Italian NT 2018

• Lubian is a great attacker but her blocking is non-existent right now. Of course she`s only 18 and she will improve but I don`t think she`s ready for WCH and I think Folie will be deeply missed.

I have to say I`m a little disappointed with Pietrini.... but I think that has to do with @Togut telling us that she`s so great and for sure she will be starting for Italy in Tokyo. :)

I think she`s "very promising"...but she`s not even close to be considered as a starter for Tokyo.... we r only 2 years away....and I don`t think she will be ready. Especially considering that Italian Teams does not trust Italian Players...if she signed with Scandicci for the 2019-2020 season she will probably end up on the bench just like all the other Italians.

And if they had all this faith in her they would have her starting every game right now.... But this is not happening and they already brought Boseti back.

• I am not agreed with this word. If Italian clubs don't give a chance how Malinov, Cambi, Orro, Egonu find the place on court :) I think Italian coaches mostly give a chance players who are talented :whistling: Pietrini must deserve it like proving herself as Cambi, Orro, Malinov, Egonu etc... If she plays well I am pretty sure that coaches will give her a chance to fight on court :|
    Mazzanti gave a chance to Lubian and Pietrini. Lubian showed her in a good way, but depended on difficulties of her position Pietrini was not ready for being a main player now.

• Malinov and Cambi spent their first season on the bench, so what I`m saying is if Pietrini comes to Serie A after Club Italia and spend a year on the bench in the year of the Olympics, she surely won`t be ready to play at the Olympics. Even if Zhu spend a year on the bench her level will drop.

Pietrini is only what 18?? She must be playing full time in order to improve otherwise she won`t ever get there.

...Egonu is a rare case.

Bonifacio won the championship with Novara after having a great season....and what happened in the following season??? She got benched.....

I`m surprised that you are saying you don`t agree ...because just the other day you actually said Italian Teams does not trust Italian players and you even mentioned Djkema / Cambi as example.

I am not agreed with this word. If Italian clubs don't give a chance how Malinov, Cambi, Orro, Egonu find the place on court :) I think Italian coaches mostly give a chance players who are talented :whistling: Pietrini must deserve it like proving herself as Cambi, Orro, Malinov, Egonu etc... If she plays well I am pretty sure that coaches will give her a chance to fight on court :|
    Mazzanti gave a chance to Lubian and Pietrini. Lubian showed her in a good way, but depends on difficulties of her position Pietrini is not ready for being a main player now.

• It is really interesting this week Mazzanti didn't give a chance to Guerra, instead Sylla played full games. I guess that Guerra's performance didn't satisfy Mazzanti :whistle:

• Some personsal considerations.. The italian team is getting shaped, we are starting from the positive aspects of 2017. The team has just to work a lot, they are young and they need to train. I would just like to know how things would go if Folie and Cate would be with the team.. Sylla is doing well, she is adding so much fire!! :super:
    Egonu: I don't know if somebody has already mentioned, but she reminds me even more of Mireya Luis with those hair :obey:

• Ok...player`s hair is a big deal for me ...

Sooo.... I love Egonu a bit more with the shorter hair... for whatever reason she just looks taller and more powerful with the shorter hair....same as Boskovic.

edit: I meant to say I prefer Boskovic with the longer hair.... She actually looks very very pretty with the shorter hair when it is down...but on the court and I just love her longer phonytail.

Egonu: I don't know if somebody has already mentioned, but she reminds me even more of Mireya Luis with those hair :obey:

• I love Egonu a bit more with the shorter hair

Egonu's hair goes down to her butt! What are you talking about. I think she's gorgeous with it like that (referencing their game last week v CHN). I didn't like her look with it bunned up (last year I saw her).

Hair is important!

• Even though I think Ortolani is very good OPP, I hope Mazzanti will not put her as starter over Egonu at WCH and put Egonu at OH position after both Sylla and Pietrini showed that they can be second OHs next to Lucia Bosetti.

This Italy team has chance to make big things at WCH as I said if they played VNL from start with their best players not only that they would reaxh Final 6 they could win that competition.

• I think that Egonu will be starting OPP, but if you have her and Ortolani in the team you have other solutions to use. You could switch Egonu to OH and use Ortolani as OPP, this is a great opportunity to consider: you have fire in attack, while Bosetti and De Gennaro could take care the reception. I hope they use this time they have to gain the best form and game.

• Yeah but did you watched how good Sylla was against China ?? If She keeps playing like that at WCH I don't see reason to put Egonu at OH position. For Italy is better to have sub for Egonu because sometimes you can't stop her how great She is in attack but sometimes you can't stop her from making errors so Ortolani would be perfect sub in this situations.

I think it is great for Italy to have options. Sylla or Pietrini and if this two can't work than you can put Egonu or even Ortolani at OH position even though I think She said that She doesn't want to be OH anymore. But anyway many options.

• personally I would say Sylla (OH) + Egonu(Opp) is morw explosive then Egonu + Ortolani and I'd prefer the first. Also Egonu is more of a liability then Sylla as receiver imo also it will reduce her offensive game. However I don't hate seeing Egonu as OH and think Ortolani can be a good Opp at times. It is definitely a nice back up plan to have when Sylla + Egonu does not work!

• Yes, I agree with you guys. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my last message: to me the best line up is with Egonu as OPP, Bosetti and Sylla as OH. Miriam is playing great, she adds fire in attack and in the team spirit. Anyway if anything goes wrong, we have plan B with Ortolani ;)
    I just hope all the girls will remain healthy and train hard :box:

P.s. Pietrini won this morning the U18 title with her team, Volleyro. In final she defeated 3-1 Lilliput Settimo Torinese, where Lubian was playing. Pietrini got the MVP award and had 25 points in the final match :super:

• I wish Pietrini will be a starter at the WCH, know she's very young but I liked her bravery in the last matches and I loved her impetuous diagonal attacks ,plus she's a much better server than Sylla :D

I don't know what happened to Bonifacio,she was in the wide roster but was never with the team, maybe she's injured :?:
    I would've liked to see her play,I think she is a better attacker than both Chirichella and Danesi.
    I also believe that Malinov needs to be more consistent,she had many ups and downs,but Cambi looked ready when she had to replaced her.

• Orro was with Nt in the last VNL group. She was in the stands, so I imagine she is training with NT still...but she is the youngest of the setters, so maybe Mazzanti doesnt wanna get ahead of things, plus Malinov and Cambi are doing a good job.

• i was surprised to see egonu receiving service in that one match but she wasn’t a disaster. ortolani can also receive service well, so the question is, which position is better for each player to attack? wouldn’t ortolani prefer 2, and egonu 4? i do agree however that both sylla and bosetti are needed in the ITA system. while i like pietrini too, i wish he would give guerra more chances, she has improved a lot. mingardi hasn’t been impressive yet.