Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2018/2019

• Aachen choked big time in the fourth set! In the end the setter went to Jasper over and over again but she couldn't kill the ball:down:

• Both Schweriner and Stuttgart won todays matches with 3-0. Again a final between the two of them. I hope Schweriner is going to win the finals!

• From the potential I would see Stuttgart as a favorite. But i think it will be more a Mental Game. So i see Schwerin as a easy Favorite in the Finals.

• From the potential I would see Stuttgart as a favorite. But i think it will be more a Mental Game. So i see Schwerin as a easy Favorite in the Finals.

Former Stuttgart headcoach Hernandez claimed 50:50 chances in the finals this year - by the way, Stuttgart has now also a special mental coach, former Dresden beach volleyball player Anni Schumacher ^^ .

• Former Stuttgart headcoach Hernandez claimed 50:50 chances in the finals this year - by the way, Stuttgart has now also a special mental coach, former Dresden beach volleyball player Anni Schumacher ^^ .

50/50 or 51/49 etc. If the Series ended 3:0 for anyone it was a big surprise . Think 4 or 5 Games we see this year.

• I'm also hoping for (and expecting...) a long final series this year! Both Stuttgart and Schwerin proved to be one level above the rest of the league, though also both showed that they're vulnerable in the playoffs so far. Stuttgart still haven't sorted out their reception issues while Schwerin is going to be in trouble when Drewniok isn't doing well because there is no backup for her. In the previous matches Adams stepped up her game but if Stuttgart can manage to take both Drewniok and Adams out of the game (plus keep an eye on Szakmary coming off bench), then Schwerin will be in trouble. On the other hand, if Stuttgart can't avoid Schwerin serving Poll and/or Wilhite off the court, they will be in trouble, because let's face it, neither Julia Schaefer nor the current version of Renata Sandor will be good enough to win the championship.

• After renewing with Mrdak and Radosova, Dresden's current roster is:

Mareen von Römer, Rica Maase, Piia Korhonen, Lena Stigrot, Nikola Radosová, Katharina Schwabe, Ivana Mrdak, Camilla Weitzel, Lenka Dürr.

In order to be competitive with Stuttgart and Schwerin again, they will need one OH with very good allround skills. Stigrot and Radosova are too weak in reception and Schwabe is too weak overall. If they can find a really good OH and function well as team they can be for sure better than this season!

• Emma Cyris in Dresden for 3 years. For me it will be like with Strumilo 3 years on the bench and without playing.

So Dresden has Radosova, Stigrot, Schwabe and Cyris as OHs right now. In order to win titles they definitely need someone else, so I guess you might be not too wrong with your guess. OTOH they want to loan Rica Maase to another club where she can get more playing time, so maybe Dresden is planning with Stigrot or Cyris as option for OPP position...

• But I think so Piia will stay that for sure is not place in opposite. I don’t know really plan of Dresden but for me is wrong direction for her and you have more examples from league Steumilo, Lohman, Petter. One good is Witzel play only I hope that Alex don’t change mind in next season to contract one more good and she will be on bench.

• Schwerin announced, that the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern will take care at a prize of 200,000 Euro for the required extension of Palmberg Hall (VBL demand). This reveals once more, how big the support there is, despite they have both no money available generally speaking (state and capital), so principally speaking, this is illegal financial support (but nobody will go to court for it of course).

• Final series starting today, Stuttgart vs Schwerin at 16:10 CET live on Sport 1 :super:

Hoping for a good series most of all, I still think Schwerin is the slight favourite, but it's nearly 50:50. It will depend on which team will be able to exploit the other team's weaknesses better I guess...

• If anyone finds a link can you post it please !