2018 / 2019 Transfer News

• Franciele Stedile (OH,BRA) and Olga Vergidou (S,GRE) from OrPo (FIN) to Pannaxiakos (GRE).

Alex Reid (OH,USA) from Liigaploki (FIN) to Pannaxiakos.

Panagiota Dioti (GRE,OH) from Pannaxiakos to Vasas Obuda (HUN)

• Anna Spanou (OH,GRE) from Bangkok Glass Volleyball Club (THA) to GS Ilioupolis.

Elena Kountoura (S,GRE) from VFM Volleyball Franches-Montagnes to Panathinaikos.

Sofia Kosma (OH,GRE) and Maria Labrinidou (MB,GRE) from inactivity to Panathinaikos.

• Ewelina Brzezińska (Sieczka) from Proxima Kraków to Sigel Pallavolo Marsala.

Anna Miros (Podolec) from Proxima Kraków to KSZO Ostrowiec.

• VC Wiesbaden signs USA OPP Jennifer Hamson. After playing volleyball in NCAA, she switched to playing professional basketball and played in WNBA last season, now she returns to volleyball :what:

This is a big sign. If she gets back to half of the player she was, Wiesbaden will be very dangerous. She was a point machine with Brigham Young. I didn't expect her to leave basketball, I heard she loved it way more than volleyball. She has been a star college player in both the sports, but basketball seemed to be her real passion. She is as tall as tower: basically she can spike over most of the blocks. Not the best player to watch if you want to see a perfect technical style, but so damn effective: she reminds me to Tayyiba Haneef: very tall (she's a tower), a little bit slow, but more athletical.

Just take a look:

Sorry for the OT. This made my day, definitely! :obey:

• That's weird. Surely it's somewhat of a career regression? :/

Maja Savić is coming back to Serbia, she'll play in Železničar Lajkovac next season. She could have probably done better as well.

Wasn't she as good as Stevanoviç while both were in junior NT:teach: Serbia has so many 'promising' stars that never turned out to be a good player (I remember also Sara Klisura)

• Well, I wouldn't compare her to Klisura. Not everyone is destined to become a world class player like Stevanović, but Savić turned out alright and has had some very good performances in Poland, so I'm surprised she's returning to Serbia (although her future club Železničar is probably the only club here that has at least some kind of money and a hint of ambition). But I guess that's what happens when the market is getting more and more limited by the day.

I agree with Matthias that the Romanian league seems like a bubble that's going to burst sooner and later, but the way things are right now, it will have to do for a lot of players at the moment.

• Speaking about Maja, she played better and better every season. She spent last season in Muszyna but the club was closed and she had to look for another club. There were a lot of rumors she will play for Developres, but Żabińska decided not to take maternity break and they already had 4 foreigners (the limit is 3 on court) so Savić wouldn't play at all. Definitely, she deserves more than serbian league.

• I would have to check the stats again but Savic certainly ended the season among the TOP 5 middles. Her and Randenkovic was a great duo, that`s why Pomi signed Danica and that`s why I posted on the Serbian NT page saying it was not fair that both of them were not invited for the NT. So I`m extremely surprised Savic was not able to find a better club like Danica did...very disappointing because she can totally play in a stronger league.

• Galatasaray dissolved the contract of Inky Ajanaku because of her current injury. Too bad, I really wanted to watch her and although I never watched her, I was hopping to see she would get her shape back since everybody said she was a good prospect.

I also wonder who is free for Galatasaray but that should be for discussion topic.

Forgot to add the link from Voleybolunsesi.com;

https://www.voleybolunsesi.com…p?cid=08&id=38306&topic=2

• This is the second season in a row she will miss just before it started becuase of an injury. ;(