Italian NT 2018

• Not sure it's the right place to wrote it, but today Sara Anzanello - gold messa at 2002 WCh - passed away at 38 ;( She had a liver transplant in 2013, I guess things went wrong for her..

One of her last social post were to congratulate the Girls for the silver...

Oh, I'm terribly sad. Rest in peace, Sara.

• Today the NT went to visit the Italian Republic President, Mattarella, and the girls and the staff members were all very glad and impressed by how well he knew them (like he remembered every name) and the WCh events, because that showed them he really followed the WCh, with genuine passion and interest.

• Some yeras ago there was a video with Italian NT singing a song and playing on instruments. Actually many of that times players were in this video (I remember for sure Del Core and Lo Bianco). They were wearing NT jerseys as far as I remember. Do you have link tot his video?

• I think you mean this video:

https://youtu.be/5LfasYq6y_w

They shoot it nust before London 2012..

That video was quite terrible in my opinion. Made with no good taste at all, and it reminds me of the very bad atmosphere inside the Italian NT group during that period.

Barbolini had completely lost the control of the team, with veterans Gioli, Lo Bianco, Del Core and Costagrande basically taking his place and deciding who had to play starter and who had to stay in bench (and who had to stay at home). There was a huge gap between the veterans (the starters) and the backups (very young and submissive), as if they were two separate teams.

I remembr when Gioli all of a sudden became Opposite:aww:but after trying all summer of course they realized it didn't work so Carolina Costagrande took her place a few weeks before London2012, despite she had never played in that role in her career before.... we played the Olympics without a real OPP and got kicked out by South Korea.

That was the last match of Barbolini as head coach of Italy NT.

• I remember that time. The atmosphere during the Olympics was simply awful. I remember seeing it on their faces during the timeouts. And they had just won the World Cup a few months before. I thought Italy would finally reach semifinals in 2012, but it didn't happen. And also Ortolani getting cut was weird...

• I think you mean this video:

https://youtu.be/5LfasYq6y_w

They shoot it nust before London 2012..

Thank you very much!

That video was quite terrible in my opinion. Made with no good taste at all, and it reminds me of the very bad atmosphere inside the Italian NT group during that period.

Barbolini had completely lost the control of the team, with veterans Gioli, Lo Bianco, Del Core and Costagrande basically taking his place and deciding who had to play starter and who had to stay in bench (and who had to stay at home). There was a huge gap between the veterans (the starters) and the backups (very young and submissive), as if they were two separate teams.

I remembr when Gioli all of a sudden became Opposite:aww:but after trying all summer of course they realized it didn't work so Carolina Costagrande took her place a few weeks before London2012, despite she had never played in that role in her career before.... we played the Olympics without a real OPP and got kicked out by South Korea.

I have the same feelings. It was well known what was going on inside Italian NT and such behaviours destroyed possibility of this team to gain olympic medal. Interesting is purpose of this video :)

• That video was quite terrible in my opinion. Made with no good taste at all, and it reminds me of the very bad atmosphere inside the Italian NT group during that period.

Wasn't Bosseti a receiving OPP, and Costagrande non-receiving OH?

• i did not know all that drama in the ITA NT at the time. all i remember is how ITA won the WC, and all of a sudden gioli is playing OPP in the GP. i remember london was full of surprises, the two pools were so unbalanced, BRA struggling in pool play, which meant poor RUS had to face them in QF, then JPN and KOR surprising their QF opponents...

i did not know ortolani was cut. i think centoni also did not play in london, and picci was on the bench...

• Ortolani was Italy's best scorer during GP and all of a sudden she was cut. Then she went to a farm to pick up some peaches :lol:

• Valentina Diouf, after her impressive monster game against Osasco in the Paulista-final representing Bauru, was interviewed about, among other things, a potential return to the national team: https://www.zazoom.info/ultime…no-esserci-le-condizioni/

Surely, if Diouf could maintain this level of inspirational play, better than before in her career, she would be a potential asset for any team. For Italy, either as a back-up for Egonu or if it would be possible to pull through, as an OPP with Egonu converted to a role on the wing, perhaps together with Pietrini on the other side.

• Valentina Diouf, after her impressive monster game against Osasco in the Paulista-final representing Bauru, was interviewed about, among other things, a potential return to the national team: https://www.zazoom.info/ultime…no-esserci-le-condizioni/

Surely, if Diouf could maintain this level of inspirational play, better than before in her career, she would be a potential asset for any team. For Italy, either as a back-up for Egonu or if it would be possible to pull through, as an OPP with Egonu converted to a role on the wing, perhaps together with Pietrini on the other side.

And who would receive in that team? The MBs?

• the few times i saw egonu as passing OH -- first a few years ago, she was terrible; more recently, she was decent... but i don't think that's what's in her future. unless she wants to emulate tom or mari...

diouf burned a lot of bridges... is there a future for her in the NT????

• Barbolini didn't call her at all, only in Beijing when Del Core was out for heart problems and Aguero was flying to Cuba because her mother was dying. It seems he didn't like her style. In those years, after Aguero we had Ortolani, Bosetti and Gioli as OPPs.. then came Mencarelli with Diouf and then Bonitta who finally called Centoni back.

• Barbolini didn't call her at all, only in Beijing when Del Core was out for heart problems and Aguero was flying to Cuba because her mother was dying. It seems he didn't like her style. In those years, after Aguero we had Ortolani, Bosetti and Gioli as OPPs.. then came Mencarelli with Diouf and then Bonitta who finally called Centoni back.

What kind of heart problems dod Del Corr have? I can't remember