Turkish NT 2018

• the players' performances during the VNL (during both the preliminary and final rounds)

Eda Erdem and Meryem Boz were the leading players of the NT. considering these players' ages (respectively 31 and 30 ) i feel unhappy as thinking the day when they leave the NT especialy Eda Erdem :(

libero Simge Aköz did a very good job. i liked her game.she adds a lot to this team with her contribution

Meliha Ismailoğlu did her job. she did well mainly in the defensive part of this game. she needs to vary her offensive game : different angles etc

Şeyma Ercan needs to pass better. she is slightly better than Meliha at using the ball realizing the opponents defense over the net. Meliha seems to like the spikes where she can transfer all her power right onto the ball as hitting. this means more blocked shots/hits.

Hande Baladın did a good job coming from the bench. Both Gala's new transfers did a good job : Meryem Boz and Hande Baladın. Hande will play as starter in her club which will help her improve her passing,defensive and other qualities..

Cansu Özbay did a good job. i like her distribution. she made mistakes too but playing and gaining more experience will make her better. Being a good setter needs a long time,she is at the beggining of her career.i find her game brave,that is a good quality for a setter to be better. Guidetti should use Gamze at times when Cansu's game goes down. i dont know if Guidetti will go to Japan with two or three setters ?

Zehra Güneş did a pretty good job. she has the talent and needs to work more on her talent. lets see if Guidetti will use her or Kübra or both in TL (resting Raşiç)

• Tuğba Şenoğlu seems to have done well at the Mediterranean Games 2018 (MG 2018)

if her reception is enough at the moment,Guidetti should take her to Japan for the WCH 18

Neriman Özsoy would be useful as an experienced offensive player..couldnt she be persuaded for the WCH 18 ?

Gamze Alikaya should play more with this team to have a good connection with the players considering she will be the other setter in the team.

i didnt like OPP Ceren K's game even at the MG 2018..well she could be more experienced than Ebrar but i prefer Ebrar over her.

• Read this in Turkish forums. Looks like Neriman's husband answered yesterday that she won't return to the NT but today Neriman changed her name on instagram back to her maiden name and deleted all the pictures she had together with her husband.

I won't be surprised if her old decision of not joining the NT was because she wanted to spend more time with her husband since she also played in Japan. Now she might return. If he invites, I hope Guidetti considers her as an opposite, not an OH. Meryem is pretty inconsistent though she definitely deserves her spot in the NT as the main opposite. However Ebrar really needs a year of good training before she enters such a serious stage. I think having Neriman as a back up opposite can help a lot.

• apparently the three wing-spikers are determined. meliha-hande and seyma. I really do not like fulden. maybe seyma is still not sure of playing the World Cup. maybe tugba, neriman, derya cebecioglu (?) and saliha can play.

I think the setters will be Cansu and gamze

opposite meryem and ebrar

libero simge and gizem

MB eda, beyza, zehra and ??? - maybe yasemin? kubra want to go back? sude demirel?

we will see how turkey will play in montreux (turkey will not be able to play with U19 players like derya, sude, merve atlier, ilkin) and we will see how these U19 players will play the European U19

• Meatballs, Neriman as opp would work too..(btw, would she accept to be a backup OPP or OH ? )

dagdelenler, i think i woudnt take Saliha Şahin to Japan..Tuğba Şenoğlu would be my choice..i dont know much about Derya Cebecioğlu's status..if she is ready or not etc..Derya could be more talented but Tuğba is more experienced..

on the MBs : Kübra should be ready for the WCH..if not, then one of Dicle,Büşra,Aslı, Bahar instead

• Dicle could be good actually as another MB option, I know she is not close to the others in attacking level and she can be a bit arrogant at times but she is the 2nd best Turkish blocker after Eda to me and I did see that mainly we needed 1 more good blocking MB in this VNL as Zehra and Beyza lacked sometimes.

Tugba should also be added to the team instead of Fulden probably

• i'd have liked to see Fulden Ural playing..she had played againt Brazil in the preliminar round but it was for a short time

i agree with Altinli that Tuğba Şenoğlu should be added to the main roster and play in the friendly/preparation tournaments but on the other hand i havent been following Tuğba for a while..what about her reception currently ? Meliha,Şeyma,Hande etc..none of these players has solid reception..Meliha and Şeyma are relatively better ones..just bcz of this reason i wonder if an OH with good passing such as Fulden (i remember her reception was good/ok,..isnt it? ) or Fatma Yıldırım would be added to ?

seems Guidetti wants to use a second libero (like Aylin Sarıoğlu) to solve passing problems at times..this could mean no Fulden no Fatma ??

• Giovanni Guidetti summons 17 players for the world championship.

Lifters: ozbay, aydinogullari and sahin

Opposites: karakurt and boz

Central: erdem, arici, gunes, kalaç

Tips: senoglu, sahin, baladin, ercan and ismailoglu

Liberos: akoz, orge and sarioglu

Note: I missed the central akman and guveli. I do not like kalaç. The aydinogullari lifter should not be summoned, but kilic. Ozsoy, kirdar (ex sonsirma) and neslihan should not even come back. Alikaya Vitra lifter was not called, it looks like she's getting married, I do not know if she's going back to the world.

