Serbian NT 2018

• Terzic should take Mirkovic instead of Zinkovic... she will certainly retire from the NT with Maja after Tokyo...and then what`s Serbia gonna do?? Mirkovic should be there to gain experience that would actually be very helpful starting in 2021....Oh well....

I don`t feel bad for Antonijevic....her performance showed how great you get by playing in such lower level leagues... Better for her to focus only playing club anyways.

• Malagurski must be sick of this every year, not that she deserves to be picked on current form, but how much longer will she continue to spend the summer with the NT before inevitably not being picked for major tournaments?

We know what this team can do, if the players are fit they can beat any team in the world. Hopefully they do themselves proud and come back with a medal, with a little luck it could be a gold one.

• Well, guess who didn't make the last cut-off, like the last 135 times? :roll:

Of course Sanja is out...

I also feel sorry for Antonijević. She deserves to play at WCH.

• I don't think ana showed anything special this summer. She was definitely good in the past but after so many serious injuries and playing in low level leagues she is not the players once she was. I'm curious if Maja will be with the team till Tokyo? I can imagine she will skip 2019 Ech and mirkovic can play there with zivkovic then. Let's see if malesevic can deliver as much as blagojevic. She wasn't impressive in Turkey

• Jeez, what's her problem? I mean, she even was Zivkovic's sub a few times, why not Maja? Does she hate her that much?

with Maja in the team, it’s not likely for her to get playing time while with Zinkovic, she will get her playing time if she performs well. And also it’s not that hard to replace Zinkovic since she plays so boring and all she knows is setting to Branicka and Boskovic.

• Sad for Blagojevic. She was finally getting her chance and then she gets injured :wall:

PS: No offence to anyone, but I often see people on this board call Zivkovic "Zinkovic" and I'm really not sure why this mistake is made.

• Terzic fight Antonijevic so he is called Ognjenovic.

Source (Turkish ):https://twitter.com/voleybolde…tatus/1041345659117469696

To explain this in more detail: according to a Turkish source, voleyboldefteri, Terzic kicked Antonijevic off from the NT after a fight. In another tweet he wrote that Maja was convinced to come back but she asked to be the captain as well and she got it. Now Serbian NT is divided in half and some girls are not talking to each other at all. Not sure why he tweeted such a thing but I don't see a reason why he would lie.

I agree on Serdar about Ana, she was not that impressive this summer.

• To explain this in more detail: according to a Turkish source, voleyboldefteri, Terzic kicked Antonijevic off from the NT after a fight. In another tweet he wrote that Maja was convinced to come back but she asked to be the captain as well and she got it. Now Serbian NT is divided in half and some girls are not talking to each other at all. Not sure why he tweeted such a thing but I don't see a reason why he would lie.

Wow, the drama begins, lol. Wonder who's not talking to whom!

Joke aside, I hope this does not affect their team spirit.

• To explain this in more detail: according to a Turkish source, voleyboldefteri, Terzic kicked Antonijevic off from the NT after a fight. In another tweet he wrote that Maja was convinced to come back but she asked to be the captain as well and she got it. Now Serbian NT is divided in half and some girls are not talking to each other at all. Not sure why he tweeted such a thing but I don't see a reason why he would lie.

well, that voleyboldefteri is such a drama queen. He always exggerates and makes a big fuss about his gossips. He says ooh i got big news but i can’t share because i promised not to share and now all of a sudden he gives this big piece of information after being abscent from twitter for months. He was just Grindering out there giving no attention to volleyball and came back and trying to get attention.

I am not saying he is not correct or this is absolutely false since I don’t have any clue about this incident, but I knew for a fact that this guy just likes attention and trying to get it.

And he said “i just learnt Maja is back to NT” OMG thats like old news lol.

• I hope this fight won`t affect their relationship ( Terzic & Anna) with Fenerbache. Hopefully they put this aside.

I find hard to believe some girls are not talking with each other....I follow them on social media and they are always posting photos and mostly of the time there`s a bunch of them together...and it is not always the same group of girls. But the only player that I don`t see much on the photos is actually Maja....but I think she`s very private and she does not like taking photos....even when i see some pics with the Vitra girls Maja always looks uncomfortable.

Unless Terzic said something and the girls don`t agree with....Something similar happened in 2014 during the GP finals when Ze Roberto said Brazil had only 1 setter ( Dani Lins) as Fabiola did not count as she was useless....and then the whole team side out with Fabiola and were angry with Ze.

Maybe some of the girls does not agree with Maja asking to be the captain?? I don`t like this also.... Rasic should be kpet as the captain.

I hope this isn't true, the team won't go far without good team spirit.

