2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• And which team from these F6, hasn't made a huge impact?

• I've read a few posts questioning Foluke Akinradewo's performance this tournament.

It looked to me like a problem of timing and execution more than whether or not she had a lot of kills or a high kill %.

I'm sure no one here watched the Japanese V.league, so I'll just let you know she was spectacular there. Clearly the league MVP. Yeah, it was against a bunch of tiny people so she bested everyone in kill %, but my point is: her energy and execution were exquisite. I don't think she's over the hill. She's got double the hang time of most MBs and the Hisamitsu setters figured that out. I think it's a matter of her re-acquainting herself with Lloyd. She'll be fine come WCh.

• I've read a few posts questioning Foluke Akinradewo's performance this tournament.

It looked to me like a problem of timing and execution more than whether or not she had a lot of kills or a high kill %.

I'm sure no one here watched the Japanese V.league, so I'll just let you know she was spectacular there. Clearly the league MVP. Yeah, it was against a bunch of tiny people so she bested everyone in kill %, but my point is: her energy and execution were exquisite. I don't think she's over the hill. She's got double the hang time of most MBs and the Hisamitsu setters figured that out. I think it's a matter of her re-acquainting herself with Lloyd. She'll be fine come WCh.

I read lots of good things about her performance in Japan although i haven’t watched much. But i want to point out the fact that both Foluke and Mihajlovic perfomed very poorly for their standarts in VNL. I know Mihaijlovic had and injury but still I wonder if Japan is the right league for a top player if they still want to be a world class player. Don’t get me wrong i would love to play there if i was a player since i love Japan as a country and their culture people are awesome to experience. It’s just a thought. Maybe I want to see both of them play for a European Club team where I can watch more regularly since I don’t follow Japanese League so often.

I've read a few posts questioning Foluke Akinradewo's performance this tournament.

I read lots of good things about her performance in Japan although i haven’t watched much. But i want to point out the fact that both Foluke and Mihajlovic perfomed very poorly for their standarts in VNL. I know Mihaijlovic had and injury but still I wonder if Japan is the right league for a top player if they still want to be a world class player. Don’t get me wrong i would love to play there if i was a player since i love Japan as a country and their culture people are awesome to experience. It’s just a thought. Maybe I want to see both of them play for a European Club team where I can watch more regularly since I don’t follow Japanese League so often.

• I wonder if Japan is the right league for a top player if they still want to be a world class player.

It's probably not, unless they need practice firing over people who are lucky to reach 175cm :D

I'm against Japanese teams hiring tall OHs. It spoils the game for me. But Foluke was a perfect puzzle piece for her team as a fast MB. (Neriman was also a riot because she attacked almost exclusively from downtown)

• btw just saying... maybe its an idea to have a few more mods if it gets too overwhelming trying to control it here. i'm not saying I should be a mod as almost everyone seems to hate me here, but I can see some other names like sitenoise  Canter  StefanS  USAvolleyfan etc. etc. those are just some examples of people from I think different backgrounds which most people seem to like and have no problem with. Only if they'd agree ofc. There are probably some more names like some Polish users as well.

I have not enough time to make moderation and due to my experience I can fully understand Matthias' frustration - it is the opposite of fun to be mod.

• I'm so happy we meet Turkey tomorrow. Guidetti proved once more he's the best: look where he brought a young NT! :obey:

You are fully right, despite I expected Guidetti to improve this rather young Turkish team a lot in his second year as head coach, he once more did even better as expected...

• What happened to Suelen's hand?

Yuan Xin-yue's hand seems to be injured, too. I wish they are both healthy.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Congrats to China for the bronze medal finish! At least we improved from last year's fourth place :lol:

Only pity for me is that our A team hasn't got a chance to play with Turkey's A team before WCH. Considering we will almost guarantee a lose to USA ( :( ) and will have a hard time playing against Italy, the match with Turkey may determine whether we can advance into third round.