2018 / 2019 Transfer Rumors and Discussion

• The new rumor from ... the media of South Korea: "a Chinese player participating in the matches between NTs" - I guess he is Liu Li-bin (OH). Therefore: Liu Li-bin: Tourcoing Lille Métropole Volley-Ball (FRA) --> JT Thunders (JPN)

It is Liu Libin, the transfer is almost complete. Is it possible that he can play at the same time when Edgar is on the court or can you only play with 1 overseas player in the Japanese league?

• Rumour from Poland that Stocznia Szczecin will let go most of their players because their club sponsor backed out from their agreement.

Verona and a club from Russia are contacting Hoag and Kurek respectively because they have not received their salaries for quite some time.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Rumour from Poland that Stocznia Szczecin will let go most of their players because their club sponsor backed out from their agreement.

Verona and a club from Russia are contacting Hoag and Kurek respectively because they have not received their salaries for quite some time.

Zenit St. Petersburg, as a replacement for the injury-plagued Camejo, according to WoV.

https://www.worldofvolley.com/…nue-career-in-russia.html

• Zenit denied this rumour :)

According to the new rumours in polish websites, Kurek will join Asseco Resovia Rzeszów and Anna Grejman Developres Rzeszów :D

• Hearing speculations about Kaziyski move to Trento but take that with a grain of salt.

I'm not sure if they can afford him but it would be nice to see him back and Trento's having a problem with the third OH with van Garderen or Cavuto, maybe they can get some help from the bulgarian.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Any news about Simon Van de Voorde after Szczecin withdrawal?

• Sergei Grankin from Dynamo Moscow to Berlin Recycling Volleys
    https://www.volleyball-movies.net/transfers/2018-19

8|

Now that would be a move.....

His contract in Moscow was obviously resolved but so far, nothing on this on german media,

When in mood and shape, he has always been one of my favourite setters to watch. Once confirmed, i will check immediately if there are still tickets available for Berlin's gig in Lüneburg.

Are there any known reasons why he is leaving Dinamo? Bad performances by Grankin and/or lack of money at Dinamo?

• Grankin is now registered as player for Berlin on VBL website, so in theory he can play today.

Can you tell us more about Bundesliga's foreign player limitations? Adding a russian setter to the sum of their united nations of liberos, opposite, outside hitters and middle blockers is making me dizzy. :gone:

#FreeBritney

• Can you tell us more about Bundesliga's foreign player limitations? Adding a russian setter to the sum of their united nations of liberos, opposite, outside hitters and middle blockers is making me dizzy. :gone:

There are none....

• Sergei Grankin from Dynamo Moscow to Berlin Recycling Volleys
    https://www.volleyball-movies.net/transfers/2018-19

It's a suprise. Berlin can not keep good foreigner players though. Their current roster is not good. Last week in CL 4th round, Berlin lost to Skra as expected. Grankin should have no problem finding a decent club in Russia or Italy. Going to Berlin looks like a downgrade.

• Are there any known reasons why he is leaving Dinamo? Bad performances by Grankin and/or lack of money at Dinamo?

I don't know the basics, some of our Russian friends will have to share insights. From the little information I read, there might be some disciplinary reasons for the decision, which was otherwise announced as "mutual agreement". I remember Grankin had some issues with the Dinamo Moscow management, whether because of internal problems or some sports reasons I don't know, but he also switched to Belgorod as a result of the same problems perhaps last year, so this situation doesn't quite come as a shock.

It's a suprise. Berlin can not keep good foreigner players though. Their current roster is not good. Last week in CL 4th round, Berlin lost to Skra as expected. Grankin should have no problem finding a decent club in Russia or Italy. Going to Berlin looks like a downgrade.

Which brings us to his choice of moving to the German capital. I agree that he is a good enough player to sign with almost any team but this is hardly possible in the middle of the year. Bigger teams have setters and plans for the season and the only opportunity to sign with a better team is if they are in crisis. To me, the only options were Lokomotiv Novosibirsk (the team is underperforming and Konstantinov had issues with Drzyzga), Belogorie (they only rely on Poroshin and Bagrey), Berlin/Resovia (obvious crisis and some money), or Halkbank (just like that, Halkbank is always an option for some top players). I guess Russian teams were not necessarily looking for new players, maybe even Belogorie didn't get in contact with Grankin this time, so Berlin is somewhat logical and not bad an option for him. Time will show if it was a downgrade or not, but it is better for him to find motivation and even play in the Bundesliga than stay grumpy in Moscow.

• Which brings us to his choice of moving to the German capital. I agree that he is a good enough player to sign with almost any team but this is hardly possible in the middle of the year. Bigger teams have setters and plans for the season and the only opportunity to sign with a better team is if they are in crisis. To me, the only options were Lokomotiv Novosibirsk (the team is underperforming and Konstantinov had issues with Drzyzga), Belogorie (they only rely on Poroshin and Bagrey), Berlin/Resovia (obvious crisis and some money), or Halkbank (just like that, Halkbank is always an option for some top players). I guess Russian teams were not necessarily looking for new players, maybe even Belogorie didn't get in contact with Grankin this time, so Berlin is not a bad or even somewhat logical option for him. Time will show if it was a downgrade or not, but it is better for him to find motivation and even play in the Bundesliga than stay grumpy in Moscow.

I agree with Yavor's asessment here.

And i may add that even"off the court" Berlin could, for the moment, be a good choice for him. Remember, this is his first time playing abroad and there are many many russians/russian speaking people in Berlin, including almost every aspect of cultural and social life.