Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• Judging from the current team roster of Suhl on their website, it looks like 40 year old libero Miloslava Lauerova will still continue to play next season :white:

They will announce two transfers in the course of this week.

I know of another libero who already has written them as her club in her instagram bio (curly-blond, rather short name and quite successful last weekend)...

EDIT: Just saw that the agency announced the signing over a month ago 8| , so it's no "secret" anyway:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BksVILqn7Az/?taken-by=scb_group

Good luck, fun player to watch, IMO.

• Yup, good transfer. I suppose Lauerova will help as reception substitute or in case of injuries then...

Meanwhile Aachen complete their roster with USA MB Madison Farrell, and in Dresden the press articles about Segura's transfer say that she completes their 14 player roster, which should mean that Rica Maase and Camilla Weitzel are confirmed for next season even though they weren't explicitly announced.

• Sure it's allowed. Wiesbaden will have only 11 players as well and I assume Suhl won't have more than that either. Most clubs simply can't afford 12 or even 14 players, they rather go for 11 quality players.

It depends, if you are participating in European Cups and in which one. For CL you are required to have at least 12 players, but clubs like Wiesbaden or Aachen would never be able to afford financially the participation therein (not because of one player more). Even in CEV cup 11 players suffice, despite it is not recommended. Maybe Challenge Cup, which is now done by Aachen, requires only 10? But I don't know for sure.

• Current standings of rosters due numbers (in braces: completed/(not) confirmed as such=supposed):

Stuttgart 13 (yes)
    Schwerin 12 (no)
    Dresden 12 (yes)
    Aachen 11 (yes)
    Wiesbaden 11 (yes)
    Münster 12 (no)
    Potsdam 11 (no)
    Vilsbiburg 10 (no)
    Suhl 9 (no)
    Erfurt 9 (yes!)
    Straubing 7 (no)

• Interesting transfer for Suhl: they sign former JNT captain Steffi Kuhn. She was in Dresden's roster some years ago but decided to focus on her job education and played only 2nd league for a while, now she decided to pursue her volleyball career again more intensely. She was one of the more talented players of 96/97 generation, so if she can get back to that she can be a good prospect.

• Interesting transfer for Suhl: they sign former JNT captain Steffi Kuhn. She was in Dresden's roster some years ago but decided to focus on her job education and played only 2nd league for a while, now she decided to pursue her volleyball career again more intensely. She was one of the more talented players of 96/97 generation, so if she can get back to that she can be a good prospect.

Yes, I remember her well, and wasn't aware anymore, if she was still active at all. She was both good in reception and in attack, we will see, how she performs with one of the underdog teams of the league.

• I wonder if there's any chance that Vanjak is going to play MB in Münster as well. Might be better for her NT career in the long run...

I think she can get much better as OH. Her passing is not good enough right now, especially when she did some mistakes before. But she should relly get more time on this position.
    I did not really like it that Koslowski took her as 3rd MB for weeks. Hopefully it was no suprise for USC Münster!

• I did not really like it that Koslowski took her as 3rd MB for weeks. Hopefully it was no suprise for USC Münster!

I understand that from Münster's point of view it's bad, but as I said before, for her NT career I think it might be better, and for NT itself too. MB position has been flat out disastrous ever since Fürst and Ssuschke have left, and in the short time Vanjak played on that position she proved to have bigger potential than all the "real" MBs that played in NT in the last 3 years. Schölzel is at least young and talented, but everyone else simply isn't on international level neither physically nor in terms of technical skills. Vanjak at least has the height and the power, if she can work on the technique to play as MB she can be really good I think. Sure she can also be a good OH, but at least as far as NT is concerned, MB is a much more urgent emergency position.

• Suhl hires McKenzie Jacobson, a 2.03 m (!) tall middle from USA (Arizona Wildcats). This is a new record in this league, because so far another US middle from Dresden a few years ago hold the record in height with 1.98 m.