2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Bartsch versus Zhu Ting so far.

I don't understand why Carli is not setting Dixon that much. She's very capable of killing the balls more than her pin hitters.

• whoa 20-19 , where did 4 points advantage go???

China's reception fumbled. Hill doing Hill things on sub.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• It still doesn't sit right with me Robinson there, you had think US would have a natural libero to bring in. (From their wider system i mean, clearly they are not happy with the one squad.)

• I feel like the more I watch China they slower they seem to get. Their movement around the court is very laboured. Even on the off ball, the setters just give these huge imprecise digs to get the ball across without really using their legs.

Dont get why Gong starts either.. she has one swing into the block and her defence is relatively poor.

I have credited Lang Ping with making the right decisions and substitutions - but lately I am not so sure... This game so far is an exact mirror image of every game China has played against USA and lost...

• Robinson had problems with such balls yesterday too

It was actually during the Olympic finals of 2012. :teach:

Robinson is actually doing pretty well with floor defense so far.

Foluke getting a lot of overpass hits.

• Yuan was a better player at age 18 . I thought she would become the woman version of Muzersky but she couldn't develop much :whistle: Good but not a game changer so far

I agree generally. We called her "Fear the Beard" back then (SF Giants reference of several years ago). But I think she's gotten quicker and smarter with angles on her slide attack. Everything else, I dunno

• I feel like the more I watch China they slower they seem to get. Their movement around the court is very laboured. Even on the off ball, the setters just give these huge imprecise digs to get the ball across without really using their legs.

Yes, that's weird to watch.

• So much floor confusion for China. yikes

You can double touch on first contact? What's up with that? Or did I mis-hear that explanation?