Usa Nt 2018

• WNBA is becoming more popular in the USA and even in a global scale.

I'm just not sure how easy it is for anyone to attract black and female american athletes to try out and play volleyball overseas where hardly any american knows of you until the olympics when you can play basketball in an era of increased visibility and popularity of the sport.

as a hardcore American wannabe u should know that volleyball is the most popular sport among women in college. There's more girls playing volleyball than any other sport.

Mostly WNBA players still go play overseas during the off-season because they make no money at all in the WNBA.... I think the highest paid players in the WNBA makes around 100K per season.... This is what a person with a regular job can make... I don't even need to tell you that Larson makes 10x more by playing volleyball.

• We never said that She is beast like before, I said that She is the best what they have right now. She is not even close to Egonu and Boskovic but She can play better than Murphy and Lowe for sure.

She is playing in Brazlian league not in high school league, so it is not okey to say that She is not performing on high level volleyball... Lowe had season off and Murphy is playing in Japan but Hooker is not playing on "high volleyball" for long time because She is in Brazil, like Pls. Come on.

Is that hard to give her a chance and to see who will do better ? She is still playing so She has right for invitention. If she perform badly cut her off.

• as a hardcore American wannabe u should know that volleyball is the most popular sport among women in college. There's more girls playing volleyball than any other sport.

Mostly WNBA players still go play overseas during the off-season because they make no money at all in the WNBA.... I think the highest paid players in the WNBA makes around 100K per season.... This is what a person with a regular job can make... I don't even need to tell you that Larson makes 10x more by playing volleyball.

American players leaving USA during offseason doesn't contradict anything I've said that WNBA is a better situation than Post-NCAA volleyball.

We never said that She is beast like before, I said that She is the best what they have right now. She is not even close to Egonu and Boskovic but She can play better than Murphy and Lowe for sure.

She is playing in Brazlian league not in high school league, so it is not okey to say that She is not performing on high level volleyball... Lowe had season off and Murphy is playing in Japan but Hooker is not playing on "high volleyball" for long time because She is in Brazil, like Pls. Come on.

Is that hard to give her a chance and to see who will do better ? She is still playing so She has right for invitention. If she perform badly cut her off.

Let me give you a hint. No one likes Hooker in the USA gym. It's not just Kiraly.

Team trumps individualism unless that player is Zhu or Tijana or Egonu and they are still a very likeable than Hooker.

Team USA or even Minas gave an example of this to Hooker. They can win without her which is something Hooker cannot prove without them.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I'm just realizing now that Destinee Hooker is still a hot button issue. She was great for the NT but she'd been dismissed a long time ago. The women's national team managed to do well without her and without who I think is the more important piece during their run, Logan Tom. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of Karch's decisions but ultimately it's his team. He put cammaraderie and unity above anything else. He believed it would make his squad play better as a team if they all function in the same wavelenght. Akinradewo, Larson all express how much they enjoy playing for and with this squad more than the previous squad so I would assume and would rather take their word over unverified internet rumours and gossips.

• I'm just realizing now that Destinee Hooker is still a hot button issue. She was great for the NT but she'd been dismissed a long time ago. The women's national team managed to do well without her and without who I think is the more important piece during their run, Logan Tom. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of Karch's decisions but ultimately it's his team. He put cammaraderie and unity above anything else. He believed it would make his squad play better as a team if they all function in the same wavelenght. Akinradewo, Larson all express how much they enjoy playing for and with this squad more than the previous squad so I would assume and would rather take their word over unverified internet rumours and gossips.

I don't agree. It's not HIS team.. it's USA's team. This team bellongs to the United States of America. He should keep that in mind, that whenever they step on the court they're representing the whole country. You should be able to enjoy what you do yeah, but also this is their job, they're grown people, and sometimes should get over themselves and look at the bigger picture.. What has being friends, enjoying playing together brought them so far, except for that WCH gold 4 years ago? And don't tell me Olympic Bronze because we all know what color that medal should have been.

