Serbian NT 2018

• We will see what happens with Ognjenovic but even if she decides to stay until 2020, Terzic needs to start thinking about the future of the position and giving more chances to the younger setters in the VNL. I don’t think Zivkovic should be back in the NT as there are other, younger options who are already the same level of players that she is IMO.

In fact that is something we can say about the entire team. Other than the OH2 position, it has been the same team ever since 2015. Obviously that’s because it’s a great team but I’d like to see some more young players coming through and at least being considered as reliable backup players.

I’m not sure what the future holds for this team (though with Boskovic likely around for many years to come, I expect it will be fine), but for today anyway they are world champs :cheesy: so I’m still enjoying this huge achievement.

• Everyone seems to be sure Maja will be sticking around for Tokyo, but somehow I'm not. I think winning another WCh medal (especially since her first one was with a completely different team) was a huge challenge for her, and now that she's not only won a medal, but the gold one, I'm really not sure how much motivation she has left. OTOH, her husband seems extremely supportive of her career, being a former pro athlete himself, so whatever she decides, it will be a decision she made for herself.

Terzić once talked about the WCh gold being his only unfulfilled dream and that he would resign from NT if he could achieve that. That was before he had a contract, however, and I really doubt he'd break it at this point with the Olympics coming close, but I'm sure that Tokyo will be the last we see from him on Serbian NT. It will be so weird without him, I can't really imagine it yet.

• Speaking of Maja and her husband, here's a fun fact - they now have the same career highlights. They've both won the European title, the World title and the Olympic silver. ^^

In fact that is something we can say about the entire team. Other than the OH2 position, it has been the same team ever since 2015. Obviously that’s because it’s a great team but I’d like to see some more young players coming through and at least being considered as reliable backup players.

So would I, but I'm not sure how realistic it is at the moment. Katarina Lazović might get a spot if Milenković doesn't recover (and I'm really worried about that one - see Malagurski) and Malešević may be dropped completely if she doesn't get herself together and that's about it.

I don't really see any changes on other positions. MBs look set for at least another few years, especially with Mina Popović's injury woes. Like I said, I definitely think we need a stronger back-up OPP than Bjelica, but I don't think there's a short term solution available at the moment.

As for the setters, I really don't think Živković is going anywhere, although we really should start investing in Mirković a lot more.

Basically, barring injuries, the team for Tokyo is more or less set. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

• Maja does not need to play at all in 2019 and 2020, she can just come back for the Olympics. And simply let Mirkovic and Danica/Cirovic play every game until Tokyo. I`m sorry but Terzic gotta get ride of Zivkovic in fact he should have taken Mirkovic to the WCH instead of her.

Serbia will be just fine qualifying if they play without Maja. And I think all the starters could take VNL and World Cup off....Terzic should use these 2 tournaments to try new players such as Lazovic,Lozo, Vanja Bujlikc, Mdark and so many others.....and also let Mirkovic/Busa/Milenkovic (hopefully) Mina Popovic, Pusic play a lot more.

I love Blagojevic and she was great last year, but consider her age and how well Busa did I would have to give her spot for Lazovic/Lozo to develop.

But still.. is nice for Serbia to finally have some options on the OH.

And if they consider winning ECH again a big deal then in this case the A team could come back ( minus Zivkovic).

I really don`t know what to make about Malesevic, I read somewhere that she was still take pain killers not to long ago.....I just hope she gets healthy soon and can get it together. I missed watching Stevanovic this WCH ( against the top teams) but Veljokovic`s spikes are breath taking :cheesy:.

I still can`t believe it....They are the World Champions.... :super::heart::dance6:<3

• I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when Maja was supposed to lift the trophy, she called Milena so that they can lift it together. She called her by her name several times, and then showed her with her eyes.. So after all there maybe has been some kind of controversy over the captain role

• I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when Maja was supposed to lift the trophy, she called Milena so that they can lift it together. She called her by her name several times, and then showed her with her eyes.. So after all there maybe has been some kind of controversy over the captain role

Maja called Rasic and she came over and Maja asked her to lift it....But Rasic was like "no , u do it"...Of course I can only assume, but I think Rasic was like " No, you are our captain and you are of the reasons we won this tittle, without u we could done have done it". Rasic did not want to take the moment from Maja`s......at least this is how I see it.

• I took it as Maja acknowledging that Milena had been the team captain in her absence, which was a really nice touch IMO.

I don't think it's possible to deduct whether there's been some controversy over the captain role based on that alone.

What I did notice, or perhaps it was just an impression, was that the team seem more and more united in their on court demeanor as the tournament went on and literally everyone interacted with each other in celebrations and such.

• I took it as Maja acknowledging that Milena had been the team captain in her absence, which was a really nice touch IMO.

I don't think it's possible to deduct whether there's been some controversy over the captain role based on that alone.

What I did notice, or perhaps it was just an impression, was that the team seem more and more united in their on court demeanor as the tournament went on and literally everyone interacted with each other in celebrations and such.

Yeah I agree with you, I thought that too.

But I'm mentioning this because somebody here said Maja aksed to be the captain if she gets back.. and it was discussed here on this forum. That's the reason why I brought this up

• Do you think Radenkovic is out of picture nowadays? Since I am not really fan of Mirkovic, I don't really mind to Zivkovic as back-up. She showed that she is still useful for this team during the ECh.

• I'm sure Radenković will get a call again, but Terzić just doesn't seem to trust/like her. I'd like to see more of her on NT, but she never gets much of a chance.

I really wish we had played this year's VNL differently and that more players had been given a chance.

• Big big congratulations for Serbia! I was cheering for this team (especially after they stopped to chew gums during matches :lol:). Match agaist Brazil showed to me that this team will make big result and here it is. With Bosković Serbia will win a lot in the future.

• What a massive welcome home they got....<3:flower:...really really cool.

I think it should have been even bigger. And probably would have been had their WCh games been shown on national TV, like I said previously. Unfortunately, a lot of people were unable to watch them actually win the gold medal. It's not the same when you just hear about it on the news later.

And now there's some controversy as they (or rather, Terzić) gifted a medal to the president of Serbia, who is hugely unpopular (for a very good reason, I might add) among a large part of the population, and now many people are shitting all over them because of that. The whole thing makes me sad.

On the other hand, Maja basically confirmed she'll be there for the Tokyo Olympics, so that's good.

• I think it should have been even bigger. And probably would have been had their WCh games been shown on national TV, like I said previously. Unfortunately, a lot of people were unable to watch them actually win the gold medal. It's not the same when you just hear about it on the news later.

And now there's some controversy as they (or rather, Terzić) gifted a medal to the president of Serbia, who is hugely unpopular (for a very good reason, I might add) among a large part of the population, and now many people are shitting all over them because of that. The whole thing makes me sad.

On the other hand, Maja basically confirmed she'll be there for the Tokyo Olympics, so that's good.

Wait, whose medal did they give to the president? The extra one for Milenkovic?:what:

• No, she got her medal. I don't know whose medal it was, but it certainly wasn't of any of the players. It could have been Terzić's, since he's the one who presented it as a "special gift", but I doubt that. I don't know if national federations also get medals as memorabilia of some kind, if so, that was probably the case.

It was tacky as hell, that's for sure. And I get why they did it, in order to keep their funding. This guy is basically an Erdogan-wannabe, so you can imagine how much he wants to be involved in everything. But still I wish it hadn't happened and now this controversy is starting to overshadow the fact that they have WON that medal in the first place.

Hopefully it will all blow over soon and be forgotten by the time the next NT competition begins.