It's a shame for Ana, but really her performances weren't good enough. If Serbia are going to do well at the WCH then they need their setter to play well. Maja is reliable and his performed at a high level for the NT hundreds of times, Zivkovic and Antonijevic weren't showing the required level so I understand why Terzic wanted her back.

On the other hand, I don't really see why Maja needs to be the captain. Obviously she is a super experienced and respected member of the team whether she is captain or not so I don't see why she'd make a big deal about being captain. Whoever is chosen as captain, it doesn't matter. The other players need to respect Terzic's decision and get on with their job, i.e. winning volleyball matches. A fight in the dressing room won't help anyone.

I find hard to believe some girls are not talking with each other....I follow them on social media and they are always posting photos and mostly of the time there`s a bunch of them together...and it is not always the same group of girls. But the only player that I don`t see much on the photos is actually Maja....but I think she`s very private and she does not like taking photos....even when i see some pics with the Vitra girls Maja always looks uncomfortable.

I agree with all of this, I think whatever issue there is has been exaggerated and hopefully the players will just get on with the game.

• Terzić and Rašić are really close and I really doubt he'd strip her off the captain title unless he was completely sure she's fine with it. Also, I'd hope that he learned his lesson after all the crap that happened 10 years ago and would not allow anything that would disrupt the team spirit again.

As for Antonijević, she and Terzić are going to have to work with each other next season in the same club, so I hope they're both professional enough not to allow whatever problem they may have to escalate beyond the point of no return.

I think this has been all blown out of proportion. On the other hand, there's almost nothing to be found about this list in Serbian media, no comments, no additional info... It hasn't even been posted on the federation's website yet, and they're usually super up to date. It strikes me as somewhat odd and perhaps is an indication that something's going on.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• I find hard to believe some girls are not talking with each other....I follow them on social media and they are always posting photos and mostly of the time there`s a bunch of them together...and it is not always the same group of girls. But the only player that I don`t see much on the photos is actually Maja....but I think she`s very private and she does not like taking photos....even when i see some pics with the Vitra girls Maja always looks uncomfortable.

There does seem to be a "core group" of players that are ALWAYS hanging out together - Rašić, Mihajlović, Živković, Stevanović and Malešević (+ Bjelica). And most of them seem to be really close to Antonijević as well, so...

I mean, I realize it's just baseless speculation and it's perfectly natural that in a bigger collective there would be established groups of those who feel the most comfortable around each other. It happens on every single team.

However, I'm starting to get a bad feeling somehow. But then again, I very often do :lol:

• Well, the 2018 NT season is over. We know how it ended 8) And I think there's not anything else left to be said about the likes of Tijana, Brankica and Maja, so I'm gonna comment on some other players, both the positive and the negative impressions.

The good:

- Silvija Popović: Hands down the tournament of her career. For the first time ever I thought the libero position was an actual strength for Serbia. Not that it was exactly a weakness before, but it wasn't something that made a difference. This time it did.

- Stefana Veljković: Very underused in attack for some reason all tournament long, but she was very decisive almost every time she got a chance, including scoring on some very important points. She could have been a bit more effective with her blocking, but she's definitely back on the right track after some seriously disappointing performances earlier in the season in VNL.

- Bianka Buša: I don't think she would have made it to Japan had Jelena Blagojević not got injured and she certainly wasn't expected to have any sort of a big role on the team. And then suddenly she found herself in the starting line-up in medal matches! To be clear, she wasn't brilliant by any means, but she did her job better than anyone thought she would. This time she truly deserved to bring home a medal.

- A special mention goes to Bojana Milenković. Of course, we'll never know how her nerves would have held up in matches that matter the most, but what she displayed before her injury was extremely promissing. Wishing her a speedy and full recovery :rose:

The bad:

- Tijana Malešević: A total non-factor at this tournament. Losing her place in the starting line-up with the TWO rivals for her position being down and out of the game must be alarming for her. She's still without a club, which she says she's not worried about, but I don't think this tournament will increase her chances of securing a new contract. I don't know how she went from being an incredibly important team asset to this in just a year, but she needs to do something to get her career back on track.

- Ana Bjelica: No one is expecting her to do what Tijana Bošković is doing, but she hasn't shown she's capable of taking some pressure off Tijana, with should be her main job on the team. Serbia should be looking to find a reliable back-up OPP in the near future.

Undetermined:

- Jovana Stevanović: Four seasons on the national team and she's still struggling to really make a mark there. It looks like Terzić is having less and less trust in her and her play time is becoming quite limited. From sharing MB2 position with Veljković she's essentially been reduced to a bench player at this tournament. We all know what she's capable of, but when it comes to NT, something is just not clicking.

• What will happend with Maja till Olympics ?? I mean She is 34 in Tokyo She will have 36. That is not something bad with setters but still :what:

Brava for her anyway...