• is this final roster ? or could it change ?

i never expected he would call Cansu Aydınoğulları and Elif Şahin as setters..Elif Şahin is very young..Turkey needs a much more experienced setter..Cansu Aydınoğulları is an experienced setter but should she have been called? i dont know..where is Gamze Alikaya ,Ezgi Dilik ?

whats Guidetti's problem with Ezgi Dilik ? :(

Aslı Kalaç as the fourt MB is ok..she has a good serve however where is Kübra Akman???:sos:

its nice Tuğba Şenoğlu is called..on the other hand those OHs are pretty young , one wants to see at least one experinced OH to help them ?(

liberos are ok to me

Neriman Özsoy could still help both as OPP and even OH

• I really do not know what to talk about elif sahin, I think we'll have to wait and see her playing. about cansu A. I definitely did not like it, we have several other players like sila, aslihan, ezgi dilik, cagla akin

on the MB eda and beyza attack in zone 2, zehra is different. Turkey needs a MB as zehra, for me, asli is a very bad MB.

• Who are the big guns added to this roster over the VNL squad? And how do you think they will help? Doesn't Turkey have some world class setter that didn't play VNL, or I think she retired?

I don't know these players (and all the ones who didn't play VNL) well enough to say 'this one' over 'that one', but I admire Gui for going young. He's on a mission :super:

I know there were criticisms here and there over some of the VNL players but I thought they played very well. They made me enthusiastic for a team I knew nothing about. And they took the reigning World Champs to a Gold Medal Match Tie Break.

• I really do not know what to talk about elif sahin, I think we'll have to wait and see her playing. about cansu A. I definitely did not like it, we have several other players like sila, aslihan, ezgi dilik, cagla akin

on the MB eda and beyza attack in zone 2, zehra is different. Turkey needs a MB as zehra, for me, asli is a very bad MB.

Elif Şahin is a tall setter.she must be around 190 cm. think Guidetti wants to have a good blocking setter as Naz. that could be the reason.

i didnt use to like setter Çağla Akın. I dont know about her current level. im not sure if Sıla Çalışkan or Aslıhan Kılıç could have made a difference in the NT as setters .i dont think so. we will see how setter Sıla Çalışkan will play in Fener with Terzic..they are not bad but not very good either. Aslıhan seems to have "soft fingers" however she seems to be slow to me, doesnt she to you ? On the other hand i would like to see Ezgi Dilik with this young lineup she is a fast and dynamic setter..Aslı Kalaç as MB is ok consdering she will be the fouth choice but Kübra Akman could have played as starter in some matches when Zehra doesnt play well enough..i dont think this will be the final roster

• Who are the big guns added to this roster over the VNL squad? And how do you think they will help? Doesn't Turkey have some world class setter that didn't play VNL, or I think she retired?

I don't know these players (and all the ones who didn't play VNL) well enough to say 'this one' over 'that one', but I admire Gui for going young. He's on a mission :super:

I know there were criticisms here and there over some of the VNL players but I thought they played very well. They made me enthusiastic for a team I knew nothing about. And they took the reigning World Champs to a Gold Medal Match Tie Break.

according to the roster above..Tuğba Şenoğlu (OH,184 cm, 20-yo) .she is ayoung talented OH and we cant consider her a big gun for now...the most important setter of Turkey is Naz Aydemir who is having a maternity break and will be back later (not for this WCH)

Guidetti calls a very young setter namely Elif Şahin ( 190 cm, 17-yo)..she is just 17 yo :white:

• btw..i watched MB Merve Atlıer (191cm, 18-yo) and i didnt like her for now..she had seemed good to me checking through some stats of hers but i saw her semi final performance and didnt like her offensive game that much (maybe the setter wasnt giving her good sets as well) she reminded me of "young" Bahar Toksoy..lol

on the other hand..she was 17-yo playing in Argentina 2017 WCH..she could have improved in one year and that could be the reason why her stats looked good to me in one year..she could have been a better player playing in the last ECH qualification matches etc..

also,i didnt like libero Simay Kurt who is in the same generation.

• Elif Sahin is tall, promising and very young. But I'm gonna be honest I never liked her whenever I saw her on court yet, I remember disliking her game a lot actually and remember thinking she was one of the main reasons Turkey choked at U tournament vs Italy when they were 24-18 up losing 24-26. I do like Cansu Aydinogulari but agree that calling her was a bit random. Regardless I will trust Gio on this, Cansu needs a good back-up though that's for sure because she's still inexperienced and has her ups and downs.

I'm btw also happy Kubra is being punished for being one of the most lazy local players finally, she should not think she will always get a spot just bcs she is close to 2M s and stop working on her game bcs of that. Diouf had been punished previously on team Italy and now its Kubra for Turkey. Ofc she would help and be a good addition to the team but this state of her where she thinks she's the biggest blessing to Turkish volleyball needs to stop, I'm happy Gio cut her and maybe learned her a lesson. (in case that this is official I'm saying this ofc)

I don't know why you guys think we desperately need some extra good/experienced players for the upcoming Wch. I mean yea previous tournament does not guarantee anything for the following ones but I don't think we possible could have dreamed a better performance then what these girls showed us at VNL/WGP. This was a better perf. then even our best players at their peak, not even them could just accomplish that like that. I thought we needed one more name offensively at the start of the tournament but throughout the tournament Hande stepped up and took that role. Tugba can also help as another extra. I do like Neriman however she also has problems apparently with Gio so Idk if it's likely...

Other then that I'm happy with the roster and think we can do great.