Italian NT 2018

• from the times she was playing for Dinamo Kazan ?

No, in 2008. Officially, in Polish newspapers she was not fully recovered after injury. But I remember also interview with Barbolini when he decided to cut her - he said that there are many ambiguities around her, and he has to make a decision, so he cuts her.

Actually anybody knows why Del Core didn’t play at WCH 2006? She played at WGP but what happened after that? I always had impresssion that Barbolini didn’t want her that time.

• so interesting to read all of this background info... i was not following VB much until recently, all my knowledge from ITA at the 2008 olympics is from watching old tapes. my understanding of barbolini was always negative. it's a pity that ortolani was away from the team at her peak years. and also centoni... i recall one match in beijing where both of them played, along with piccinini, when aguero was traveling.

and now reports from brazil is that diouf is playing really well... ITA next year or in tokyo might be interesting. diouf and egonu as OPP????

• Guys, those rumors about Del Core suspected of doping are totally fake.

In 2006 I don't remember why she was cut, but in 2008 she was cut for the Olympics simply because after some tests she was diagnosed a heart disease. Later she did further medical examinations and she turned out to be ok.

Anyway doping has nothing to do with her absences in NT.

• Bosetti or Pietrini. Egonu instead of Sylla. Right now Pietrinis reception isnt good enough, but maybe in the future, like 2020.

After all the stellar progression Sylla made, why do you think she wont be one of OHs? Egonu is a killer as Opp, it does not make any sense to bring her to OH and lose power both in reception and attack. Valentina Diouf is showing a huge potential, but, remember, we saw this before. If Diouf return to NT, she needs to be patient and work, step-by-step, especially when we are seeing such a great connection in the NT right now.

• After all the stellar progression Sylla made, why do you think she wont be one of OHs? Egonu is a killer as Opp, it does not make any sense to bring her to OH and lose power both in reception and attack. Valentina Diouf is showing a huge potential, but, remember, we saw this before. If Diouf return to NT, she needs to be patient and work, step-by-step, especially when we are seeing such a great connection in the NT right now.

It´s one tournament, she´s yet to consolidate that level into a broader context, such as an entire Serie A-season or other national tournaments like OG/ECH. Still we have not seen her play that good for a longer amount of time, so I still find her as a bit of a question mark. I mean, people consider Syllas WCH-campaign as a huge success, but in the most important moments she crumbled under pressure against stronger opposition. For example in the final against Serbia, Sylla killed merely 8/29 balls for an effecitivity of 27%. She is a bully against weaker opposition for sure though. Yes, she showed undeniable signs of progress, still I am not sure whether she is an irreplacable, reliable world class asset for Italy and hence my suggestion of an alternative option, of which, and this is a important remark to make, I still do not say is the best solution but merely a relevant one, i.e "up in the air" for further discussion/debate.

• Well Sylla is just at the beginning but she proved she can play on high level. In short time she developed so much and was really impressive. To me it is Diouf that has to prove herself: she is absent on hogh level since 2014, and her seasons weren't convincing. Now she is good in Brazil, but there is all the season in front! We will talk in April.. if she wants to come back she also has to avoid some drama!

• Sylla and Diouf "not playing well"...there is only one reason for people to say that and we all know what it is.

• Sylla and Diouf "not playing well"...there is only one reason for people to say that and we all know what it is.

I know what it is.... It is their personal opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. It is no different of you saying Claudinha is such a terrible a setter. She is a very good setter as she led 2 different rosters to the SuperLiga final.. Only setter to reach the final as a non Osasco or Rio in many years. But still all u do is bash her without giving any credit.

U simply does not like Claudinha personally... And u have the right to do so. Just like some people has the right to dislike Sylla and Diouf. And their skin color has nothing to do with it.

• I know what it is.... It is their personal opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. It is no different of you saying Claudinha is such a terrible a setter. She is a very good setter as she led 2 different rosters to the SuperLiga final.. Only setter to reach the final as a non Osasco or Rio in many years. But still all u do is bash her without giving any credit.

U simply does not like Claudinha personally... And u have the right to do so. Just like some people has the right to dislike Sylla and Diouf. And their skin color has nothing to do with it.

Oh yes, it is EXACTLY the same thing. Comparing Claudinha to Sylla, because they are at the same level. One of them was the best OH in a World Championship. The other...well...she's won a Superleague with the best team of the country.

The problem here is their skin, we all know that but some just don't admit.

• Oh yes, it is EXACTLY the same thing. Comparing Claudinha to Sylla, because they are at the same level. One of them was the best OH in a World Championship. The other...well...she's won a Superleague with the best team of the country.

The problem here is their skin, we all know that but some just don't admit.

sorry but i i miss the point...problem for WHO ? for the coaches or fans or the head of fivb ?

• Everyone can like and dislike whoever they want indeed, though I have to point out it annoys me a player like Sylla still has to 'prove' herself and basically doesn't get any credit and validation for her achievements, not even a safe spot in NT (in some ppls eyes) after her brilliant performance which was the reason for Italian silver IMHO however Pietrini (Literally hasn't done and/or achieved anything yet) in so many people's eyes is always 'the future' and is always mentioned in future NT talks and overly praised all the time.

Hey, I don't know whether thats bcs of their skin color or something else but I do notice these things :/

Not trying to say people here are being racist or anything but racism is of course out there and if we want to eliminate it fully one day we will have to acknowledge and ACCEPT it is out there first instead of sugar coating racist articles and trying to look past some obvious matters :whistle:

• Everyone can like and dislike whoever they want indeed, though I have to point out it annoys me a player like Sylla still has to 'prove' herself and basically doesn't get any credit and validation for her achievements, not even a safe spot in NT (in some ppls eyes) after her brilliant performance which was the reason for Italian silver IMHO however Pietrini (Literally hasn't done and/or achieved anything yet) in so many people's eyes is always 'the future' and is always mentioned in future NT talks and overly praised all the time.

There. Someone gets it! It's so easy to think a little bit instead of trying to excuse your racism.

This is just another case of the very usual situation of black people having to do their job twice as hard to get the same recognition as a white person. Sylla perfomed a hell of a tournament and just because she underperformed in the final she gets trucidated online. I'm 100% sure if that was Pietrini in her place, all the comments would be "oh no, but she's too young, she still has time to work on her nerves."

• There are so many players that are underrated but it is not they are white. Egonu is one of the players who get the most praise despite being black🤔

I call this BS claiming lack of appreciation for diouf and sylla

• some of them could be criticism ?

I don't know. Brazilian users are the ones saying people does not like Sylla because she's black. Maybe they can explain their side if they want to.

I personally think Sylla is great and I'm not saying this just now. Go look for past posts and you guys can see when I talked about her potential. But I also don't think people that does not like her are racist.

• I don't know. Brazilian users are the ones saying people does not like Sylla because she's black. Maybe they can explain their side if they want to.

I personally think Sylla is great and I'm not saying this just now. Go look for past posts and you guys can see when I talked about her potential. But I also don't think people that does not like her are racist.

ok.thanks