Japanese NT 2018

• I don't like Nakada's tactics. She may have been an excellent setter, but she does not have a coaching skill. I'm disappointed Japan got worse than last year. especially defense. Japan enter an easy group at WCH ( host country!! ), but it will be a difficult competition for Japan.

Araki, Nagaoka, Sato (setter), Nomoto, Kobata joined training camp.

• still no Miyashita and Arisa? :wall:

I don't like Nakada's tactics. She may have been an excellent setter, but she does not have a coaching skill. I'm disappointed Japan got worse than last year. especially defense. Japan enter an easy group at WCH ( host country!! ), but it will be a difficult competition for Japan.

Araki, Nagaoka, Sato (setter), Nomoto, Kobata joined training camp

• still no Miyashita and Arisa?

Arisa isn't even on the long list of NT.

Not that it would happen, and I certainly don't know the rules ... but can a team, midyear, just say "Oops" and change who is on the roster?

• Why though? She is the next Sano for eff sake! The liberos on VNL have made a bad impression on me.

Are you asking Why Arisa isn't on the long list?

I don't think anyone except Nakada knows.
    So we have to make stuff up :teach:
    Like it's Nakada's way of getting back at Manabe for not taking her Hisamitsu players to Rio :P

I'm so bad :wacko:

• I think Nakada is doing a great job in transition post-Saori-Takeshita-Sano era.

Japan only needs to develop that one special player to compliment the Hisamitsu supporting cast. Two if they have two special MBs in the pipeline of Japan.

The key is patience. Japan is a nation of short people. The rare case of a skillful six of volleyball athletes above average height will always be rare until the homegeneity in Japan breaks down between races. Japan have to evolve in its gene make up to be dominant in volleyball again. People may not like it but the low zero population growth is damning the generation of Japan athletics involving height. Zero population growth is not bad if you are overpopulated but if the nation is not growing, quality has to improve but unfortunately, quantity limits the chances of quality from existing.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• *** Breaking News ***

Miyu Nagaoka finally makes her return to the NT after a long absence due to injury. Nakada has named Nagaoka as one of the 14 players to go to the Asian Game in Indonesia next month.

Official Japanese NT Roster for 2018 Jakarta-Palembang Asian Game to be held in Indonesia from August 18th - September 2nd

Setters:

• 10. TOMINAGA, Koyomi - Saitama Ageo Medics, 1989.05.01, 175cm, 68kg
    • 12. SATO, Miya - Hitachi Rivale, 1990.03.07, 175cm, 62kg

Opposite Hitters:

• 1. NAGAOKA, Miyu - Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Springs, 1990.07.25, 179cm, 64kg

Outside Hitters:

• 4. SHINNABE, Risa - Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Springs, 1990.07.11, 173cm, 64kg (also OP)
    • 7. ISHII, Yuki - Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Springs, 1991.05.08, 180cm, 68kg
    • 11. NABEYA, Yurie - Denso Airybees, 1993.12.15, 176cm, 55kg
    • 17. NOMOTO, Rika - Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Springs, 1991.09.21, 180cm, 72kg (also OP)
    • 19. KUROGO, Ai - Toray Arrows, 1998.06.14, 180cm, 69kg

Middle Blockers:

• 3. IWASAKA, Nana - Hisamitsu Springs, 1990.07.03, 187cm, 75kg
    • 5. ARAKI, Erika - Toyota Auto Body Queenseis, 1984.08.03, 186cm, 81kg
    • 9. SHIMAMURA, Haruyo - NEC Red Rockets, 1991.04.03, 182cm, 78kg
    • 13. OKUMURA, Mai - Japan Volleyball Association, 1990.10.31, 177cm, 69kg

Liberos:

• 15. INOUE, Kotoe - Japan Volleyball Association, 1990.02.15, 162cm, 55kg
    • 16. KOBATA, Mako - JT Marvelous, 1992.08.15, 164cm, 56kg

Source: www.jva.or.jp/index.php/international/2018/asiangameswomen/member

• Golly Shucks.

I'm glad the libero experiment of the VNL is over. I like TOE Mana but she's questionable at the international level. Too bad we didn't get to see NAKAGAWA Yumi. She's the one who shows confidence and leadership on the floor--no slight to Kotoe or Mako.

Pins and needles re: Nagaoka. Risa can sub her if she needs it.
    Happy to see Araki back (although it's at the expense of my GF) ;(
    Sad about Miya Sato. Tashiro is better.

Japan is getting closer to finding their A Team :super:

No Koga! :whistle:

I really wish Nakada would have chosen more youngsters. The team is getting old. Nomoto is good but what's thte point? I watched NAKAGAWA Miyu play at the Summer League and she looks promising, and I still have hopes for Arisa Inoue.

onward and upward

• I'll never understand the Koga thing. Nakada sent her home for a week and then she comes back and scores at will against Poland and DOM. Then she went missing, again.

• Japan trying to build a 30+ team for Tokyo?

• Miyuki Takahashi (Shin) gave birth to a baby boy yesterday:rose:

• Miyuki Takahashi (Shin) gave birth to a baby boy yesterday:rose:

Oh that’s nice for her ☺️. I guess Shin is not anymore involved in any volleyball activities and just wanted to be a mom? Btw Ryu, do you have any knowledge or idea why Koga is not included in the line up for Asian Games? Is she being rested for World Championships? Or something else? Hope you can give us any idea. Thanks in advance Ryu San ^^

• According to JVA's instagram, it seems that these 16 players went to America.

S- Tashiro, Sato, Tominaga

MB- Shimamura, Araki, Iwasaka, Okumura
    OH- Koga, Kurogo, Nomoto, Ishii, Nabeya

OPP- Shinnabe, Nagaoka
    L- Inoue, Kobata

Schedule

July 22-29 Training at the American Sports Centers in Anaheim

July27 Friendly exhibition match USA-Japan at Tustin High School in Tustin, California

• Sarina Koga is a mere 348 miles away from me. <3 I'm giddy.