2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League

• Last year some players were tested positive for doping because of the food they ate in China during WGP and they couldn’t play for WCH. USA NT brought their food last year and did the same this year. Looks like FIVB doesn’t care this and China gets to host finals and preliminary rounds. What if same thing happens and players cannot play WCH? Was there any precauting or preparings in order to avoid this?

Who are these individual players that had such problem being banned in WCH? Any link?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Last year some players were tested positive for doping because of the food they ate in China during WGP and they couldn’t play for WCH. USA NT brought their food last year and did the same this year. Looks like FIVB doesn’t care this and China gets to host finals and preliminary rounds. What if same thing happens and players cannot play WCH? Was there any precauting or preparings in order to avoid this?

If the food was contaminated as you pretend, then why only two players from different countries (Italy and Serbia) were tested positive? Why the test results from other players (living in the same hotel and eating the same food) were negative?

• If the food was contaminated as you pretend, then why only two players from different countries (Italy and Serbia) were tested positive? Why the test results from other players (living in the same hotel and eating the same food) were negative?

not everybody tested for doping in team sports. It is like a lottery. Maybe that was the reason, even Karch said the food in China has this kind of affect and they bring their own food. Maybe that was just the city last year? Would it be?

Someone else explained it better with medical words and stuff but i dont remember.

All I know is they were tested positive because of it and then case drop within a few months but they missed ECH last year. And god knows what an awful experience that was.

• not everybody tested for doping in team sports. It is like a lottery. Maybe that was the reason, even Karch said the food in China has this kind of affect and they bring their own food. Maybe that was just the city last year? Would it be?

Someone else explained it better with medical words and stuff but i dont remember.

All I know is they were tested positive because of it and then case drop within a few months but they missed ECH last year. And god knows what an awful experience that was.

AFAIK, A good numbers of podium players were tested. Furthermore, 6 teams were living in the same hotel and eating the same food for almost a week during the competition. If the food were contaminated as you pretend, then it won't be only these two players were tested positively.

• AFAIK, A good numbers of podium players were tested. Furthermore, 6 teams were living in the same hotel and eating the same food for almost a week during the competition. If the food were contaminated as you pretend, then it won't be only these two players were tested positively.

If you say so and i am PRENTENDING this, why did Karch say they brought their own food on the Net Live? And why these two players were cleared after a few months?

• I seem to recall a thread on this board that discussed this topic last year in some detail, down to the molecular makeup of said food ingredient in question, and that it affected different people differently, like many food allergies do. But I can't be sure. I believe it remained unresolved.

• If you say so and i am PRENTENDING this, why did Karch say they brought their own food on the Net Live? And why these two players were cleared after a few months?

They were cleared only because it was impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they had taken the drug knowingly. But the circumstantial evidences were far from their sides. As for Karch, could you give us as a link to us regarding his statement, so we can appreciate the content by ourselves?

I seem to recall a thread on this board that discussed this topic last year in some detail, down to the molecular makeup of said food ingredient in question, and that it affected different people differently, like many food allergies do. But I can't be sure. I believe it remained unresolved.

Could you link this discussion to us? thx

• Clenbuterol is widely used in China as growth boosters for livestocks and the same drug was found in Sylla's and Antonijevic's sample.

I think the coincidence is high that many players in the hotel for the final 6 were contaminated in last year's world grand prix.

WADA would've caused an uproar if they banned everyone for taking the drug unkowingly and even if everyone were contaminated... As someone have said, the testing was like lottery and the amount of clenbuterol in the sample would have been undetectable after a month if there was no continued usage of the drug anyway.

That should've been not difficult to resolve in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains ().

• AFAIK, the blood and the urine samples were taken just after the podium ceremony and they were conserved for testing. Furthermore, over half of podium players were tested. So the so-called "lottery" and "the drug elimination because of time" don't add up to explain why statistically only two players were tested positively if the foods were contaminated.

