Italian NT 2018

• I don't know. Brazilian users are the ones saying people does not like Sylla because she's black. Maybe they can explain their side if they want to.

That's literally what we've been doing, but thanks for the input!

• I used to think Sylla was a decent player but nothing special. She pretty much proved me wrong in the WCH though and I'd think she definitely will be a major part of the NT for many years. Sure Pietrini or others may surpass her in time, but at this stage Sylla's place in the NT is more than comfortable.

• I don't know. Brazilian users are the ones saying people does not like Sylla because she's black. Maybe they can explain their side if they want to.

I personally think Sylla is great and I'm not saying this just now. Go look for past posts and you guys can see when I talked about her potential. But I also don't think people that does not like her are racist.

What do you really want me to explain? I said it already. I think people in the forum and outside it keep wanting some players to show more and more when they don't need to. People keep talking about Pietrini, but I've never even seen her play. Sylla is one the best OHs in the world as she proved in the WCH. The color of their skin is YES an issue for some people.

And no, it's not the BRAZILIAN USERS saying that. Other people have commented on that.

• Watched Novara vs Club Italia tonight and I was positively impressed. Egonu and Chirichella's Novara had to play 100% to beat them and Populini was MVP, she was very strong and tough both in attack and serve and kept the reception. If she goes on like this she will become an excellent addition to the NT roster in two years.

• Many players from starting 6 are having a bad season so far (Chrichella, Malinov, Sylla and Danesi) Bosetti is not doing spectacular job neither. Expe:whistle:tations will be very high for this young team, I am curious if they can show the same success in OG with only Egonu

• Many players from starting 6 are having a bad season so far (Chrichella, Malinov, Sylla and Danesi) Bosetti is not doing spectacular job neither. Expe:whistle:tations will be very high for this young team, I am curious if they can show the same success in OG with only Egonu

I wouldn't say Danesi is having a bad season at all. Her season so far has been AMAZING. She is getting better every day and becoming one of the best MB in the world.

Malinov and Sylla are playing for the first time in a top team as starters, with some ups and downs but overall they are doing well, while Bosetti is great as always in passing/defense and very smart in attack (exactly like during WCH).

I agree with you only about Chirichella, she is not anymore one of the best Italian MB and she shouldn't be in Italian starting six next summer. In the short term, Folie and Bonifacio should take her place (together with Danesi of course), and in the long term also Lubian and Fahr will be better than her.

Sylla? She was at her best at both Cups..and that is what matters. A lot of players are great in regular season and games that does not matter but they are a no show in important games. Sylla shows up when it matters.

• I'd say Danesi is having a great season and is easily the best Italian MB at the moment. Sylla is still extremely inconsistent and you never know what you'll get from her, but when she's on, she's unstoppable. Malinov has been rather underwhelming so far.

Chirichella is not doing well but it has to be said that Carlini is making her life very difficult. Yes, she should be doing better in the blocking aspect regardless of the setter, but her confidence must be pretty shaken and it shows in her entire game. We saw what it looked like in the Cup final when Camera came in and gave her a couple of sets she could actually work with and boosted her spirits, she immediately became a much bigger force at the net as well.

• Danesi is playing particularly well lately btw I agree about that, for me right now the best Italian MB, great blocker too and becoming world-class also if not already. And I used to dislike Danesi, but she won me over :heart:

Meanwhile I used to like Chrichella actually a lot but I completely lost that for her :/

Italy has more prospects anyway...

• Olivotto is also doing really well.

But the good news for Italy is on the OH...Villani is playing well and showing a lot of potential to grow. She`s the 10th best score and 2nd among OH. Plus she`s 1,87cm tall.....Italy has been struggling with the height of their OH`s lately. Hopefully Pietrini can stay health...Nwakalor shows great potential, too bad she`s so short but I think she could be like Fe Garay, height won`t stop her as she`s so powerful.

• Don’t forget about C.Bosetti. She is coming back from injury and She is playing really good.

Lucia has better defence but Caterina has better attack and serve. On reception they are the same. She can help her NT for sure.

• Last season Ortolani played amazing but this season She is out of shape. So I think other players deserves chance

• Ortolani said she's done with the NT. She was more like a guide for young players and being on the bench wasn't a problem for her.

IMO the other opposite will be Terry,she should've already made the team last season but her injury screwed anything.

I hope the drama queen won't come back :down:

• I would go with Enweonwu or Nwakalor. They are young and promising, they have all the time and chances to develop. Otherwise I would still choose Ortolani, Sorokaite never convinced me on high level.

• By drama queen u mean Diouf? :lol:

Italy's future is already set in the following years having really good and young players. I think all they need is a backup OPP and a younger libero who can replace degennaro coz that is such a huge shoe to fill. Degennaro is amazing.

• By drama queen u mean Diouf? :lol:

Italy's future is already set in the following years having really good and young players. I think all they need is a backup OPP and a younger libero who can replace degennaro coz that is such a huge shoe to fill. Degennaro is amazing.

I was thinking of her also. Haha. I agree, I think Italy has the most youth potential currently. With Egonu leading the group, they will be a tough opponent for a long time.