Usa Nt 2018

• He's the one who choaches them the whole year. Didn't he see Wong-Orantes might need to play abroad? Was it necessary to humiliate her and Benson giving their spot to 2 wing spikers along the summer? He knows very well that liberos abroad have very limitated possibilities. He could talk to them and tell to find a good pro league (Benson played for a weak french team, of course her development was slower than her teammates' who play in the better leagues of the world). Just take Guidetti and how he took care of the libero position giving it to Stam and find the difference: there was a plan behind, he didn't humiliate the other liberos and Debby had 2 years to prepare herself for the OGs. Kiraly had no plans (or at least plan B) for the liberos and gave the spot to Kelsey all at once. I wonder why there's no plan B for the opposite, since Murphy does nothing more than making number on court since the 2015. Oh, right. He doesn't see it yet, just like with the liberos... :whistle:

No news from Wong-Orantes, but Benson signed for Dresdner. Her last chance to improve and keep her spot into the team.

wait, how do you know that he didn't recommend them to play abroad? And why it is trainer's job to find a club for the players, that's player's and her manager's responsibility. Kiraly can't force someone to play abroad if she doesn't want to due to family/personal issues. And what kind of plan b do you expect for opp position. He picked the best 2 out of only 3 options. A trainer can not create a good player out of thin air. His responsibility is to make the best out of what he has in his hands and so far he is doing a great job. It takes balls to take an oh as libero to such a big event and vnl showed that it was indeed a wise decision 😉

• This should be a wake up call for the USAV organization. Something needs to happen if they want this team to stay competitive at a very high level. Karch needs to rethink his goals for this program...And that includes looking at his own failures from developing players, selecting the right role players and most especially the system that we adopted his whole tenure. We have great athletes in the pipeline but I dont think any of them would perform much better than this team with his system. Get back to the drawing boards, USA!

• USA won a lot during last years, and I'm not sure about that. I think that the missing Hooker is a serious sin.

Maybe the problem is in good setter? Glass was the best in the world, now Lloyd is only good or average. I see tension on her face when she plays.

• USA won a lot during last years, and I'm not sure about that. I think that the missing Hooker is a serious sin.

Maybe the problem is in good setter? Glass was the best in the world, now Lloyd is only good or average. I see tension on her face when she plays.

Not even Hooker in her prime could change the fortunes of this team...not with the kind of sets the pins are getting all year. Another setter with the same fortitude as Glass should help but what this program desperately need is a system that would cater to the strengths of the athletes on the team instead of forcing them to adapt to system of play that severely limits their abilities.

• Maybe even if not hooker, stop having such a close minded system which basically eliminates all right handed Opp's regardless of them being better then their left handed counterparts.

I would also invest more in black athletes and not an all blonde team... Italy has far fewer black people then the USA f.e. there's a reason they look for them though, their athleticism can be a level above other races usually.

• Oh, please. It's 2018, and there's still people calling for Hooker, what has she won for USA anyway? Don't tell me Grand Prix:roll: Let alone her level has dropped since like 2012, she'e a mediocre OP at best now.:roll:

Don't agree at all. USA team (for me) as top class team was born in 2010. Those girls lost WCH, but it was not a big problem as a really great team appeared which could win everyting one by one and it was their first year in such roster. Unfortunately they lost, somehow, olympic final. Otherwise they won eveyrthing, and olympic silver is also achievement.

But going back to Hooker. She didn't get chance after 2012. Take a look what happened with Kurek. A few month ago many user, coaches and commentator were sending him for retirement, while now his glory will shine for all of the rest of his days. Why? Because coach didn't close his eyes when he was sellecting the team. That is the difference why Poland was able to defeat their gold and USA not.

• When was the last time you guys have watched Hooker? Stop living in the past and please don't mention about Fawcett who is one of the most overrated Opp ever.

USA's problem is the system they are trying to implement. This system can only work with special setter such as Glass who is a natural. And it clearly doesn't work with current setters in the roster. Lloyd is a great setter but she is not useful in such a system. I think in the absence of strong Opp, Karch should focus on big hitters such as Bartch and use a receiver Opp

• Volleyball is very teaching sport. During many years everyone should learn that field verified 'papers'. Simple example - last Men's WCH.

So expressing opinion as the only right shout not fit to volleyball fan.

I will repeat Hooker didn't play in NT since 2012. Nobody knows how she should look a like today after 6 more years playing at the highest international level.

• Don't agree at all. USA team (for me) as top class team was born in 2010. Those girls lost WCH, but it was not a big problem as a really great team appeared which could win everyting one by one and it was their first year in such roster. Unfortunately they lost, somehow, olympic final. Otherwise they won eveyrthing, and olympic silver is also achievement.

But going back to Hooker. She didn't get chance after 2012. Take a look what happened with Kurek. A few month ago many user, coaches and commentator were sending him for retirement, while now his glory will shine for all of the rest of his days. Why? Because coach didn't close his eyes when he was sellecting the team. That is the difference why Poland was able to defeat their gold and USA not.

