2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• sportdeutschland.tv is replaying the match from the first referee's camera. Kind of interesting

editt - it was just the last few points

• I think China has a better chance of defeating Turkey than USA. Turkey has always had problems with Asian-type volleyball like Korea and China but finds it somewhat easier to play against European and American countries.

So if China wins against USA, then it would be interesting to see a China vs Turkey finals! :)

The chance for china in the final is very slim. USA is a much better team now.

• It will be interesting to see if the WCh lives up to this excitement! :super:

:D

• I think China has a better chance of defeating Turkey than USA. Turkey has always had problems with Asian-type volleyball like Korea and China but finds it somewhat easier to play against European and American countries.

So if China wins against USA, then it would be interesting to see a China vs Turkey finals! :)

That's not true. Turkey has beaten 3 of all Asian teams in the same week. Moreover CHN do NOT play an asian game. Their game indeed resembles more of a Russian volleyball. Every player in the field is very tall and kinda slow. Their game lacks variation since they rely on Zhu. Geographical position does not mean that their game is also Asian ;)

• Putting a lot of serve pressure so Brazil couldn't get in their game.

that was key. they made some errors but they had to.

• The schedule really helps Turkey a lot. Brazil has been playing three days in a row whereas Turkey had a day off before the semi.

100% agree.... Just like last year Brazil played 2 games ...took a day off...and won the semis and final.... While Serbia and China had to play 3 games in a row....Fivb should consider 8 teams in the final and everyone has the same schedule by playing in the same days.

• Then this schedule should have helped the Netherlands, too but they got even the last place 6th. So just stop looking for factors off court and show respect to the victory!

There is no favorite now! Who plays better volleyball will win!

The celebration might be also so huge because by now this is the best result Turkey achieved on world stage. The best until todays match was a bronze medal in WGP 2012 now they guaranteed a silver medal.

Once again: stop looking for excuses, just accept it and appreciate the effort and respect the result. It was definetley not a gift by Brazil or fivb with the schedule, this is really unfair.

• Can you(Pope/rdfabio)stop with the history revisionism?

You have been talking about VNL/WGP when everyone was talking about the World Grand Champions Cup being meaningless than ECH.

WGP/WL/ VNL is important because of the world rankings but no one is here for the long flights and excessive matches in just a month which is basically being complained about by players and the coaches. ECH is important for european teams because it helps in qualifying for the european olympic qualifications too. PERIOD.

This is my last post about this and I won't entertain the subject anymore. Bye.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• 100% agree.... Just like last year Brazil played 2 games ...took a day off...and won the semis and final.... While Serbia and China had to play 3 games in a row....Fivb should consider 8 teams in the final and everyone has the same schedule by playing in the same days.

The idea behind the schedule is to be fair for 4 top teams, Serbia, China, USA and Brazil. These four teams had to play consecutively from last day of final round to the final. Fivb didn't expect Turkey or Netherlands would be the final four. :wall:

• I am sick of reading always the same posts here. Turkish users and others fight :down: This forum wasnt like that some time ago. Please just calm down and try not to make somebody accept your opinion. Everyone must be respectful to each other. And my last word to some Turkish users: not everyone must love Turkish NT or appreciate. You cant make all the users love Turkish NT, please ignore some users.

• Thank you for your answer Rains, exactly what I was about to write.

Plus, pope, if Beri wrote something, you should discuss it with her, not generalize it to all Turkish or european users here. what does Serdar or me have to do with it? We can't even see where you are from, should we generalize everything written here to you and accuse you?

Last year most Turkish users were criticising the team because they were playing bad, what is wrong with that? Of course people will share their opinions and criticise things until they get better, like today.

The problem here is, stop being disrespectful and undervaluing a success.

I just want to say big thanks to Guidetti! He is simply amazing. Without him, no other coach could make this team so united in such a short time. I don't enjoy his personality but he is definitely a genius when it comes to volleyball :drink:

• I remember I had a fight with some turkish users here for defending Guidetti's choice on fielding new players in the now defunct world grand prix last year.

