2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Robinson as LIBERO just pisses me off tbh... She really is not that bad of an attacking OH for that. USA really does not have any better libs? Also Larson and Hill fail at times and I believe Robinson could do great coming in as OH but we have to watch her as libero :down:

• China needs a better OH than Liu XT imo. Hui RQ is deeply missed

Liu is capable of serving bombs. She's still important to China. I think international experience outside of the chinese league would help her gwt over the hump she's presently facing.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Ding Xia and Li Ying-ying helped China win Set 3.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• no need to panic. usa is not the type of team that will lose from 2-0. usa in 4.

I dunno. USA seems kind of choke-y to me. USA in 4, China in 5.

• I dunno. USA seems kind of choke-y to me. USA in 4, China in 5.

That's normal for a normally great receiving team like USA.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I agree with the announcer, Hill's "serve me" confidence is lovely

• Is it just me or Foluke can't attack anywhere near what she used to?

She's had a few ill-timed swings, but I think she's fine. Maybe still living in Japan a little

• Guys I think you are over responding to one or two Turkish critics here, if we won the WCH gold and the Olympics after someone will still criticize us, it's the way it is, you know that. I think on top of that, one or two are busting a gut in frustration in not being able to throw around political stuff in a sports forum. I am loving reading the negative comments personally ;) So proud of the girls.

We just beat a 6-0 Brasil, dominated 3-0 and playing for gold tomorrow, happy days. And i think we can win the gold :) That is all the answer they need, beyond that is pointless, wasting time.

Also btw we should have beaten US first game, probably the worst 3 sets we have played in VNL to lose that game. US had to come back from 2 sets down TWICE now. But that's by the by, Girls are over it and in the final, new steel in this team, I think we finally have a team that can get over the mental barrier of not knowing how to win a big 'un or being satisfied being 2nd. I am fine what ever the result though, we won massively from this tournament.

I can think of a dozen young players off my head that is available and even more experienced players, absolutely right Guiddetti's main problem will be choosing from so much talent. I want so many players that really need to be brought in apart from this current team! but only 6 can play it's a sweet head ache. I think this team will change substantially over the next few years for the better, this isn't even our best line up. I trust in the Guiddetti.

Enjoy! :drink:

• I think China is missing a lot of things. First of all, I agree on what I read today, they are sooo similar to Russia when they played with Koshe and Goncha in the same time. Having both Zhu and Li on the court at the same time is ruining their defense, besides Gong is not helping in defense either, so it is only a miracle when they dig a ball (a bit of exaggeration here!). The thing is, Russia did not harm from this system because they had an amazing libero who was digging a lot and was very active in backcourt, Chinese liberos are a mess, I don't know how many times they watched balls falling from meters :wall:
    I also did not like the Chinese middles in this tournament. They are neither convincing in blocking nor in attacking they kill crucial balls. Therefore it feels like they rely so much on Zhu and Li to finish a rally.

Good game by US! It was a fair decision to bring Hill instead of Larson and they are extremely dangerous from the serve line. Lets see how much Turkish girls will be able to harm their receiving line tomorow :whistle:

• That was a Thailand level combination USA just ran

• I don't believe Yang Fang-xu will participate in WCH 2018.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan