Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Two solid matches in a row for Imoco. It's a confidence building ramp up for their match with ECZ who looked out of sync in their recent ugly loss to Vakif. Everyone for Imoco was solid today and their serve was on point. Sylla/Hill versus Larson/KYK10, it should be a great competition. Bosko versus Fabris/Lowe but Imoco seems to have the advantage at middles and certainly at setter.

• Scandicci x Fener can easily turn into a mess, unless Fener servers have decent number of service mistakes . I hope this game wont be like the first one we saw between Fener and Moscow with more aces than perfect receptions ( i believe Fener in that game had around 20 aces and Moscow had around 10 )

• I couldn't watch but Bergamo lost against Chieri too :gone: like I've said last time,Chieri is playing much better with the new American setter Poultin.

Monza beat Pomì 3-1

Her name is Jordyn Poulter. Yes, I think she is promising. I will not be surprised if she joins Lloyd, Hancock, and Carlini competing for a position for Tokyo.

• Jordan Poulter, just out of college, and in a half season in Italy has quickly shown that she will be must have setter in the next few years. Her big push now is the get the serious attention of Karch so she can have an opportunity to fight for the starting setter postion in Tokyo 20. The US has a plethora of talented setters. The question is "can Karch create a system that maximises the skill of just one of them to revive his teams potential for a medal in Tokyo". It's clear that Club general managers still value the best US players as key components for success regardless as to how Karch uses them. Kelsey Robinson a case in point.

• I think Bergamo's coach should be fired already, they won't make it to play-offs and it's disappointing. Their team is pretty good on a paper, but they can't deliver at all.

Those are exactly my thoughts too. Imo, he is not that good coach and the team is underperforming. The good thing is that Smarzek will end season at the end of March and then will have time to rest and prepare for VNL and tons of attacks in each match :rolll:

• I'm disappointed too by Bergamo: they never really found theor rhythm and now that the other teams have found their balance, Bergamo is still not there. Setter and OH position is a mess, with players doing well one week and the other playing really bad. Look at Cuneo: with a cheaper roster they are going to play the play off most probably, when at the beginning of the season I thought thy would have hardly saved their ass..Bergamo shoulfd rethink its roster, starting from solid players who will play most of the time and then they would have to think about the bench..

• This game may help Imoco to pick up the confidence. They have been playing bad in some important games like Italy Cup final and CL group match. Let's see if they can keep going when facing Ecz two weeks later.

If Beyza can not recover from injury at that time, Ecz's MB line is an issue. Bursa is ok, but Gibbe is a loophole on blocking. Wolosz could take advantage of it and set up some fast balls.

• This game may help Imoco to pick up the confidence. They have been playing bad in some important games like Italy Cup final and CL group match. Let's see if they can keep going when facing Ecz two weeks later.

If Beyza can not recover from injury at that time, Ecz's MB line is an issue. Bursa is ok, but Gibbe is a loophole on blocking. Wolosz could take advantage of it and set up some fast balls.

I agree that Imoco had bad games recently, but sincerely the italian cup final has been insane to me. They played really well, but Novara changed the rhythm and Imoco couldn't finish it. They must really be focused against ECZ for sure, but I think they have their chances.

They've signed Krsmanovic for CL, had quality minutes in the net with Boskovic in their last match.

• 22nd round

CONEGLIANO - SCANDICCI 3-0

Sylla 13, Hill 12, De Kruijf 11 / Haak 10, L.Bosetti 8, Vasileva 6

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720955

CASALMAGGIORE - MONZA 1-3

Cuttino 20, C.Bosetti 15, Carcaces 10 / Ortolani 19, Orthmann 16, Buijs 11

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720956

BUSTO ARSIZIO - BRESCIA 3-0

Herbots 16, Grobelna 12, Gennari 9 / Rivero 12, Villani 10, Nicoletti 9

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720957

BERGAMO - CHIERI 2-3

Smarzek 24, Olivotto 11, Mingardi 10 / Gyselle 28, Angelina 16, Perinelli 12

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720958

CUNEO - FILOTTRANO 3-0

Van Hecke 18, Salas 17, Markovic 9 / Whitney 11, Vasilantonaki 9, Partenio 9

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720959

FIRENZE - CLUB ITALIA 3-0

Lippmann 13, Alberti 11, Degradi 10 / Nwakalor 10, Pietrini 9, Fahr 8

http://www.legavolleyfemminile…ge_id=47322&idgara=720960

Rest: NOVARA

Standing

1. CONEGLIANO 52

2. NOVARA 46

3. SCANDICCI 44

4. MONZA 40

5. BUSTO ARSIZIO 39

6. CASALMAGGIORE 38

7. FIRENZE 35

8. CUNEO 30

9. BERGAMO 25

10. BRESCIA 24

11. FILOTTRANO 14

12. CHIERI 7

13. CLUB ITALIA 2

• The race is in for the 8th spot. Cuneo, Bergamo and Brescia all have some chance so I decided to look at their remaining games:

Cuneo

VS Scandicci

VS Conegliano

VS Novara

VS Club Italia

Bergamo

VS Club Italia

Rest

VS Scandicci

VS Monza

Brescia

VS Monza

VS Chieri

VS Conegliano

VS Scandicci

Cuneo must still be favourites but playing all the top 3 is tough, but Brescia are also playing 3 of the top 4 and Bergamo will play 2 of the top 4 and have a rest week, so I don’t think any team will score too many points in these last few games. Surprise results are always possible of course, so this could be an interesting fight for the last spot.

• Pomi and Scandicci could be very interesting play offs and Busto-Monza.

Rachel Rourke is rumored to play for some Italian team in play-offs. Maybe Pomi will signed her ?? Or even Busto, but this could falls too.

• Pomi and Scandicci could be very interesting play offs and Busto-Monza.

Rachel Rourke is rumored to play for some Italian team in play-offs. Maybe Pomi will signed her ?? Or even Busto, but this could falls too.

Danielle Cuttino is playing very well now. but Kaja Grobelna is very weak and she is the worst Opposite in Serie A. Busto should find a new Opposite and I think Rourke can help them in playoffs.