well as Terzic wanted Russia anyway, right? Right now sadly I don't see this team winning WC, maybe with Mihajlovic it will be a whole other story though

• The weakest team of the F6, according to some users here, lost one match 3-2 and won the second one 3-2, playing great and showing us good quality matches so far, plus, they qualified to semis. Yes, I am talking about Turkey, I hope you guys will reconsider your fanaticism before you say big things next time. Congrats to US and Turkey, very well deserved qualifications. :box:

I don't mean to undervalue Serbia with this post, they did a great job while Mihajlovic was injured. I think Serbia's main problem right now is they have a very limited OH pool, Mihajlovic is the only solid OH they have and setters. When I watch this VNL, I noticed how a big change Maja was making in this team, she was always a big threat to opponents, using middles bravely from no matter where she is on court, using her own ability to score when they got stuck, not only relying on Boskovic.