I don't want my words to get twisted, the players don't make those decisions, they can just contribute, but it's Karch's call in the end.

However I'm proud of the girls, they really tried hard.. and as I mentioned I'll give my thoughts soon.

• Also I get that maybe Destinee was not a good Team-Player I'm not saying she will be the magic piece for USA that will suddenly make them good. But also I don't get why people are so surprised when they see people still missing Hooker for USA. Clearly the Opp's lack, clearly she is still athletic it's not fair to us or her.

2012, she was like everyones Zhu Ting, Boskovic, Egonu and everyone loved seeing her on court then she disappeared. I'm pretty sure everyone would riot if let's say Mazzanti suddenly decided Egonu is a bad team player and never let her play from now on...

I agree btw that we should look forward but I don't get why people act so surprised when some people still miss Destinee Hooker and want to point that out...

• Btw I don't like this clique thing going in team USA, very easy to push the odd one out away with this and act like it's all their fault... I agree these are grown women, professionals. They should get over themselves.

• I don't agree. It's not HIS team.. it's USA's team. This team bellongs to the United States of America. He should keep that in mind, that whenever they step on the court they're representing the whole country. You should be able to enjoy what you do yeah, but also this is their job, they're grown people, and sometimes should get over themselves and look at the bigger picture.. What has being friends, enjoying playing together brought them so far, except for that WCH gold 4 years ago? And don't tell me Olympic Bronze because we all know what color that medal should have been.

I don't want my words to get twisted, the players don't make those decisions, they can just contribute, but it's Karch's call in the end.

However I'm proud of the girls, they really tried hard.. and as I mentioned I'll give my thoughts soon.

It's his team in a sense that he is the one who ultimately makes the call. USAV gave him that authority. Do I agree with a lot of his decisions, HELL TO THE NO. Looking at the bigger picture includes taking the happiness of the individuals in your team into consideration. It's obvious that Karch values the opinion of select individual more than the others. We all do it. We're all guilty of that. He's responsible for the team he believes that can execute his plans. If one piece of the puzzle, no matter how colorful that piece, doesn't fit then why force it?..I think we're pretty much in the same side of the argument tho..

• Sorry, but i'm wondering why Fawcett wasn't in USNT for this WCH? Lstely, i watched some of Brazil league matches, and i knew Fawcett is in Praia, and she has beautiful and strong swing.

• So is Megan Easy still a part of the NT? On the latest WNT update she's one of the players they listed and highlighted. Meanwhile there was no mention of Fawcett and Hooker playing in Brazil, only Lloyd. So that could only mean that those two are indeed out of the USA system and I would assume Megan still is....right? I for one would love to see Megan in USA colors again.

Also I'm kind of dissapointed that Lowe is not playing club this season specially after 2 years of being away from the sports. She could be a game changer but her aversion of playing and making a living abroad is killing all her potential.

• So is Megan Easy still a part of the NT? On the latest WNT update she's one of the players they listed and highlighted. Meanwhile there was no mention of Fawcett and Hooker playing in Brazil, only Lloyd. So that could only mean that those two are indeed out of the USA system and I would assume Megan still is....right? I for one would love to see Megan in USA colors again.

OMG. I'm really hoping Hodge will play for USA again. It's sickening that they have a bunch of good player out there, but didn't get any chance to prove it

• I wasn't sure where to post this, but apparently Danielle Scott-Arruda was the victim of a crime yesterday. Her brother-in-law rushed into her house and stabbed her, as well as killed her sister. Scott is in critical, but stable condition.

Does anyone know anything else about this?

• =O oh my, how horrible... what is going on with this world????? :cursing:8|:thumbdown:

i could not find any info online but i found this old article... she had been dealing with some tragedy before this, when her house was flooded and she lost everything. incidentally, i didn't think she was still an arruda, i thought they divorced?

https://www.presstelegram.com/…t-after-louisiana-floods/