• Could you link this discussion to us? thx

Sorry. I never saved a link to it here (which wouldn't work now anyway), but this would have been the only place I would have read about the issue. I tried a quick search for 'china, doping, hotel' and whatnot, with no results. I seem to recall the discussion ended with about what you and Rains have just posted

• AFAIK, the blood and the urine samples were taken just after the podium ceremony and they were conserved for testing. Furthermore, over half of podium players were tested. So the so-called "lottery" and "the drug elimination because of time" don't add up to explain why statistically only two players were tested positively if the foods were contaminated.

Players from two different federations and clubs of origin were tested positive for the same drug and probably ate at the same place perhaps?

Isn't that too much coincidence?

The only things linking them together are the drug and the hotel or any place they've dine while they were in China.

Put the two together and the widespread usage of clenbuterol in China and it makes sense.

Someone also once posted in another thread which I forgot(maybe the italian NT thread) that a player once cleared his or her name by testing the food preparers for clenbuterol.

FIPAV could've done the same to clear Sylla's and consequently Antonijevic's names.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Sorry. I never saved a link to it here (which wouldn't work now anyway), but this would have been the only place I would have read about the issue. I tried a quick search for 'china, doping, hotel' and whatnot, with no results. I seem to recall the discussion ended with about what you and Rains have just posted

I have no problem to find info or retrieve threads from the last year.

Women's World Grand Prix 2017

The number of federations involving in this incident and your so called "coincident" still don't explain why only two players were tested positive. And I repeat again:
    - A good number of podium players were tested
    - Their blood and urine samples were taken just after the podium ceremony
    - These players were all living in the same hotel and were all eating the same food for almost a week.

So for all these, could you explain to us scientifically and statistically why there are only two players were tested positive?

Could you (also for other users) please stop saying that you had read somewhere a tread or an info about this and about that? If you have something to prove your point then find it and show it to us.

• I don't want to be hypocritical so I am just ending the conversation between us on this topic.:lol:

#FreeBritney

• I don't want to be hypocritical so I am just ending the conversation between us on this topic.:lol:

Sorry but I don't see how your statement can contribute positively in this discussion. AFAIK, I didn't insult you nor saying something disrespectful. So for this, I don't understand why such sudden passive-aggressive behavior from your side. If the points I had mentioned earlier were inaccurate or false, please correct me.

• I have no problem to find info or retrieve threads from the last year.

Women's World Grand Prix 2017

Permalinks to posts in the old software do not work now (even if I had saved one).

Go ahead and search for "china doping hotel", whatever you want. It was discussed here. I'm not interested enough to spend any more time on it. Sorry

• Permalinks to posts in the old software do not work now (even if I had saved one).

Go ahead and search for "china doping hotel", whatever you want. It was discussed here. I'm not interested enough to spend any more time on it. Sorry

I have no problem to find a good amount of info related to this incident from the last year data. But I found nothing related to your discussion.

http://inside.volleycountry.co…ghlight=Antonijevic+Sylla

http://inside.volleycountry.co…68/?highlight=clenbuterol

http://inside.volleycountry.co…0/?highlight=WGP+positive

http://inside.volleycountry.co…t=Antonijevic+Sylla+hotel

http://inside.volleycountry.co…?highlight=food+allergies

Maybe the discussion you're talking about exists only in your imagination.

• Maybe the discussion you're talking about exists only in your imagination.

From my imagination and your search results:

• From my imagination and your search results:

Antonijevic and Sylla were the two players tested positive. They were indeed living in the same hotel and eating the same food for almost a week. It was the same situation for other players and no one here is contesting these facts (living in the same hotel and eating the same foods). So what is your point?

As for your imaginary discussion, we are talking about a discussion where users were supposedly discussing about "molecular makeup of food ingredient" and "food allergies" related to this event.

• :sos:

I seem to recall a thread on this board that discussed this topic last year in some detail, down to the molecular makeup of said food ingredient in question, and that it affected different people differently, like many food allergies do. But I can't be sure. I believe it remained unresolved.

I seem to recall the discussion ended with about what you and Rains have just posted

Gee Whiz. I was trying to be helpful to you. It'll be my last time.