2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors and Discussion

• Oleg Antonov moved to Galatasaray.

Any info about his current shape?

Too bad.

He played only 17 sets for Ural Ufa and his stats were just terrible :aww:

Attack: 15 kills / 49 attempts (31%)

Reception: 31% (positive), 10% (perfect)

• I agree with Yavor's asessment here.

And i may add that even"off the court" Berlin could, for the moment, be a good choice for him. Remember, this is his first time playing abroad and there are many many russians/russian speaking people in Berlin, including almost every aspect of cultural and social life.

Still, the difference between Moscow and Berlin is about as overwhelming as it gets in terms of culture; Moscow is glamourous and flamboyant while Berlin is a mecka for decadent underground subculture with a lot of hippies, hipsters and other outsiders. I visited Berlin just some weeks ago during christmas-new years eve and have to say the capital is dirty and hackneyed, in particular the area of Kreuzberg plus its surroundings.

James Shaw signed with ZAKSA as opposite.

Where did he start the season? Let's also mention the reason for the transfer - ZAKSA's back-up opposite Slawomir Jungiewicz hasn't fully recovered from his knee injury. According to ZAKSA's website, Shaw, known as a setter until now, might have switched positions permanently from now on.

• Where did he start the season? Let's also mention the reason for the transfer - ZAKSA's back-up opposite Slawomir Jungiewicz hasn't fully recovered from his knee injury. According to ZAKSA's website, Shaw, known as a setter until now, might have switched positions permanently from now on.

He finished his college studies until the end of 2018

• Where did he start the season? Let's also mention the reason for the transfer - ZAKSA's back-up opposite Slawomir Jungiewicz hasn't fully recovered from his knee injury. According to ZAKSA's website, Shaw, known as a setter until now, might have switched positions permanently from now on.

James Shaw left Perugia to finish his degree. He announced over the winter holiday season he was going to try to play again at opposite since he thought that might be the best option for him to contribute to the US national team.

You can read a bit more about it here:

https://volleyballmag.com/international-men-010119/

• If Douglas really goes to Taubaté, then he will miss a year in his career, for sure, no excuse for a player with such good prospects like him, accept to be o bench. I wish he go play abroad, but in this scenario, I prefer to see him in Campinas.

We already don't have Rodriguinho playing full time, for a long time in his team, and that's retarding his development, we don't need more young outside hitters on bench, NT need they more then never now.

saishuu Here`s another example.

Now I`m done with this topic.

peace

• saishuu Here`s another example.

Now I`m done with this topic.

peace

Can you please be fucking done with it after saying it 15 times:aww:

• I just noticed that Jan Zimmermann (German NT, setter, 26 years old, 190 cm), following Grankin's transfer to Berlin, signed with Greenyard Maaseik at the end of March. Maaseik's starting setter Jay Blankenau suffered a back injury and a replacement was very much needed.

• Zenit Saint-Petersburg will try to attract several big names for the next season.

These names are on the radar of the one-time Russian Championship and Cup runners-up: the French setter Antoine Brizard from VERVA Warszawa ORLEN Paliwa (Poland), Kuzbass duo Viktor PoletaevDmytro Pashytskyy, and on of the best outside hitters in the world Egor Kliuka from Fakel. Allegedly, Zenit St.Petersburg are ready to waive German opposite hitter Georg Grozer.

Source: https://www.worldofvolley.com/…fer-attack-in-summer.html

• Zenit Saint-Petersburg will try to attract several big names for the next season.

These names are on the radar of the one-time Russian Championship and Cup runners-up: the French setter Antoine Brizard from VERVA Warszawa ORLEN Paliwa (Poland), Kuzbass duo Viktor PoletaevDmytro Pashytskyy, and on of the best outside hitters in the world Egor Kliuka from Fakel. Allegedly, Zenit St.Petersburg are ready to waive German opposite hitter Georg Grozer.

Source: https://www.worldofvolley.com/…fer-attack-in-summer.html

So I guess Kovalev will have to find another club if this is real? Brizard would be pretty cool and an eyecandy for the fans so I'm not complaining. lol

My only complaint(well, actually two but same problems really) about this is Poletaev and Kliuka. They're great players but also have a sorry streak of injuries so they need good reserves for the two players in order to remain competitive and consistent for the league and european competitions.

Also damn at this thread not being updated since May 2019. :lol:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Also damn at this thread not being updated since May 2019. :lol:

well, this is the thread for the 2018 season, so it makes sense it hasn't been updated in ages lmao we even have one for the current (2019) season. but perhaps it's time to make one for the 2020/2021 season?

• I’m not sure which thread I should put this post on, so admins please feel free to move my post to the appropriate thread if you find it to fit better.

I’ve just stumbled upon the fact that Maarten van Garderen switched to play beach volleyball in 2017 summer, and immediately achieved a 4th-place finish at the World Championship! Has he ever played professional beach volleyball again after that summer?

For a player of his caliber, would he earn more as an indoor volleyball player?