They took the tournament seriously. Guidetti didn't because he wanted new players in the team and he was saving the experienced players for the more important matches like the world championship continental qualifiers and the european championship. I'm sure Guidetti would love to win with his former squad for the WGP like every coach but that squad wasn't as prepared as this year and the other teams were better than them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• The schedule would have helped Netherlands as well if only if Netherlands could make the final 4.
    The schedule did help Turkey, nonetheless, Turkey did play very well to beat Brazil. :wall:

• Ze had the choice to use the bench yesterday. They already qualified. China could beat Brazil and it would give the brazilians USA for the SF-1 as their playoff encounter but in my opinion, I like the chance with USA better than Turkey. Most teams don't know much about them. I think fear of the unknown is relatively higher with Guidetti's team while USA is technically the better team... You know their beloved guns and their waterloos. You naturally know what kind of team you are preparing for. Turkey like today have shown mystery is very powerful until you unfold all of its secrets. :obey:

#FreeBritney

• To be honest, I don‘t think this Turkish team will be playing and defeating like this long enough. As known they are a new team which plays tactical very well with Guidetti. Other teams don‘t have much video material to study this team and to defeat them. This is why I think in the WCH it won‘t be that easy because the teams will have all matches from VNL (the most matches you can play in this VNL) to study the Turks and to make tactics of course here comes an important role for the coaches.

• I don't think i have seen a team improve so much in 2 months, this VNL has been such a great journey for this young team. We don't beat ourselves anymore, like we tended to earlier, when i see a bad play or decision i don't face palm anymore and think "oh here we go" if they screw up then they recover far more quickly and don't go into a spiral of break downs. The consistency with they now play is really extra ordinary for a Turkish team. Very encouraging, the back breaking mistakes are rarer now.

It may not be the WC or OG, but the Guidetti factor has really kicked in, he has started from scratch, almost, with a brand new team of very young players, this man has some balls but has the coaching power to back it up. I'll wait to see the team produce at the WC, this despite being a very important organisation, at the end of the day is still chocolate medals. I see no barriers at all though, this team still has a high ceiling of improvement to get through, they are not punching above their weight.

Seyma Ercan has been a revelation, Guidetti knows his players, who amongst us would have picked her and start her for the NT? out of all the similar glut of players we have in her position that are solid, ok but are/will they good enough types?
    I had given up on Hande, but she also has impressed, there is a new energy to her, yep she still screws up but you know it's fine she now actually doesn't s3elf destruct but carries on and contributes and produces for the team.
    Meliha Ismagiloglu, I didn't want her anywhere near the NT, but this year she is probably the most improved player in Turkey. A defensive stalwart and her spiking has literally just transformed, it used to be when she went up for one you auto notched a point to the opponents, she now contributes so much more fluidly to the offense, it's remarkable the turn around.
    Meryem Boz, if she plays near the way she did against Brazil in the WC's, we need her mucho .....but I don't want to jinx it. Massive respect btw, she said as a team they wanted so badly to win this prior to the F6, of course i just grinned and thought well at least she's positive, I have eaten that condescending grin. She at points carried her team like a big player and leader. But slightly worryingly she has shut down too often over the comp, I am just hoping she is one of those that saves it to produce at the big ones.

It is very important to point out these players moved from bench warming foreign super stars in big teams to smaller teams to get decent playing time(Hande will in upcoming season too, and play for GS, I am very eager to see her progress) Of course Meliha moved to another big club Eczaci, but she has gotten good playing time there and the move has done wonders for her) I have always advocated playing time for the tons good young players we have produced over the recent years, but we have never really managed to the next level. Add the Guiddetti factor and we are seeing some fruits. Also i guessed he was grooming Cansu at Vakif and that has been the case, he has directly elevated her in front of the several setters that were ahead of her in the NT set up, the man just has an eye for a player.

I could go on, so much improvement and consistency in the team, My mouth is hanging open in a pleasant mild stupor. Also, I don't think we have a bad server in this team? and Ebrar Karakurt, fingers crossed, but enough.

Well done girls, well done indeed.