Russian NT 2018

• Goncharova in her interview mentioned about they will play in Switzerland (Volley Masters) and Netherlands before World Championships. Does anyone know what kind of tournament will arrange in Netherlands? ?(

• Goncharova in her interview mentioned about they will play in Switzerland (Volley Masters) and Netherlands before World Championships. Does anyone know what kind of tournament will arrange in Netherlands? ?(

Yes there is! :thumbsup: It's a friendly tournament called the rabobank super series. It is held from 7 to 12 august. The participating teams are Turkey, Italy, Russia and the Netherlands. Each team will play against each other in the groupe stage, after that they play the finals.

• Any ideas if Zaryazhko will be joining the team?

Well, I think she will join NT. I read the article Startseva, Kosheleva, Koroleva, Galkina will join NT in WCH. But this question is not proper for us, this question is better to ask Pankov ;) it is better to wait who he will choose at the end. Shcherban's situation is uncertain, there is no any news she also trains for NT or not.

• Zaryazkho/Koroleva will certainly be part of WCH roster, she and Fetisova has been Russia's starting MB since EuroVolley 2015 so no surprises there unless she develops an injury.

Speaking of recovering from injuries, I don't think Kosheleva will be at her optimum level even if she manages to train and be part of the WCH roster. Her decline in her performance started in late-2016, and her attack became only worse in 2017 way before her injury so I don't think it's a realistic idea to assume she will have the attacking efficiency she had in the past. Voronkova may not reach Kosheleva when the latter was at her peak, but she is slowly improving. With Goncharova + Voronkova, Russia will still be competitive in the wings.

• https://m.sport-express.ru/vol…hem-to-nerealnym-1400314/

İt is a bit old article, Goncharova admitted that she didnt think they could get medal of WCH, it seemed surreal to her. She admitted that last year was awful all of them because of lack of coach. The coach often changed players and they did nothing and she wanted Federation took it under their control because she said that they trained hard and it was sad, didnt see any results. She said that she wanted to get medal of WCH and they would work hard to get it.

• The new preparation cycle has started. In the training camp there are:
    Setters: Startseva, Romanova, Ryseva
    Middles: Samoylenko, Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Fetisova, Efimova, Lyubushkina, Lazarenko
    OH: Parubets, Voronkova, Kutyukova. Biryukova, Kotikova, Krotkova
    OPP: Goncharova, Malykh
    Libero: Galkina, Talysheva

• The new preparation cycle has started. In the training camp there are:
    Setters: Startseva, Romanova, Ryseva
    Middles: Samoylenko, Koroleva (Zaryazhko), Fetisova, Efimova, Lyubushkina, Lazarenko
    OH: Parubets, Voronkova, Kutyukova. Biryukova, Kotikova, Krotkova
    OPP: Goncharova, Malykh
    Libero: Galkina, Talysheva

No Scherban? At least Krotkova/Khodunova was invited she is a good replacement for Scherban. I hope Biryukova does not make it to the final roster. And finally no Malygina you will not be missed :wavy:

• Honestly I'm also shcoked to not see Scherban here, I was really expecting to see her back this time. That's a big loss for Russia imo, they needed a player like her and the others can't deliver... At least not enough of them

• Gamova, Muserskiy and a few volleyball players criticized the ministry of russian sports for giving away Master of Sports to world cup players.

I am halfway in agreement with the two. The Master of Sports did lose its value but football and volleyball is different. Almost worlds apart and its unfair that the football players are getting these criticisms for only making it to the quarterfinal considering they almost made it to the semi-final if not for botching the penalty kickout against the eventual silver medalist, Croatia.

I still find the criticisms valid but Gamova should've search for more diplomatic words in my opinion.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

• Any news on the open OH spot?

Parubets and Voronkova are obviously in the WCH team and Kotikova should be too (was with the team most of the summer and did pretty well).

Kutyukova is a usually pretty good in reception but not convincing in the NT, Yurinskaya didn't get the chance to show whether she is ready for the NT. IMHO Shcherban seems to be the best and only choice unless they want to get creative and call Frolova, Bavykina, Sperskayte or Pasynkova...

• Thinking the same thing. If Malygina was summoned this late to NT, is it possible to call Shcherban too? Such a shame Krotkova got injured. Russia found a decent duo of balanced OHs with her and Parubets.