LMAO, "buts" and "otherwises", sure, let's give them all the champions, because USA should have won them all:roll: And I'm pretty sure World Champion is a bigger achievement than the Olympic silver medal:wavy:

• the Usa couldnt take advantage of its best ever roster well enough ( the roster they were having at the OG in london )..it wont be that easy for them to have a lineup like that..still they have many good players currently and keep making up a good team

• LMAO, "buts" and "otherwises", sure, let's give them all the champions, because USA should have won them all:roll: And I'm pretty sure World Champion is a bigger achievement than the Olympic silver medal:wavy:

"Should" because they have possibilities they are not using. Don't know what's faunny here. But as you wish. And you can show facts as you wish comparing WCH gold to Olympic silver.

• But going back to Hooker. She didn't get chance after 2012. Take a look what happened with Kurek. A few month ago many user, coaches and commentator were sending him for retirement, while now his glory will shine for all of the rest of his days. Why? Because coach didn't close his eyes when he was sellecting the team. That is the difference why Poland was able to defeat their gold and USA not.

Unfortunately what worked for the Polish men's national team doesn't mean it would work for the USA women's. Hooker was an elite player and probably still have a lot to offer but she's not going to be the saviour of this team, not now...That shipped has sailed. For this team to move forward they need to look forward.

USAV need to identify and develop athletes much earlier than they normally do. They can't just rely on the NCAA to do all the work for them when it comes to developing prospects that they believe have the tools to compete with the best in the world. For every athlete that gets invited to the gym, the coaches need to hammer the fundamentals early on so at the very least we get another complete player like Jordan Larson or Logan Tom. If theres any country that can find and develop a Michael Jordan of Volleyball it's the USA. We have all the resources to be able to field more than 1 highly competitive team. Not having league of our own should not be use as an excuse.

• I don't agree, maybe in the past USA was able to develop big players that are really ambitious, but I think the US does lack recourses to come with the next big thing, if something does not change sometime soon I can only see them go downhill more and more. NCAA is not enough indeed, having a high level league is fundemental imo. US players above college age only can try to find a good deal abroad (not easy) some maybe don't want to be away from their families and friends all the time.

I think USA should start with a league soon, it will also take years to get it to a decent level, but with so many NCAA players it should not take too long.

Look at all big clubs, Italian players all play at home, Brazil has a good league, China has a decent one, Serbia a have a league and live very close to Turkey and Italy. Poland develops their own players, so does Turkey in a very great league although here they are benched too much bcs of the high level.

USA can ofc still have a great team without a league, but fact is their job is always 2X harder and I think it's almost embarrassing that there is still none in such a big volleyball country...

• An example: NCAA player that is hyped is wanted by some big Italian or Turkish clubs, but can't come because of an injury. Because she lacks a league can't find a contract abroad anymore next season and the big leagues don't care anymore. That's another carreer ruined....

• USA is a sports crazy country. Unfortunately volleyball is one of those sports that the majority of us only "care" about during the Olympic cycle...even then it doesn't get as much fanfare as other Olympic sports. WE are NOT a big volleyball country.

They have the funds, they have the technology and they have a never ending lists of potential athletes that can be cultivated/developed into an elite caliber player. So what other resources do you think we lack?

Starting a domestic league is not an easy tasks. There's already so many sports league competing for American eyeballs. NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS to name a few...soccer/football is having a hard time attracting viewers and even a hundred year old league like the national hockey league is not that popular compared to b-ball and American football. WNBA is not even getting half the viewership of NBA...just imagine what women's volleyball league would do.

• Funds and technology that is for sure not any better then the other countries... Even if say you did, where do you develop those players? NCAA, that's not a high level league. That's just college volleyball. I know volleyball is not big in that sense, I mean the achievements USA has, otherwise trust me volleyball is not big in any country really aside from some Asian ones maybe.

Difference between USA and European countries + Asian countries + Brazil is that they have the same amount of players however in these countries the players are actually being developed from within, how is US supposed to develop new talents and/or have mid to late twenty somethings get some experience even if they were not big when they were younger? American girls will not achieve anything unless they are big from a young age... Goncharova, for example if she was American would probably have been married with 2 kids now lol US lacks all resources ATM I'm not saying starting a league is easy, but USA will have these hit or miss generations for a long time if they never get one.

I know this for a fact, it's sad to me because there are a few American players that are decent playing in Turkish 2nd league and not achieving anything despite working hard simply bcs 1st league teams don't care or have no spots for them....

• Also get rid of Karch, biggest hypocrite ever!

Destinee Hooker is still the best American Opp, that's a fact. (I watched Minas many times) I also think Fawcett is overrated though.

Anyways, I get that he says Hooker is hard to work with and not a good teammate, we even saw that with what she did to Galatasaray however then how the hell does he replace hard working players with a girl that decided to ditch the NT 2 years ago when she was a starter also? Having Lowe in Wch can not be justified. Someone tell me how he is so against Hooker but thinks Lowe is an amazing team player??