2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• @Mathias... This is personal insut ...this kinda of language is what should get baned from this forum.

My post was not towards anyone and I did not mention any users name...

Don't be such a sore loser. You should bite your tongue by belittling European teams (who cares right?) one of those European teams has beaten all the top teams in this tournament. I hope this success will teach you to respect European teams and realize that a tournament without BRA, CHN, USA is still very important.

Also it is not about the tournament. I still think VNL is not comparable WCh or OG. However, what matters to me is which teams TUR has beaten in this tournament. Not the title of the tournament ;)

• Why should it be? Turkish girls have been improving their game since the beginning of this tournament. The only match they lost without a point was against Brazil, 3-1 and it was still a close call. So it is likely that Turkey kicks Brazil off the semis.

Just wanted to quote these messages for a reason, proving how correct I was :drink:
    Volleyball is such a fair game!

Big big congrats to Turkish girls! Brazil is such a big country in this sport and they simply played at their best to win it. Everyone did their job today, not only Eda, but Zehra, Simge, Meryem, Hande. Cansu was shaky at times but it makes sense considering this is her first year with the NT and she is playing here now! :super:

• Did not see the personal insult in Serdar's message but I just marked to provocation part of your message. I hope this is a clear example. :teach:

• As I already knew...

Last year when Turkey finished 11th and Brazil won... Turkish users were laughing at Brazil and discrediting their win by saying they were playing against B teams and nobody cared for GP .....

Some criticism towards Tandaras weight, saying European Teams were never interested in Brazilians, talking down on them because of their height and all that.

But now all of the sudden they simply don't want to admit that this is not Brazil's main squad that will actually compete at the WCH.

Now I understand why Turkish users are so hated and cause so much drama in this forum.

I'm thrilled that Turkey won against Brazil B team...

Bye Felicias

• I think China has a better chance of defeating Turkey than USA. Turkey has always had problems with Asian-type volleyball like Korea and China but finds it somewhat easier to play against European and American countries.

So if China wins against USA, then it would be interesting to see a China vs Turkey finals! :)

The chance for china in the final is very slim. USA is a much better team now.

• I think China has a better chance of defeating Turkey than USA. Turkey has always had problems with Asian-type volleyball like Korea and China but finds it somewhat easier to play against European and American countries.

So if China wins against USA, then it would be interesting to see a China vs Turkey finals! :)

That's not true. Turkey has beaten 3 of all Asian teams in the same week. Moreover CHN do NOT play an asian game. Their game indeed resembles more of a Russian volleyball. Every player in the field is very tall and kinda slow. Their game lacks variation since they rely on Zhu. Geographical position does not mean that their game is also Asian ;)

• The schedule really helps Turkey a lot. Brazil has been playing three days in a row whereas Turkey had a day off before the semi.

100% agree.... Just like last year Brazil played 2 games ...took a day off...and won the semis and final.... While Serbia and China had to play 3 games in a row....Fivb should consider 8 teams in the final and everyone has the same schedule by playing in the same days.

• Then this schedule should have helped the Netherlands, too but they got even the last place 6th. So just stop looking for factors off court and show respect to the victory!

There is no favorite now! Who plays better volleyball will win!

The celebration might be also so huge because by now this is the best result Turkey achieved on world stage. The best until todays match was a bronze medal in WGP 2012 now they guaranteed a silver medal.

Once again: stop looking for excuses, just accept it and appreciate the effort and respect the result. It was definetley not a gift by Brazil or fivb with the schedule, this is really unfair.

• Can you(Pope/rdfabio)stop with the history revisionism?

You have been talking about VNL/WGP when everyone was talking about the World Grand Champions Cup being meaningless than ECH.

WGP/WL/ VNL is important because of the world rankings but no one is here for the long flights and excessive matches in just a month which is basically being complained about by players and the coaches. ECH is important for european teams because it helps in qualifying for the european olympic qualifications too. PERIOD.

This is my last post about this and I won't entertain the subject anymore. Bye.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• 100% agree.... Just like last year Brazil played 2 games ...took a day off...and won the semis and final.... While Serbia and China had to play 3 games in a row....Fivb should consider 8 teams in the final and everyone has the same schedule by playing in the same days.

The idea behind the schedule is to be fair for 4 top teams, Serbia, China, USA and Brazil. These four teams had to play consecutively from last day of final round to the final. Fivb didn't expect Turkey or Netherlands would be the final four. :wall:

• I am sick of reading always the same posts here. Turkish users and others fight :down: This forum wasnt like that some time ago. Please just calm down and try not to make somebody accept your opinion. Everyone must be respectful to each other. And my last word to some Turkish users: not everyone must love Turkish NT or appreciate. You cant make all the users love Turkish NT, please ignore some users.

• Thank you for your answer Rains , exactly what I was about to write.

Plus, pope , if Beri wrote something, you should discuss it with her, not generalize it to all Turkish or european users here. what does Serdar or me have to do with it? We can't even see where you are from, should we generalize everything written here to you and accuse you?

Last year most Turkish users were criticising the team because they were playing bad, what is wrong with that? Of course people will share their opinions and criticise things until they get better, like today.

The problem here is, stop being disrespectful and undervaluing a success.

I just want to say big thanks to Guidetti! He is simply amazing. Without him, no other coach could make this team so united in such a short time. I don't enjoy his personality but he is definitely a genius when it comes to volleyball :drink: