Serbian NT 2018

• They are playing in BIH friendly matches**

Saying that Banja Luka is in Serbia is very political because Banja Luka is in BIH so administration pls ban things like this on forum. Thank you.

• That's right, sadly. She had to undergo a minor knee surgery and won't recover in time for WCh. Malešević will have to step up now.

I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but Mina Popović was operated as well and is definitely going to miss the WCh.

• That's right, sadly. She had to undergo a minor knee surgery and won't recover in time for WCh. Malešević will have to step up now.

I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but Mina Popović was operated as well and is definitely going to miss the WCh.

Any news about Mihajlovic? Is it sure that she will be ready for WCh? So the serbian OHs will be Mihajlovic, Malesevic, Milenkovic and Busa?

• Blagojević had knee surgery in Poland. She already joined the Developres team and will be ready to play on November.

• Blagojevic said she felt better and she wants to be back as soon as possible. According to people from Developres, she might join the national team. It will depend on Terzic's decision.

• Blagojevic said she felt better and she wants to be back as soon as possible. According to people from Developres, she might join the national team. It will depend on Terzic's decision.

That`s great news....especially if Developres are ok in letting her go back that shows she might truly be ready to play...( I just hope she`s not being rushed back).

Not knowing what current shape and level of play Malesevic will show that makes Blagojevic as a important asset for Serbia.

• Brankica in action with NBA players Miloš Teodosić (the former boyfriend of Maja Ognjenović) and Boban Marjanović. :box::lol:

She should be fully ready for this final part of team preparations.

In other news, this will be the last season on NT for Bojana Živković.

From next season on she'll be known as Bojana Drča. :P

• Terzić has ruled out the possibility of Blagojević playing at the WCh. He doesn't think she'll be ready and is not willing to risk anything.

OTOH, Brankica is now training with the rest of the team, she's obviously not in top shape yet, but it's expected to be OK by the time the WCh begins. Anyway, even if she's, say, at 80% of her abilities, she's an invaluable asset to the team.

Serbia will not be playing a lot of friendlies. Apart from that game against Bulgaria, they're also going to play some matches against Turkey in Istanbul, and will play against Mexico in Japan shortly before the start of the tournament.

• Terzić has ruled out the possibility of Blagojević playing at the WCh. He doesn't think she'll be ready and is not willing to risk anything.

Yes, you are right. She was in Serbia last week but today she came back to Rzeszów. That means she won't play at the WCH.

• I wonder what it means :/ Lozo was never going to make it to Japan, so it's not much of a surprise, but I don't know what to make of the other two.

If Antonijević is out of contention already, it surely means Ognjenović and Živković will go to WCh, as I can't imagine Mirković would get the nod over either of them.

Veljković is even weirder. She was goddamn awful throughout the VNL, but there wasn't anything physically wrong with her that I know of, and she's had months to regain her form. And in any case, we can't go to Japan with only 3 MBs, one of them being a total newbie!

But then again, maybe Ana and Stefana have some kind of small injury or physical ailment and Terzić wants to rest them a bit.

• it is reportedly said Antonijevic and Veljkovic have minor injuries which require prescribed treatmentsl so they are not travelling this time. I hope this won't affect their chances of going to WCH.

Terzic is not with the team for these friendlies too as he has to travel to his new club team for some obligations.

• Serbia playing with Maja-Boskovic Stevanovic-Rasic Mihajlovic-Milenkovic-S.Popovic. I guess Malesevic is still don`t have to where she was and I wonder if she will ever be back ...her reception has been just important as Boskovic-Mihajlovic`s spikes .....let`s see how Milenkovic will handle the pressure if she does start at the WCH.

But playing against Bulgaria is a absolutely pointless...

• It is pointless, but I don't think this match was ever supposed to be taken too seriously, IMO it was more of a considerate gesture for Tijana and Brankica, and Bosnian Serbs in general. I guess the two friendlies against Turkey next week will be more relevant.

It's nice to see that Bošković and Rašić had excellent stats, anyway.

As for Malešević, Serbia and Bulgaria played a training match on Thursday that was closed for public and Tijana was the only Serbian player not to get any court time, so I'm guessing maybe she's having some health issue at the moment.

• Well, guess who didn't make the last cut-off, like the last 135 times? :roll:

Anyway, the entirely predictable final roster for the WCh is as follows:

S: Ognjenović, Živković

OPP: Bošković, Bjelica

OH: Mihajlović, Malešević, Milenković, Buša

MB: Rašić, Veljković, Stevanović, Aleksić

L: Popović, Pušić

They'll play two friendlies against Turkey in Istanbul on Tuesday and Wednesday and will then be leaving for Japan on Thursday.

Good luck.