Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• Very excited to see Taylor Agost play in Aachen. She came to volleyball as a sport quite late and is still really developing (getting better week to week). I expect her to score a bunch of points in the German league, with better setting. I predict her to be the breakout star in Bundesliga this season!

• Surprisingly state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern doesn't allow state capital Schwerin to give additional 2 million Euro to SSC Palmberg Schwerin to upgrade the Palmberg arena. Typical both support their state standout sports team, therefore I'm pretty sure, that they decided correctly, that it would be totally illegal to allow Schwerin to support the extension of the hall financially. The core reason is the bad financial situation of state capital Schwerin. On the other hand I don't expect anybody to sue the state for such a positive decision. But politically this is of course a dangerous approach. Maybe Schwerin can find some private money to get things done? Let us wait, what will happen... details are hidden behind a paywall of svz newspaper online.

• Middles Emily Thater and Wivian Gadelha de Souza stay in Erfurt.

And according to the article that concludes their planning. Once again a rather poor roster, the only enforcements compared to last season are Sagardia and Kosonen IMO. I'm surprised about Wivian staying, I thought she performed rather poor last season, no comparison to what she showed in Straubing before.

• And according to the article that concludes their planning. Once again a rather poor roster, the only enforcements compared to last season are Sagardia and Kosonen IMO. I'm surprised about Wivian staying, I thought she performed rather poor last season, no comparison to what she showed in Straubing before.

They have not even a second setter, so they must hope, that Sagardia stays healthy and can cope alone with the task. I think, they expect also an early end in DVV cup and just want to avoid being the last professional team this time again, not more.

• I assume Erfurt will take their youngster Antonia Greskamp as 2nd setter into the 1st team.

Meanwhile also Potsdam complete their team with two 17 year old players, setter Roxana Vogel and L Frances Kauffmann. In other words: they have money for only 9 professional players and in order to have a full roster promote some youngsters into 1st team :rolleyes: Time will tell if either of them is really talented (also counting Weske and Wilczek who have already been in the team last season).

• The new software makes the forum looking more fresh and will hopefully work now flawlessly, but the title entries of the posts vanished. I add now the team names as headers explicitly on first page as replacement.

• The new software makes the forum looking more fresh and will hopefully work now flawlessly, but the title entries of the posts vanished. I add now the team names as headers explicitly on first page as replacement.

I cant go to the last post. how can i do that?

• Dresden signs MB talent Camilla Weitzel for 3 :!: more years.

Good decision for both sides IMO. Next season she can focus on finishing school and still practise on very high level, and I'm sure after that she is going to have a bigger role in the team.